Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. 8th & 9th Gastric Bypass surgery.

I am scheduled the 9th. On my third day of preop diet. (My husband is keeping busy.... Says he doesn't want to poke the bear! Guess I have been grouchy! Lol) Don't remember ever wanting time to pass this bad since waiting for my 20 yr old daughter to be born! Tick-tick-tock. Sigh....

Oh I know the feeling!

I told my husband that I can't wait to start on. liquids because that just means I'm that much closer.

Hey everyone I was so excited that I was ready to join your group of supporters. I saw 8th and 9th and was yeah. Then I realized it was Sept. I got my letter of approval and thought I would get dates and appt. times. I was told I'd get an email with instruction. Haven't got it yet. By the way everyone getting ready for Sept 8th is talking once the ball gets started it rolls kind of fast. So that being said, I'd still like to be a honorary Sept 8th & 9th supporter, and know how you all are doing. Good Luck and speedy recovery to all.

Hey everyone I was so excited that I was ready to join your group of supporters. I saw 8th and 9th and was yeah. Then I realized it was Sept. I got my letter of approval and thought I would get dates and appt. times. I was told I'd get an email with instruction. Haven't got it yet. By the way everyone getting ready for Sept 8th is talking once the ball gets started it rolls kind of fast. So that being said, I'd still like to be a honorary Sept 8th & 9th supporter, and know how you all are doing. Good Luck and speedy recovery to all.

Thank you..

Seems like as soon as you are finished meeting the requirements, that's when things really start moving at a fast pace.

Thank you Msspiceybaby, And we'll be making room for you on the losers bench :) :) :) :)

Hi AngelicHG7, How's It goin? I attempted to start packing my hospital bag today. I actually found some cute little pj's and slippers because I'm not a fan of hospital gowns.

Where did you get your cute pjs, Shauna?

Where did you get your cute pjs, Shauna?

I found them at Tj maxx on clearance, The tops were $2.00 and the bottoms were $3.00 and they are so comfy. I was going to order three gowns from Walmart for $35.00 but when I found those I was like "Oh nevermind"

Edited by Shauna29

Hey all.... Some of us figured it would be easier to buddy up so that we could follow each other through the process from here on out.

I'm scheduled for surgery on Sept 8th and I start my liquid diet on Sept. 1st. Everything happened so quickly after my last NUT appt. yesterday..... I am feeling a combo of nerves and excitement. I have to get labs done tomorrow morning, I see my surgeon on Thursday, and I have my pre-op next Tuesday.

My husband has taken a few days off work to be with me and I have started making a list of things I need before the big day.

......... I can't wait to be on the losers bench.

I found It...

http://maps.google.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=33.753833,-118.294173&zoom=14&markers=33.753833,-118.294173&size=400x300&sensor=trueGood luck!I'm scheduled for 9/3/14

Hi AngelicHG7, How's It goin? I attempted to start packing my hospital bag today. I actually found some cute little pj's and slippers because I'm not a fan of hospital gowns.

It's going well... Just one more day before the lovely liquid begins!!!!

I am not a fan of the gowns either.... I have been wanting to pack my hospital bag for a few days not but I'm trying not to jump the gun. I have my pre-op on Tuesday and should get scheduled with the hospital on Thursday or Friday.

I am going to a BBQ tomorrow.... I hope it's a perfect end to my old life.

What have you been up to?

So my back went out this weekend ????????????

This is the third time in the past few years Another reason this surgery is looking better and better

Had big plans this weekend but all had to change because of me....so ashamed and tired of being tired. Sep 8 can't come soon enough.

Talked with nurse this last week looks like you have to drink some kind of laxative before surgery...not thrilled about that.

Starting low carb tomorrow

I think the one thing I look forward to the most is not being ashamed to be in a picture with my kids. Also really impressing my husband again :)

What are you guys looking forward to

It's going well... Just one more day before the lovely liquid begins!!!!

I am not a fan of the gowns either.... I have been wanting to pack my hospital bag for a few days not but I'm trying not to jump the gun. I have my pre-op on Tuesday and should get scheduled with the hospital on Thursday or Friday.

