Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The lack of access to all the icons/smilies - which do reside on the right hand side of the page - is causing me grief. It is leaving me kind of emotionless or, in psychiatric terms, with a lack of affect! Ugh!:(

To be honest, the only thing about the girl that bugs me is her reflection. If you look carefully at the blue stripe to the right of her, there is a faint reflection of her. It drives me bonkers. I can't even look at her. (Yes, I'm the type of person that has to straighten pictures if they're even 1/4 inch off-level.) Otherwise, I'm very happy with the skin.

I still hate that I have lost access to a bunch of those icons!!!!

Which icons ?

Green - The icons don't show in quick reply, but if you "go advanced" - there they will be. Did they used to show in your quick reply mode, or did you maybe somehow default to advanced?

Well, when I go into advanced and I have LB at full screen size I still have the last two rows of icons at the right hand size chopped off. This has only been a problem since the advert section of LB has been shifted to the left hand side of the page. And yes, I scroll my bar over as far as it will go!:phanvan

They don't bother me, then again I'm running 1600x1200. I wonder if it's partially a matter of resolution for those it does bother?
My resolution is set to 1400 x 1050 and it's fine for me. What's everyone else running ?

To address the new spell-checker tool & scrolling situation, I've played a lot with my screen resolution.

1280 x 1024 is the highest screen resolution available for my 17" monitor, according to the Display Properties menu options (and it is unbearable to look at for long periods). In that mode & using full-screen, there is no width-scroll bar, I have 4 rows of emoticons available in the advance editor mode's Smilies menu, and can just barely see the spell-check icon to click on it (because I remember where it was, not because I can fully see the tool option). In 1024x768 (my usual resolution), there is a width-scroll bar, only 2 rows of Smiles in the side menu, and no spell-check icon or increase/decrease icon (I think that is what the last option was).

Based on my experimentation, I think screen resolution is very much a factor in the chopped Smilies menu and missing tool icons that many people are complaining about, and in having to scroll the width of the page. Whether the underlying cause is left-hand ads or not remains unclear since I can't control that. For the record, I had no problems at all in using the teal setup (old, old version). Most websites I surfed to in my testing function just fine with a 1024x768 resolution, but almost all require scrolling the width of the page with my motor at 800x600.

Perhaps (and I can only imagine the work required to accommodate this suggestion) designing/editing the skin could be done while using a smaller screen resolution? :nervous

To be honest, the only thing about the girl that bugs me is her reflection. If you look carefully at the blue stripe to the right of her, there is a faint reflection of her. It drives me bonkers. I can't even look at her. (Yes, I'm the type of person that has to straighten pictures if they're even 1/4 inch off-level.) Otherwise, I'm very happy with the skin.

Darn you!!!!!! I never noticed that and now it is gonna bug me. lol

I had no icon loss with the first two skin versions.

Have things improved a bit, Green? Alex? Or am I going crazy?

I went to make a post this AM & suddenly, I can see the spell-check, the big/small arrows, and the A/A buttons on the advanced editor tool bar, AND I can see all the smiles in the side-menu (which is now only 3 columns wide)! I also have no width-scroll bar, unless my window is particularly small (which is to be expected). My screen resolution is set to 1280 x 720 now; anything smaller & I still get the right side of the advanced editor/smilies menu cut off.

I'm beginning to doubt my sanity... It WAS just last night that I posted the results of my resolution experimentation, wasn't it? And I know things were still catawampus then... :biggrin1:

Now I have no scroll bar when LBT is full size but am still missing the last two rows of icons. Why don't you move the advert section to the right hand side? I am sure that this would solve a lot of the problems.

Now I have no scroll bar when LBT is full size but am still missing the last two rows of icons. Why don't you move the advert section to the right hand side? I am sure that this would solve a lot of the problems.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE move the advert back to the right!

I had no loss of icons and didn't have to scroll with the first two "new" skins, either. Now that this is "the one" it's mussed up for me. grrrrr.

And doggone you, Laurend! :D

Ok, we've been listening to all your issues with the new skin and we've decided that one skin can't make everyone happy. We've created six skins to address all issues that were brought up in this thread. You can change the skin you use by logging into the CP and click on "Edit Options," scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll see:

- - Left Sidebar with Girl

- - Left Sidebar with Girl 1024

- - Left Sidebar No Girl

- - Left Sidebar No Girl 1024

- - Right Sidebar with Girl

- - Right Sidebar with Girl 1024

- - Right Sidebar no Girl

- - Right Sidebar no Girl 1024

Well, now this is kinda bizarre. I did sucessfully shift the advert room to the right but still only have the first two columns of emoticons. Oh well and that's life.:cry I guess I will just have to become accustomed to dealing with a reduced array of emotions, eh.:) Life could be much, much worse. Thanx, Alex, for all your fine work on LBT.:clap2: