Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Preop Appt tomorrow!

Good luck @@DaronB! Mine is on Monday.

Edited by kimodell69

@@amylynns how are you doing? I've been behind on reading the past couple of days. Just have faith in your surgeon and he will do what is best for you. We are all here for support!

In regards to narcotic pain killers. Some doctors prescribe such pain killers for the first week after surgery for your recovery at home. Because they are such powerful patients do not get the pain feedback from their pouch regarding being full. This combined with head hunger and poor eating control can be a recipe for disaster. This is how you get patient 5 days out of surgery calling the doctor "I was at the County Fair and I just ate a corn dog and felt something pop, now I am in a lot of pain, I am I going to die?"

For your safety urge on the side of caution regarding painkillers. Your body needs to tell you how it feels, right? As always follow doctor's advice but this makes so much sense to me.

I'm not getting enough Water, getting enough Protein, the gas is astronomical, I feel it moving all the time but it won't come out. I've been doing gas ex. I got to spend today trying to get in the water and my protein. I've got some bene-fiber tablets and some sugar-free gum which should help with the bad breath that I get whether I brush or not.

Edited by layknee

I have been struggling with burping up the fluids I am getting in. Seem to be burping up almost as much as I am taking in. I would not call it vomiting, more like reflux, but without the burning of the acid. pretty much still just doing Water, so far today. Had some broth last night. Soon I am gonna try a Protein drink since they are allowed today. Hope this does not continue.

Anyone else having this problem 4 days postop

@@amylynns how are you doing? I've been behind on reading the past couple of days. Just have faith in your surgeon and he will do what is best for you. We are all here for support!

I'm doing alright. Still feeling anxious, and I wasn't at all before I talked to my surgeon on Tuesday. But I know I'm in good hands, so I need to just let the worry go! This is such an awesome group of friends! I appreciate you all!

Preop Appt tomorrow!

Let us know how it goes Daron!

I have been struggling with burping up the fluids I am getting in. Seem to be burping up almost as much as I am taking in. I would not call it vomiting, more like reflux, but without the burning of the acid. pretty much still just doing Water, so far today. Had some broth last night. Soon I am gonna try a Protein drink since they are allowed today. Hope this does not continue.

Anyone else having this problem 4 days postop

I burp but it's not helping the gas in my belly. And I told my doctor I can feel the food come back up but it just tastes like a warm version of what I drink down it is not acidic at all.

Omg 1 entire scoop of unjur.y unflavored dissolves perfectly into 1/2 cup of sugar free dark chocolate pudding. It's delicious. post-218572-1413556894688_thumb.jpg

Also went shopping with my mom yesterday and definitely over-did it on the walking. But my victory of the day was packing a little bit of broth and unjur,y in my wonder woman thermos because I knew sitting in front of the sbarro while my mom devoured a chickfila fried chicken sandwich was definitely going to happen. I'm not physically hungry but I'm at the point where smells are starting to make me kind of crave things. And holy crap sbarro smells delicious. So all in all I think it was a victory. post-218572-14135571519981_thumb.jpg

Edited by superbariatricbabe

post-218572-14135572035469_thumb.jpg

Everybody needs a Wonder Woman thermos. :)

Omg 1 entire scoop of unjur.y unflavored dissolves perfectly into 1/2 cup of sugar free dark chocolate pudding. It's delicious. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1413556893.893961.jpg

Also went shopping with my mom yesterday and definitely over-did it on the walking. But my victory of the day was packing a little bit of broth and unjur,y in my wonder woman thermos because I knew sitting in front of the scarred while my mom devoured a chickfila fried chicken sandwich was definitely going to happen. I'm not physically hungry but I'm at the point where smells are starting to make me kind of crave things. And holy crap sbarro smells delicious. So all in all I think it was a victory. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1413557151.169712.jpg

I ordered my unjur.y yesterday, since I'm just finishing up my vanilla Cream Protein mix at home. It was really good...but like $35 a jug, unless I buy 3 jugs. I had bought 2 chocolate and 1 vanilla cream. The chocolate is gross. Maybe once I can mix a banana in with it, it might be alright. But anyway--I hear the unjur.y is amazing! So you got the unflavored one, right? I ordered the vanilla. I still have some of my unflavored GENEPRO Protein, so I can keep using that in my broth for now.

Glad you had a pretty good day out! And great job planning ahead, knowing your mom was going to be eating a chicken sandwich! (mouth watering again....LOL) I LOVE LOVE your Wonder Woman thermos!!!

I ordered my unjur.y yesterday, since I'm just finishing up my Vanilla Cream Protein mix at home. It was really good...but like $35 a jug, unless I buy 3 jugs. I had bought 2 chocolate and 1 vanilla cream. The chocolate is gross. Maybe once I can mix a banana in with it, it might be alright. But anyway--I hear the unjur.y is amazing! So you got the unflavored one, right? I ordered the vanilla. I still have some of my unflavored GENEPRO protein, so I can keep using that in my broth for now.

Glad you had a pretty good day out! And great job planning ahead, knowing your mom was going to be eating a chicken sandwich! (mouth watering again....LOL) I LOVE LOVE your Wonder Woman thermos!!!

when I read about un.jury the chocolate splendor is one that's Made with mostly sucralose, while that Chocolate classic is a more milk chocolate flavoring like how they do the vanilla so I ordered the vanilla the classic chocolate and strawberry sorbet

Edited by layknee

The unflavored is nice because it disappears in almost anything except plain Water. The chicken Soup unjur.y is pretty good too. A little salty but it's such a nice switch from those sweet Protein Drinks. Add it to warm chicken or beef broth and it's instant soup. Tastes kind of like cup noodles or chick'n biscuit crackers.

lunch is strained cream of mushroom Soup made with fair life Protein skim milk. I added a dash of onion and garlic powder and a dusting of pepper. post-234841-14135751317538_thumb.jpg post-234841-14135751568995_thumb.jpgi probably won't finish the whole

1/2 cup serving. But what nice is the fair life milk is 13g Protein per eight ounce. Taste good.

Ps. I had my mom go get me milk of magnesia and I was able to pass gas feeling a bit better than yesterday. I can still feel all this gas moving.

Recipe if from my wls book I was given by the doctor.

Edited by layknee