Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss time

Wow 49 pounds in 8 weeks, when I read that I was thinking that is incredible. I'm still in the waiting phase having to do the 6 months of diet documentation, It sounds like your doing great to me that seems like a lot of weight in 8 weeks. Your doing wonderful!

The average weight loss range is 1/2 to 1 lb/day. You are in the upper range. That's fantastic.

I'm just a few days shy of 8 months post op DS and I've lost 173 lbs. But remember, I'm a guy and we lost weight MUCH faster than you ladies. Also, I had significantly more to lose than you I suspect. I weighed 412 at my heaviest, and I think 390 or so on surgery day. I think you are fine...but I wonder if you might be working as hard as you can at losing weight at this time. The reason I ask, and please don't be offended, is because I knew a woman I work with that developed a secret bad habit that greatly inhibited her weight loss at around 4 months post op. She started drinking semi melted vanilla ice cream. Sounds benign enough, but she admitted she did it 10 or more times daily! It was so refreshing and delicious that she fell into an old pattern so common to many of us obese folks and over indulged. It's human nature to feel deprived and want to enjoy what we used to. And so I'm just gently asking, is it possible the "old you" is rearing it's ugly head in some ways that is reducing your potential weight loss? If so, deal with it in a serious way and get things rolling again. Remember, I have no way of knowing what you are doing and certainly have no reason to want to accuse you of wrong doing. Just evaluate your eating patterns and be sure weight loss is still your primary goal. You have a window of approx 12- 18 months to lose your weight. After that it gets harder and weight regain becomes more possible. Take advantage of your restrictive stomach while it's still small! You'll be glad you did. Best of luck, and remember I'm on your side and am in no way accusing you of anything. But the fact that YOU are concerned about your weight loss progress makes me concerned about your weight loss progress. Capiche? ;)

Wow will2014!!! You are doing great. So happy for you. I am now 5 1/2 months post-op and down 98 pounds. I'm pretty proud of myself. I have not reverted to old habits except for lack of exercise. I avoid it like the plague which is something I know I need to change. I so want to drink diet coke but have not given into that urge. All in all I'm progressing nicely. Thanks for the feedback!!

Wowsa iammomof3!! That is truly spectacular weight loss...especially for a woman! Clearly you are exactly on course and doing great! I'm so glad you weren't offended by my taking a risk to query you on your eating habits. I just think we in the bariatric surgery community owe it to each other to tell the truth, at all times, because there's a lot of BS and spin out there. This is serious business, and folks like yourself are heroes and role models to potentially thousands of other people who are suffering like we were under the morbidly obese nightmare. Sooo happy for you lady!! :D

Tshine01 I'm just curious where you are at now. Has a date been set yet for your surgery? Are you still going strong with your pre surgery plan? Talk to us lady! I hope and pray all is well with you. Don't you dare lose your resolve during this long wait! My conspiracy theorist part of me can't help but wonder if insurance companies torture bariatric patients with this long wait hoping they'll give up the dream of normal weight. Don'tcha dare do it! :P