Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10/19 surgery this is it!! Need Support!!!

I have read and re-read all of the posts and even printed many to take with me next week. I can't tell you all how much your posts have helped and informed me on what I am about to do. I loved seeing the new pictures today of Michelle and Rebecalee and how awesome they looked! I guess I feel like I did when I went in the hospital to give birth... I remember thinking of spring break in Lake Tahoe ---- I was at the top of a crest of snow hanging over this huge bowl 20=25 feet down at Snow Valley skiing when I was 19 (120 pounds by the way) and the ONLY way back down was to go for it and jump!!!! I remember when I was in the thick of it with all three labors and scared and in pain....I just knew there was no way to go back now right???I am treating this the same way I must DO IT there is no way else !!! I probably am overreacting ...I have read so many great detailed posts that have made me feel like I really now know what to expect. The people on the site are incredible and I hope I can help others when I can ...I think the week before most people are probably totally freaking out like I am. I must do this there is no other way I just want to feel good about myself and especially confident. I have let myself go soooo much! I have been cleaning and organizing my house and tackling things I have put off since I moved into this house 4 years AGO!!! I feel like if something does go wrong I want my husband to have everything easily accessible and organized for him and the kids.... I went through boxes of pictures that I cried over because I saw myself 20 40 60 80 pounds ago with my three babies over the years... going through all of this has made me realize even more how much I have isolated year after year due to my weight issues. I have to do this I want to be the woman I was just starting to be---- when I married young and started having babies and gaining weight. I want to wake-up and feel great again and feel like I have all of the confidence in the world

sorry for rambling on and on .....maybe you guys get me and what I'm saying...... I have become a different person with this weight the past fifteen years .. I have gained and lost so many times and gained again and again....I finally gave up five years ago ... I am hoping this will assist me in controlling my food issues . I will abide by whatever they say I must do but I simply can't do it alone I just can't........ This to me seems like the best option or rather the piece missing to the puzzle....of being able to control myself with eating!!!!

I thank you all for your honesty and humour I think you are all great !!!! LOL LOL :D

Kelly Ann,

Your sentiments are exactly how most of us felt before embarking on this great journey. Yes, it's quite common to be fearful. It's surgery - life changing surgery. It's a big committment to regaining your health and your true spirit. You'll find that the surgery itself is generally not too debilitating. Now and then someone comes home with swelling that causes them some discomfort the first few days, but mostly, everyone comes home and recovers quicker than they anticipated and besides the hunger that tends to rear it's head after the initial healing days, things get back to normal within the first couple of weeks. By my 5th day, I felt like a new person. Walking is your friend. Even if it is just in circles around your living room, this is the one thing that will help you the most.

You sound as if you are truly ready to make this committment and I wish you only the best!! Keep coming here for support and encouragement. We've all been right where you are and we'll be glad to help you in any way we can.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes for you!

Kelly Ann: We are all here for you and just close your eyes and take that leap of faith. You won't regret the decision. It had changed my life for the better. I don't regret my decision at all.

Kelly

I know exactly how you feel, I am going the 18th, so we will be one day apart. I will post when I get home, and hope you will do the same. Good luck with your surgery!

Hi Kelly Ann,

I can hear the same kind of panic in your post that I felt right before surgery. I was scared to death -- and not just of the surgery. I was afraid of the changes, afraid of failing, afraid of wasting a big bunch of money....

At 4 months out, I can say that the changes are intense at times but well worth it. I'm not failing and it was worth every single penny and more. I no longer fight depression at every turn. Life is full of possibilities. Even if life throws me a curve, I don't feel overwhelmed and defeated. I feel like a burden has been lifted so I can face all that life brings my way.

Surgery was not as bad as I expected. The happy drugs in the hospital were very effective. :) I had more pain afterward than some people do because my sensitive system swelled a lot and I also had restriction from the beginning. This turned out to be a blessing, with super weight loss from day one.

Your attitude will get you through just fine. If you are firm in you decision, just ignore your fears and march on to surgery. That's how I got there, too. It did help me to have a trip planned for the long weekend before my surgery. I didn't have time to worry. Keep yourself busy -- it sounds like you have been -- and soon you will be on the losing side. :D

Girl, you are going to be able to ski down those slopes again -- with your family! This surgery is just a minor downtime to open a wonderful, healthy life up for you. Sending you (((hugs))) and prayers for an easy surgery and recovery. You've already started on the road to a happier, healthier life for you AND your family. Best of luck!:)