Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My family doctor was very supportive. I haven't seen her since the pre-op physical and I will not until I get sick from something. It will be interesting to see her reaction to my weight loss.

The info I got on gastric bi-pass scared the hell out of me and most people who have not done the research (like your nurse) do not know the difference between lap-band and bi-pass. It is a very big decision but I have no regrets.

I have just found this web sight, it looks good.

Do as all have suggested and talk with people in the know you trust. Good luck, it nice to be a loser.

Hi Jim: You are very successfull in your loss, congratulations. Just noticed though that you had not seen your doctor since preop. Just thought I would pass on to you that the surgeon who has taken over my care on fills (because I live in Vancouver, BC and can't get to Toronto frequently) told me I should be seeing my GP at least once a month. As you loose weight, your body changes as well as your need for medications if you are on any. So just a suggestion, go see your family doc. Doddie

Thanks Doddie but I have been to the clinic I only live an hour from TO. I get my first fill 7th June.

Hi Jim. (my husband's name is Jim too). Whew! glad you are being monitored by the clinic if not your GP. Only time I wish I lived in Toronto, is when I need a fill or want to see Dr. I will be there June 13-17 to see Dr. Yau as my port has flipped. I understand there is a good chance he can correct the problem with a local. Sure would be great. The flipped port was the reason I cautioned you to keep in touch with your GP, you never know. Doddie.

I opted for the band simply because I couldn't see permantley ruining a perfectly good digestive system forever. It was not easy to pay 16,000 for the band but it isn't forever changing me. I have heard that at least we absorb nutrients with this restrictive wls while the bypass reroutes most nutrients out the ying yang. So the band it the winner for me. Read through these pages there is a ton of info here.

hi does, anyone know why dr joffe is no longer with tlbc

Hi I'm new to the website and am scheduled for surgery 25JUL07 with Dr Cobourn. You might want to check out The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario Homepage which is the ontario college of physicians and surgeons. There is an area there to query Doctor's names etc. Once you have found the doctor you were enquiring about, check out "current referrals". There is an allegation/explanation that may be of interest to you. Hopefully he gets it resolved quickly. DNGS

I've known this for a few months now....just didn't want to get into a big "thing" about it so never mentioned it. Why? Because the bottom line is that he has not been associated with TLBC for quite some time now. That is what the important thing is.

I hope this thread doesn't turn ugly, because who are we to judge on allegations. Plus, as I said...it is a moot point since he is not with TLBC and it was never the Dr. Joffe clinic....it was "TLBC".

No it certainly has nothing to do with TLBC.

As an aside, I am glad that this type of information is made available to the public. Although Dr. Joffe has not been with TLBC for a while, he is still practising medicine. He was doing surgery at Scarborough Grace the day I had mine there. (as Yoda pointed out these are allegations only at this point). As a patient, I would want to be fully informed.

Hi I'm new to the website and am scheduled for surgery 25JUL07 with Dr Cobourn. You might want to check out The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario Homepage which is the ontario college of physicians and surgeons. There is an area there to query Doctor's names etc. Once you have found the doctor you were enquiring about, check out "current referrals". There is an allegation/explanation that may be of interest to you. Hopefully he gets it resolved quickly. DNGS

hi, thanks for the information

I do hope that everyone realizes that this is only an "allegation" at this point.

My best friend's husband was falsely accused, arrested and had his life ruined by a disturbed relative making comments to someone. The process was like a railroad train - it wouldn't stop. Ultimately, it took 12 years to clear his name, and they lost over $500,000 in legal fees and lost income.

And his name was absolutely cleared - even received apologies. But there was no way to recoup what they lost, financially or emotionally. His career was ruined, his life was ruined. That poor innocent man is a shell of his former self. You just can't imagine how awful it was.

Please, please remember this before jumping to conclusions.

HI; Yes it is only an allegation and I agree his life is ruined no matter what the outcome. I wished I had never gone to the website though as sometimes no knowledge is a good thing. The court system is supposed to clear a persons name but it never does. In the minds of the public, Not Guilty does not mean Innocent. I worked in the courts for over 20 years, and the stigma always remains. As I said, I wish I hadn't looked. Doddie.

I agree about not jumping to conclusions. I am glad however that this is available to the public.

Hi Donna: No question, the restrictions should be posted when people are looking for a doctor. The rights of the public are paramount. However, I think the college should post with the restrictions that the allegations are as yet unproven. To just post the restrictions, leave a lot unsaid. Was there a hearing? or not? By posting there has been no hearing would allow the public to make an informed decision based on all the facts. Doddie.