Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soon to be banded in Richmond

Hi Dr Schroder is my doctor. He is very good. I had mine in Sept 06. I am completely satisfied. Good Luck, you will be fine.......

Thanks, deebritt! I was mixed up on my previous post when I said Dr. Brengman was the doctor who spoke at the seminar I attended. It was Dr. Schroder, and he came across as very caring and thoughtful. I realized that when I checked their web site to research the surgeons' credentials. After reading the positive reports on both doctors on this discussion board, I was happy to see either doctor. Dr. Schroder also said that they work together during the surgeries, so I'm glad that both doctors are so well respected by everyone. :lol::thumbs_up:

Janine, I wast thread hoppin' and saw your posts here! Sounds like you're doing great!!! I was banded last day in oct. '07 and I've only lost 45 lbs.so far :) some is better than none tho' :sad: I think I've plateaued and I probably need another fill! glad you're doing well!

Diane, thanks for the nice comments. I wish I was doing better too! I have been at the same place, 190 FOREVER!!!! I hit 189 for a glimse! what is strange is that I have not been eating that much and it is stuck on me. i know the key is exercise which has been a struggle with me. I need to do that. BUT having said all that, I am happy that I am where I am and how different I feel from a year ago.

Do you have any problems with food going down now? dont get to tight. I am thinking of getting a slight unfill. I keep waiting to see. I guess I don't want to get to loose, but food is difficult to go down and there is no way I can drink carbonated drinks, they girgle up. I am not a soda drinker, but I tried tonic Water and beer, and nope since my last fill. I also can't drink to fast and it gets stuck. but if I watch what I am doing it is ok. strange!

Janine, Yep I sure do get stuck! I've had two fills and a slight unnfill from my second one. I think I don't chew it up good enough and/or eat too fast. steak is out of the question, and chicken isn't much better! But the foods and beverages that aren't good for weight loss, go down just fine and dandy!!!! GRRRRRRRRR!

I LOVE Dr. Brengman and Dr. Shroeder. Dr. Elliott seems nice enough, but I heard he doesn't do good with fills. However, he did one of mine and it was fine, but I did hear horror stories in the waiting area.

I just can't say enough nice things about Brengman though, he's at the top of my Christmas Card list!

Hi Suzanne G., I will be banded by Dr. Brengman on July 24. Today was my first day on the pre-op diet. It hasn't been bad at all. I have only met Dr. Brengman once, but really liked him also. I am glad to hear good things about him. Congrats on your weight loss! You are almost there.

I have a band date. September 4!! I'm getting very excited now. My appointment was with Dr. Brengman, and I really like him, so that was a relief. The seminar I attended was with Dr. Schroder, and he seemed very good too. I would have been happy with either as my primary surgeon.

Thanks nyllrap. You will be very happy with Brengman. Also, oftentimes for follow-up appointments, I get Erin, his PA. She's very sweet and competent and I'm happy to see her for follow-up, but if I think I'm going to need a fill, I ask for Brengman.

Best of luck to you and Kiz. Maybe I'll run into you guys in the office! I'm usually there on a Friday, so if you are ever in there on a Friday watch for me. Just look for the woman with short hair, carrying a Nora Roberts book! :-D

Let me know how your surgery goes!

Anyone know who does fills on Thursday's at St. Mary's?? My first fill is on July 31st. I was banded by Dr. Elliott, but I believe he does Thursday fills at Henrico Doctor's. I'm a little worried about the needle...I hear it's pretty darn big :unsure:

Hi iteachurkid, I'm thinking about the needle for the fill. It is fairly large and I definitely wouldn't look. I am getting banded on 7/17 by Dr. Brengman and am also a nurse. I don't mind getting labs drawn or IV's started, but I know the fill needle is big and that I don't need to see it.

Suzanne, I read what you said about different doctors at Brengman's office doing the fills. Are you able to request who does it? Or, do you find that it really matters. I have never met Dr. Elliot. I've met everyone else I think, and I like them all. Thx, Nancy B.

Thanks for the well wishes Suzanne, and I'll remember to look for you if I'm ever in the office on a Friday. Congratulations on your great weight loss!!

As far as the needle goes, I don't think the size will bother me, as long as I'm numbed and it doesn't hurt. I don't think I'll look either, just in case.

Do they numb you? That would make my anxiety go down just a tad :blush: I can't believe I have a fill two weeks from tomorrow...it seems so close (yet, so far away :eek:)

Iteach, I had another fill today...nothing to it! yes, they numb the area, and as for the size of the needle, I choose to not look, LOL!

tnag86, I have been told that you can request the doc who fills you. Basically they take fills in shifts and you just need to get on the right one. I've been filled once by each of them and twice by Brengman and all 4 were a breeze.

As far as I can tell, they don't numb you there. I didn't look at the needle. It didn't hurt as much as a shot or even an IV, just a quick prick and you're home free. I'm a HUGE baby and it was a breeze.