Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been reading and reading and keep seeing stuff about the dreaded PBs. Can someone translate that for me? :rolleyes:

Uh, from what I gather I think it has something to do with sort of...throwing up. But I;m not sure...

Pb, productive burp, is kind of hard to define "hands down" because there are several variations of what it means. I consider a PB to be when something that cannot pass through the stoma has to come back up. Sometimes it's just saliva, sometimes it's saliva and food, most often it's disoclored saliva, so presumably some combination of the two.

It is not throwing up.

Throwing up is when the contents of your stomach are purged. So you're talking acid, undigested food, etc.

PB is just whatever is stuck, and whatever you've put down since. Or sometimes just saliva. Or if you've been stuck/PBing for a while, you can begin to produce foam... as it's called... kind of the consistency of really frothy Shampoo lather. And then there's the "egg white" PB. :D

We have a thread going about what the different acronyms and initialisms mean, I'll see if I can find it (anyone who has it bookmarked feel free)

Question on PB. Are there stomach contractions with a PB (like a "real" puke), or is it more like tipping a bottle over and everything pours out? Sorry, just trying to get a real idea of what this is all about. I drank a marguarita a few months back and guzzled a little to fast. It sat about the middle of my chest and wouldn't go down and I went into the bathroom and just leaned over the toilet and it all just kindof poured out (with no tummy contraction with it). Is that more like PB?

wow, gross. !! doesn't seem as bad as puking though. I hate that feeling of something rocketing out of you when you throwup.

Is there a link that explains all of the abbreviations, i.e. lingo, used in these threads?

It's like trying to read a foreign language for us new folks!

TENGAL

Is there a link that explains all of the abbreviations, i.e. lingo, used in these threads?

It's like trying to read a foreign language for us new folks!

TENGAL

Yep, in post #4, my other post on this thread. Just look six posts up this page from the one you are reading.