Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Excess skin - warning photos

Thank you so much for sharing your photos. That's the first time I've seen what the mystery of excess skin really looks like. As others have said, you are beautiful and I love your clothing choices. I'm also encouraged that the extra skin seems to sort of disappear into your clothes so that's hopeful for me. I'm still near the beginning of my journey so have a long way to go before I see a lot of excess skin, although I have noticed some looseness already.

I also like your before photo with the elephant, that must have been fun!

Thank you for your honesty and confidence. I am pre-op and didn't know what the phantom "extra skin" looked like. You are beautiful and your clothing choices are amazingly perfect! I think you may need to start handing out clothing tips and hints to the new post ops. Thank you for sharing the reality of post op. I can live with that especially if I can avoid another surgery ;)

You are truly amazing to share this. I have never thought about saggy skin. I guess I was so focused on getting healthy that I didn't consider it would happen to me. I am older and would not plan on surgery to fix it. I am 65 and I guess I will just have to deal with what happens. I am only one week out. I am reading about things I probably should have thought about before I did the surgery, but I didn't. I tried to prepare myself emotionally and read a lot, even joined a support group. I guess I will just wear clothes all the time. I am a widow so someone seeing me nude is not something I want, nor a relationship. Can I ask you a question? Do you hate your new body? It would be awful to do all this and still hate your body. Sometimes I wish I would have tried diets one more time, but I have always failed. I am beginning to see how difficult this WLS aftermath will be. I am stuck with it though. I hope I can have the attitude that you do. You are really amazing and courageous.

You are truly amazing to share this. I have never thought about saggy skin. I guess I was so focused on getting healthy that I didn't consider it would happen to me. I am older and would not plan on surgery to fix it. I am 65 and I guess I will just have to deal with what happens. I am only one week out. I am reading about things I probably should have thought about before I did the surgery, but I didn't. I tried to prepare myself emotionally and read a lot, even joined a support group. I guess I will just wear clothes all the time. I am a widow so someone seeing me nude is not something I want, nor a relationship. Can I ask you a question? Do you hate your new body? It would be awful to do all this and still hate your body. Sometimes I wish I would have tried diets one more time, but I have always failed. I am beginning to see how difficult this WLS aftermath will be. I am stuck with it though. I hope I can have the attitude that you do. You are really amazing and courageous.

Salem...if you find that you are hating your body after you lose the weight, think about discussing it with a professional. I am still working on body image issues. I've lost more than half my size and was only noticing the negatives and not the positives. I'm getting there but it is absolutely a process...and a process that some of us need therapy to help us manage. Oh...and I'm far from the only one with this problem. When you look in the mirror and don't recognize yourself, therapy is a good idea.

You are a beautiful person and very special to share this. The saggy skin is a small price to pay for being healthy, living a new life and look at your smile. You look amazing. Keep up the good work!

proud of you. keep up all the great work

Thanks for the candid photos. I too am from BC and was sleeved on July 1st. I am noting skin in my arms but still have a lot of weight to come off. I am really pleased to here from other BC weight loss surgery people.

Thanks for the photos. Like yourself, I can camoflauge my jiggly bits pretty well. I actually call my extra skin my " janet suit". The extra skin amuses me at times. It floats in the pool, and can be picked up and tucked in my pants. Hey it could be worse, right?

PS Doc says I qualify for a Tummy Tuck now, but I will wait another 6 months I think.

Edited by JanetPRN

Thanks for sharing, you look beautiful! Saggy skin that reminds you of where you came from. You have inspired me to take some skin photos now 60+ loss since February 2014. I have lots of sagging skin and much more to come when I lose another 200 lbs. Keep up the great job!!!

You look great

I am struck by how pretty you are. And you were before surgery, too. I actually like the pic with the elephant because it shows you out there living life. I echo the comments made here about your courage and candid sharing. And I echo the comments on how you look amazing.

You are young. And there is a chance that your skin will still shrink back. Personal decision, I know.

Congratulations on such wonderful success.

@@JanetPRN, you made me laugh! Along the lines of "Do you boobs hang low, do they wobble to and fro? Can you time them in a knot, can you tie them in a bow" kind of way. Hilarious!

You look fantastic!!! Great work!

I am loving my jiggly bits. They remind me of what I am losing and where I was.