Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2014 sleevers check in please!

@@carolyn_1978, you look awesome & great job!

To answer your question, I coincidentally asked a similar question yesterday at my appt. my PA said if we don't continue following the program. (i.e., Protein, veggies, carbs)it's very possible to regain. She's seen some regain a small as 10-20lbs and a few have regained most of their weight back .

She said if we eat the wrong foods and graze, it's a sure fire way to go back from whence we came. A support team and determination are essential.

A "healthy" dose of worry is good-keeps us in check. There are some vets on this forum who have maintained there weight 3-5 years out. So it's possible.

Hi,

Just touching base, I am near my goal weight of 175, which is within sight. I am happy about that. I have been called bony by massage therapist. I lost my son in a motorcycle accident in late August and have been numb ever since. Keep hoping I will feel more alive soon. Wishing all the fellow bypass folks a wonderful holiday, hug your family members.

Kris

@@filmgal, My sincere condolences on your loss. Deeply sorry you are going through this. I hope you are surrounded by friends and family during this difficult time. I can only imagine how rough the holiday season can be, concentrate on the "happy" memories of your son.

Congrats on being so close to goal. I am STILL struggling with the last 20 urrrgh!

I've been at goal since May, but find the maintenance phase to be quite tricky at times. I'm trying to stay within a 5 pound range. Any indulgence on carbs sure shows on the scale the next day. Looks like I'll be living the rest of my life steering clear of carbs.

Happy 2 year sleeve-versary!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

My two year surgery... Has past on the 1st I've never made it to my goal weight...I gotten to 185 and then started gaining... Had anyone gained since surgery? Has your appetite came back? Can you still eat small meals... Its hard to lose this regain...

Sent from my 6045O using the BariatricPal App

My two year surgery... Has past on the 1st I've never made it to my goal weight...I gotten to 185 and then started gaining... Had anyone gained since surgery? Has your appetite came back? Can you still eat small meals... Its hard to lose this regain...

@@Melissayw816, yep I've regained 8# in less then two month this past summer and have been struggling to lose it.

I, too, never made it to goal.

Melissa,

I am in the same situtation. I had my surgery October 8, 2014 and I am really struggling. I never reached my goal weight although I was close. I was content for a year at the same exact weight then out of no where I have gained 15 pounds. I don't think I am doing anything different.

I got to travel this winter and was miserable because I couldn't enjoy the food as if it were pre-surgery. I was so disappointed to be able to have this opportunity and I can still only have a taste of things. The thought that I have to stay on a low calorie life to maintain is beyond me. Why? Why would not Portion Control be enough.

Now that I have done my whining, I have started the pre-surgery diet for two weeks. shakes, applesauce and Soup. If that doesn't get rid of the 15 pounds I don't know what else to do. I was walking 3 miles a day but the weather has prevented that in the last couple of months. Maybe that is all it is.

I will fight on, because I made this choice and it will not be for nothing.

@@Buffer, I have no words of wisdom, just know you're not alone in this struggle. Since my last post, I've gained a few more pounds, up 11# and two dress sizes.

I have been working out 3 days a week. Trying to increase it to 4 or 5 days but it's very hard. I 've been experiencing pain in one if my feet, so it's difficult to workout more then 3 days. However, I'm working w/a podiatrist to get it resolved.

All we can do is keep trying. Never give up.

Like many of you, I struggled with weight regain. This past summer I went to do my post surgical follow up with my bariatrician (medical doctor in the same practice as my surgeon) who helped me come up with a better diet that helped with the increased hunger and regain. Despite the extra efforts with added dieting (and more exercise) I still couldn't get below 175. In the end, the bariatrician thought it may be some added insulin resistance I might have from my PCOS. He placed me on Victoza and my obstetrician placed me on metformin (though I'm not diabetic) to see if they would help kick start my weight loss again. To my surprise the combination of the two have helped me shed additional weight and have also helped me continue to lose. I'm down to 159 lbs -- and thankfully, still losing with the aid of the medications, continued good eating, and regular exercise.

Everyone's health situation is different, and I am by no means advocating drugs for weight loss, but I do think that follow up with a bariatrician has been a huge benefit for me personally. I think I probably would've continued to struggle had the doctor not tried to work the problem from a different angle with me. Anyway, don't lose faith after a little regain! Your goals are still possible! Having a good bariatrician helps!

Hi all,
I haven’t been here in over 5 years. I regained all my weight x2 by 2017. I have since lost it and I have 19 more pounds to lose to be at goal. Is anyone else at or close to goal? I would love to hear how everyone is doing. Life has been rough but I’m thankful to still be here and I feel blessed to have lost the weight I gained from being ill and on so many medications. HW 300 CW 169

Hey I’m just finding this post from October 27th 2014. I had my surgery on this exact date and I have not used this website yet. I wanted to reach out to any of you who still frequent Bariatric pal for some support from people who had the sleeve back when I did. I was very young and didn’t have a support group and I wish I had one then. I’m hoping to get back on track and to have help from people who are just a far out as I am! God bless and I hope to chat with all of y’all soon. Jess