I am going to a BBQ tomorrow.... I hope it's a perfect end to my old life.

What have you been up to?

I have to go the hospital Tuesday for my pre-admissission testing I have to sign all cosent forms, and they have to do more labs. I'm really not looking forward to that lol (labs).

On Wednesday I have to go to thr pre-surgical expectations class for six hours so everything Is coming together.

I've been really shaky these pass few days because I never thought this day would come and we have seven days and a wake-up left O.M.G!!! But I'm ready!!!!

Oh yea, and aunt Flow came to visit so I've been cramping like crazy. But Im so happy that she did hahaha because I don't have to worry about her trying to visit me the week of surgery that would be so bad.

Edited by Shauna29

So my back went out this weekend ?dc4e?dc4e?dc4e

This is the third time in the past few years Another reason this surgery is looking better and better

Had big plans this weekend but all had to change because of me....so ashamed and tired of being tired. Sep 8 can't come soon enough.

Talked with nurse this last week looks like you have to drink some kind of laxative before surgery...not thrilled about that.

Starting low carb tomorrow

I think the one thing I look forward to the most is not being ashamed to be in a picture with my kids. Also really impressing my husband again :)

What are you guys looking forward to

Hi Barbclay, I'm looking forward to running around outside with my kids without dern there passing out.

Shopping In the normal cheaper size clothes section and no longer plus size because the clothes are way to expensive.

Looking In the mirror and actually being happy about what I see, no longer have people looking and making fun of me.

Looking forward to not being In all of this pain (my back) I'm also looking forward to start just living a normal healthy life.

And coming up with a great workout regimen. To make sure I keep the weight off and stick to my plan.

So my back went out this weekend ddc4eddc4eddc4e This is the third time in the past few years Another reason this surgery is looking better and better Had big plans this weekend but all had to change because of me....so ashamed and tired of being tired. Sep 8 can't come soon enough. Talked with nurse this last week looks like you have to drink some kind of laxative before surgery...not thrilled about that. Starting low carb tomorrow I think the one thing I look forward to the most is not being ashamed to be in a picture with my kids. Also really impressing my husband again :) What are you guys looking forward to

Oh wow, sorry to hear about your back. I hope your family understands that you are at the end of the road with that old life and things will start changing for the better quickly.

I am mainly looking forward to getting off meds. A close second is just being comfortable in my own skin. Something as simple as sitting on the couch w/out feeling like I need to use a pillow to hide my midsection.

I have to go the hospital Tuesday for my pre-admissission testing I have to sign all cosent forms, and they have to do more labs. I'm really not looking forward to that lol (labs). On Wednesday I have to go to thr pre-surgical expectations class for six hours so everything Is coming together. I've been really shaky these pass few days because I never thought this day would come and we have seven days and a wake-up left O.M.G!!! But I'm ready!!!! Oh yea, and aunt Flow came to visit so I've been cramping like crazy. But Im so happy that she did hahaha because I don't have to worry about her trying to visit me the week of surgery that would be so bad.

They do pre-admin over the phone here and I don't have any pre-surgical classes. Crazy how different everyone's experience is.

When I start thinking about how surgery is just around the corner.... I get that excited nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach. Part if me thinks I would feel better if I just pack and get an idea of what I need to buy.

I have a feeling A.F. Is gonna be visiting me at the hospital. SUCKS!!!

They do pre-admin over the phone here and I don't have any pre-surgical classes. Crazy how different everyone's experience is.

When I start thinking about how surgery is just around the corner.... I get that excited nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach. Part if me thinks I would feel better if I just pack and get an idea of what I need to buy.

I have a feeling A.F. Is gonna be visiting me at the hospital. SUCKS!!!

Yea Angelic, That does suck!!! But mabey she won't come visit. And that why we have the Pre- surgery expectations class.

So that we will know what to expect after surgery know what foods to buy what we can and can't eat etc...

I packed 3 pajama sets panties and bras, Hand sanitizer, a Toothbrush and Toothpaste, slippers, my Tablet, chargers, my own Towels and wash clothes,and soap oh and chapstick,deodorent, And things for my hair an my body spray.