Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

I want to contact Dr. Aceves to make an appt to see him. Can you give me his phone number/address

thanks,

Jess

I wanted to send a message on this thread that if you are a Southern California resident we are going to have a meet up this Sunday. I have just gathered locals from this site and Lapband2gether of people that want to meet each other that have had the Lap Band done or a couple of them are wanting to ask question because they are thinking of having it done. We are meeting this Sunday June 10th at Anaheim, Downtown Disney at the Rainforest Cafe at noon. If anyone is interested in joining us please send me a message at vikki4mymail@yahoo.com so that I can get a big enough table for all of us. It will be nice to share stories and get advice.

Hi,

I want to contact Dr. Aceves to make an appt to see him. Can you give me his phone number/address

thanks,

Jess

hello,

He is wonderful, as is all of his staff! the number is 1-800-344-3916

good luck!

You can also reach Dr. Aceves' through 1-760-646-1828. Nina gave me this number as a back up--it is through her I believe, but I also used to chat with Ruben, scheduling my stateside follow up care. The last # had for Yolanda was1- 619-962-8142.

Sonia may have more current info, but the # they have on my last email is the same as she provided only instead of 800, it is a 1-888 #.

I am glad you ask this, I usually just talk to them when they call or reply to their emails, I need to keep numbers handy too!!!!

The email I get comes from www.bandafterwls.com .

Let us know how it goes.

Kat

You can also reach Dr. Aceves' through 1-760-646-1828. Nina gave me this number as a back up--it is through her I believe, but I also used to chat with Ruben, scheduling my stateside follow up care. The last # had for Yolanda was1- 619-962-8142.

Sonia may have more current info, but the # they have on my last email is the same as she provided only instead of 800, it is a 1-888 #.

I am glad you ask this, I usually just talk to them when they call or reply to their emails, I need to keep numbers handy too!!!!

The email I get comes from www.bandafterwls.com .

Let us know how it goes.

Kat

Yep, you are right, i opened up Dr. A web site and it had the 800 # but now that i got paper work out it is the 888-344-3916. Sorry for the miss information.

Good luck!

I was banded last Thursday by Dr. Guillermo Alvarez in Piedras Negras, Mexico, just a mile from Eagle Pass, Texas and am back home up in northwestern Wisconsin after my husband driving me home. I was very happy with the doctor and his staff. He does a good job of making you feel special. I also made sure that I was set up with a fill doctor before I schedule this surgery. I was on a two week liquid diet before surgery and one week of liquids after and have lost 25 lbs. A wonderful jump start to the band. I would recommend Dr. Alvarez to anyone.

I was just banded in MX by Dr. Kuri on Monday, June 4 and was wondering if anyone knew of a good referral in the Seattle Washington area for fills and what the standard price is for the xray and fill visit. I have free lifetime fills with Dr. Kuri but don't think I can always afford to fly there to get them. If anyone could help me I would be greatful.

On day 4 of liquids and I have to say I'm running out of clear liquid ideas. Does any one have any good liquid ideas besides juice and Soup broth. I'm really not starving but everytime I see someone eating solids my mouth waters and it just isn't cutting it. I won't give in I know the consiquences if I do.

Thanks

I along with a friend are getting banded with Dr. Ariel Ortiz in Tiajuana, Mexico in July. I had the chance to get a consult with the nutrutionist, surgeon, and got a facility tour including the room I'll be staying in the night of my surgery. It's a great place and as well have had nothing but good things. Dr. Ortiz has a great medical record and has had so many satisfied patients and it's even hard considering anyone else. Google him, there is tons of info. on him including who and where he proctors.

Question for you.. .I am in the South Bay and looking at Dr. Ortiz as well. What have you decided about fills? Do you know of a doctor around that will do your fills locally?

Kat,

Its been a yr since you have had your surgery by Dr Aceves. How has it been going and have you had to contact his staff much and are they still getting back with you on a timely manner. I am very much considering having him do my LapBand surgery. Any information is greatly appreciated.

LisaR

Hi Lisa,

Dr. Aceves' staff helped me set up more local aftercare, but they do continue to be in contact. It is now by email, as opposed to the beginning it was by phone. I have spoke with their office by phone, when referring a couple of friends down to him. Actually I spoke with him, (and yes it was him, not a staff member) because one friend was going down to be banded by him, and another friend who had already been banded by Rumbaut (sp?), was going to accompany her and was wanting a fill while she was there. She was very happy with her original surgeon, but since she was going to be in Mexicali with the other friend she wanted to know if Aceves would fill her. We talked for well over a half an hour, about how I was doing, what my diet was like etc. Then he ask about the area I lived in...how my family felt about the surgery, all kinds of things. He said he would do my friends fill for just the cost of the hospital charges on fluoro, which she said was like $85.00. She said he gave her loads of info concerning her band that she didn't know. She was pleased with her experience, as was the friend who went down for Aceves to band.

What usually happens is I get a generic "how are you doing?" type of email, and then when I answer the questions and send it back, I get a personal email back from one of the group. They usually ask about my sister in law who went to be banded with me, because she never answers her email!!! But, they ask, so it shows me at least they have an idea of who they are talking to!

I have never had issues which required me to talk to them ASAP---so I can't be of much help in how they respond that way.

Welcome to LBT, I will be glad to help in any way I can answering questions. I will be out of town for several days begining early in the morning, my DH is having heart procedures done. But will respond as soon as I return.

Good Luck in your research!

Kat

I had a bad experiance with Dr. Alvarez and his staff. After being mistreaded by these folks, I switched to Dr. Ortiz. he has one of the best reputaions out there.

Hello,

Where in Mexico? I went to Dr. Alvarez. It was a very good experience. In my opinion - they went above and beyond in all areas of service and infection was not a concern at all. The only advice I'd give you is - bring your own pillow :) If you have any other questions let me know. I'm quite satisfied with Dr. Alvarez - and my scars are minimal.

PS: Any "posters" out there have instructions on adding my ticker? I created it - but can't figure out how to add it to my profile.:help:

Hello,

Where in Mexico? I went to Dr. Alvarez. It was a very good experience. In my opinion - they went above and beyond in all areas of service and infection was not a concern at all. The only advice I'd give you is - bring your own pillow :) If you have any other questions let me know. I'm quite satisfied with Dr. Alvarez - and my scars are minimal.

PS: Any "posters" out there have instructions on adding my ticker? I created it - but can't figure out how to add it to my profile.:help:

Right click on the bbCode, choose "Copy" & then come to this site & edit your signature, pasting the code in where you want it to appear.

I HAD MINE DONE IN MEXICO,JUST 20 MINS.FROM SAN DIEGO.MY DOCTOR'S NAME IS SALVADOR VALENCIA.I HAD IT DONE AT THE HOSPITAL ANGELES WITH ONLY FOUR INCISIONS.THE HOSPITAL IS SPIC AND SPAN.I HAD NO INFECTION WHATSOEVER.I WOULD DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN IN MEXICO.THIS DOCTOR SPEAKSPERFECT ENGLISH AND IS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE.HIS WEBSITE IS WWW.OBESITYFREE.COM.I PAID $8,500.00.I HAD NO REGRETS.GOOD LUCK.