Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soon to be banded in Richmond

Congratulations Mary! I'm glad your apporval was quick!

I just had my 2nd post op doctor's appointment today. It appears that the plateau that plaqued me for a couple weeks is over cuz I lost 6.5 since my last appointment on June 19th! Yippee!!!! That's officially 26 total according to my doctors records - plus I lost 8 from my heaviest weight prior to my first ever visit to him.

He asked me about what I have been eating, do I feel full when I eat a meal, and how long after meals do I start feeling hungry. I told him that I am beginning to comprehend the full filling but since I usually measure out exactly what I am going to eat, and then stop when I've eaten that food, that I don't usually feel the "full" feeling - however there have been times that I did eat more than normal and then I feel the "full" feeling. And I very rarely feel hungry and I have yet to really figure out what hunger is. The couple times I think I have felt hungry is really late at night and my stomach starts growling really bad.

He asked me if I wanted a fill. I told him that I don't think I need one yet and he said he didn't think I needed on either, but that I could have one if I felt I wanted one. So we agreed I would wait and go back and see him in 2 weeks and then talk about it again.

I go back to see him 2 days before I go home to WI for an extended weekend and then 2 days after I get back to VA, a friend from WI is coming to stay with me for 10 days - That 2 week period will be the real challange for me!

I pointed out one spot about the size of a pinhead on my largest incision that continues to ooze. This is the only spot on any of my incisions that has oozed. He told me that there is a stitch under there that's irratating it and if I see it sticking out I can just pull it out.

How did everyone do yesterday (July 4th)? I ate my normal Cheerio's for Breakfast. During the afternoon I went to a picnic where around 4 pm I had about 2 oz of grilled chicken, a little mac and cheese, a little Jello, and little baked Beans, a couple crackers with crab spinich dip on it, and about 1/4 a cup of a strawberry banana smoothie. I had brought my own flavored Water with me to drink. Then around 8 pm when I got home I had 4 crackers with crab spinich dip and about 1/4 cup of ceasar tortallini salad. I felt I did ok......but....

Today I wasn't quite as good. I ate my norm for breakfast and lunch but then for dinner, after coming home from my doctor's visit, I stopped at Ukrops and treated myself to... 1/2 cheeseburger patty, some ukrops potato chips, and a slice of french silk pie. Then a couple hours later I ate some more Ukrops potato chips and a Ukrops chocolate chip Cookies. Now this is the behavior I had prior to the surgery where I would eat several dessets! And even if I buy them and think I will eat one today and one tomorrow, I always end up eating both of them within a couple hours! I have no self control when it is sitting in my house! That is one area of my bad eating habits I am really going to have to work on and overcome!

This weekend I went shopping and Macy's was having a great sale. I have definately lost 1 size in shirts and 1 to 2 sizes in pants! That made me feel great! I went ahead and bought a couple things in smaller sizes to strive for!

Well that's it for now!

Thinner1

GREAT JOB on your weight loss and shopping!! what a great feeling!

Congrats Thinner1 (Mary) You should feel so good about being able to buy smaller tops and bottoms. Oh my gosh, I can't wait to experience that!! Of course anyone else in the dressing room will probably become concerned about my dancing. ;) Seriously, I want to take this banding as one small miracle at a time. Last week, my husband took out a bunch of old videos to convert to DVD and it has really motivated me to find the old skinny me. Good Luck to all us Virginians!

Hello all...I guess I totally missed the schedule for the support group this week. I looked at my blackberry and I do have it on for the second MONDAY in August. Not sure why I thought Tuesday this week? Maybe because I was off on Monday and that messed up my mind...very possible!

Did anyone go? Has anyone been to the lapband group only? or the other groups? there is one every Thursday for all weight loss surgery. I would like to get to one in the next weeks to come. Maybe we can meet there!

I am off to Pennsylvaina today for the weekend. Another party. I will watch my food intake so I don't choke and watch my alcohol too. Little sips of wine, on a limited basis! Those are my goals this weekend. After my son's wedding, I learned my lesson!!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Down one more lb!! It has been a snail process!

Hi All,

I too am a patient of Dr. Brengman's. I'm early in the process, currently awaiting insurance approval. Wish me luck!

By the way, how do I post the ticker here?

lelee I beleive the ticker site is tickerfactory.com. I wish I could help you set it up, but I had difficulty with mine. you may be able to get through it easier than I!

Good luck with your journey! I had my surgery at St. Mary's but with Commonwealth surgeons. they work together with the weight loss program.

Thanks! Dr. Brengman's office called to schedule the next education session .... moving forward :-)

Hello fellow Virginians~

I was banded on June 7th at St Mary's by Dr Brengman. Glad to see there are other's from the same office. They seem to be great there, maybe I'll see some of you at my next visit!:)

weight.png

TheNewMe1964, Congrats!

How long was the wait (for surgery) once you received approval from the insurance company?

LeLee,

My approval came quick! Within a week. The long part was waiting for it to be scheduled .....about 2 months:cry. The whole process from the begining in January with the seminar .....to all the other hoops you must jump through along the way .....finally came to a sugery date of June7th. It seemed like an eternity.....but the time frame was exactly the way I was told it would be. Best of luck to you LeLee, please let me know your progress and if I can answer any questions don't hesitate to ask. I go for my first fill on Thursday!!!:clap2:

Lelee, my journey is the same as the newme, it took from January to June 7! I was frustrated when I recieved approval and then they gave me a surgery date 2 months away! But it went fast. Keep us posted.

I've been carrying this load around for over 10 years. I guess I can wait a few more months :-) ... I have to attend the education session on August 6th. I guess I'm looking at an October surgery date. I will keep you all posted.

I have a question for those of you that use Richmond Surgical. How long after they got the approval from the insurance company did the nurses call you to schedule your two week pre-op visit and surgery? I have been waiting a week and still no one has called. I called the office and the receptionist told me that I need to be patient and wait for the nurse to call me. I know it's petty but I am so anxious to have this done. Also, we own a small horse farm and would love to get this done before the kiddo's go back to school and college. Anyone that has ever had to care of horses will understand why :)

Anyway best of luck to all Virginians either waiting for the surgery, or those lucky ones that already have the lap band. We can do this!!

God Bless

Mary

Hi Mary!

Patience is the key. I think I waited almost two weeks before I heard from the office. I'm going to assume you've already had your psych evaluation and your 3 hour nutrition class.....if you haven't, you should schedule those immediately. Those must be completed before your pre-op.

They are great in the office and will get to you as soon as possible, remember, everyone is anxious...I know I was!

I can share my time table with you..... started the process in January, got a quick approval in less than a week and was scheduled for surgery on June 7th. I have serious doubts that you will have yours by the time school is back in....but I wish you luck!

Let us know how your doing....and which Doc are you seeing?

Mary I was looking back at the posts on our thread, and I saw you posted the end of June first, right? Was this about the same time you started with the Doctor? If you have not had the above as thenewme posted, it can take a while still. you have to go through all those steps. If they have not provided you with a date, you may be into September before you are scheduled. try not to worry to much, it will happen.

I know that it is hard, waiting! Probably one of the harder aspects of the entire process. You have to be patient before and after the surgery. we all want it done now! Keep us posted. Good luck.

support group next week, is anyone going on Monday night, August 13?