Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going to Mexico for the proceedure, been researching the materials that the Drs have sent to me. Top 2 Doctors that look the best to me are Dr Rodriguez and Dr Aceves. Help me!!:nervous

He was a bit more expensive, not that i haven't heard that he's good. I am a mother of 5 and money does play a role. Dr Rodriguez has done as many as Dr Ortiz. Both Doctors have a great pt base and testimonials along with medical reputations. Still in the thinking process. Thank you for your interest though.

I'm looking for a good Dr. in Mexico too. Where is Dr. Rodriguez located in Mexico and what does he charge.

The parking lot for the Hospital is dirt. I saw a deaqd cock roach the size of my hand on the floor of the lobby. No one spoke English But the Dr. He is a nice man. But again Low fee low service. Its just not worth the risk. I know of a man that went there and it took four and a half hours to place the band. They knocked loose two teeth intubating him and hew was off work for over a month recovering.

Try Getbandednow.com They are first class with a responsible and safe protocol. I am down over 125 lbs they have been there for me every time I call or email. In fact Dr. Gutierezz actually visited me at home once when he was traveling the US on a speaking engagement!! They are the best ...MHO

So many of these "large Patient Base' Dr.s have actually been good at marketing their services online. They encourage their patients to refer others and speak highly of them. You never hear of the ones that had problems why is that? The Nationl averages are higher than these fellas say that their numbers are. For example in the US it is said that the complication rate in banding is say 2-5%. But these high visibility surgeons have numbers way way lower. How can that be? Simple they don't tell people. Not beating anyone up here its just that if you do alot of surgeries you are going to have more opportunities for complications. Simple arithmetic.

Short protocols means you are home before the problem arrises and therefore not something they feel the need to take responsibility for therefore they have low numbers of problems. Not really but thats how they look so good. Look for a team that has a four day protocol. Just my humble opinion.

Try Getbandednow.com they have a four day protocol and very very low numbers. Just ask them. I did. I am down 125 lbs so far with no issues.

they called me regularly and I spoke with the Dr.s several times. They were never to busy making money to call me. I loved that. Very supportive and thats why I have been so successful at losing the weight. Its not just getting the band but being taught how to work it for

the long haul. Thats what we are paying for.

In fact its been four years now and they still email me and call me on the phone to see how I am doing. Thats service, thats support.

Hi! I was just banded on 6/25/07 with Dr. Ortiz just south of San Diego. Great Dr. and very professional office. Very clean. The cost was $8,500 and would recommend him. I've also talked to the Dr.s on the 800 number and they call back and talk.

with Dr. Ortiz just south of San Diego. Great Dr. and very professional office. Very clean. The cost was $8,500 and would recommend him. I've also talked to the Dr.s on the 800 number and they call back and talk.

Thats My Birth day! Good for you. Yes I know that they call back and thats great. Its just that if the Doc is in surgery all day as most of the large patient base dr.s are then there is no time for aftercare.

I recomend Dr.s that have thriving practices already. Balanced practices where the dr.s is in his office seeing patients certain days then in Hospital other days. Balance. The key.

Once you have the band in you its then all about support and aftercare.

Matt

I have to agree with mattintosh here. I had a great experience with my doctor. I wanted to go to Tijuana and didn't pick Dr. Kuri or Ortiz and that was one of the reasons. But the main reason was that no one had the credentails that could compare to my doctor. Good luck!

You hit it on the head! The lead at Getbandednow.com Is A Fellow of The American College of Surgeons., his second is a sharp up and comer, his third yes there are three in there with you is a internationally recognised speaker on womens nutritional issues and weight loss as well as a full surgical Nurse and a full Anethesiologist. Also you can make appointments with them and they will call you back. The best! They teach. They care. They are there 24/7.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I was banded by Dr. Ortiz. One of my deciding factors was that one the doctors in my home town, Dr. Lee Grossbard was banded and trained by Dr. Ortiz. I was very happy with the whole experiance.

JC