Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Central Florida Bandsters

Thanks for the info on Dr in Sebastian, it's a great help. Were you banded by him? If so, how much did it cost? I called and they wouldn't tell me unless I went to his seminar, and I've already attended two of Fuscos, just wondering if Dr Domkowski was less $$. He was actually referred to me by my gastric guy, Dr Domkowski left Omni and couldn't practice in Brevard, so he went to IR. That's what made me think he was less than Dr Fusco, setting up shop in a new place and all, thought he might be better priced. At the time I didn't inquire about the fills, I will call and inquire though now that you've spoken to him.

My husband doesn't like the idea of me going to Mexico and wants me to go local. As my insurance doesn't cover this, it doesn't matter who I go to.

Thanks again for the info, maybe I'll try and call again for a price......appreicate all your efforts..:wink: PBDove

Yea Dr. D did my band, he his a great doc. You should go to his seminar...I usually go as his after pt. I dont think he has another one until next month, but I could get the date if you need it. I to went to Fusco's and I am happy now that I waited until Dr. D started doing the procedure. As far as the cost. I was a special case and I'm not sure of all of his charges. Let me know if you want to go to his next seminar.. we could meet.....:mad2:

I called today, they apparently didn't know what to say the cost was as I believe they've not done just fills for someone who had the band done elsewhere. I told them I was referred to them......and of course they wanted to know your name, :mad2: She said they'd get back to me with the fill price and the lap band price. I told them I'd rather stay here, but with the price difference it's hard to justify. I told them you asked Dr D about the fill and that you were likely there in the last few days, so they will likely ask if he remembers who asked before giving me a price. It would sure be nice if he would do it for less than Fusco so I wouldn't feel inclined to leave the country.

Thanks again for your help.........PB

Hi, got your private message, but I really don't know how to use this site very well yet...:thumbup: I couldn't figure out how to respond to you from there.

I think they figured out who you were, they mentioned your place of employment and we guessed that was you. I'm actually working through some financial issues before making my final decision. I wanted to have this done in Jan, Dr D is scheduling for April as of now....:tt2: I have several options, but if the money can be worked out I'd prefer to stay here. He did say he'd do the fills, whether I have the surgery with him or not, which is a big help. thanks again, if I go with him I'll let you know, hope you're working on commission! LOL PB

Thanks for the info on Dr in Sebastian, it's a great help. Were you banded by him? If so, how much did it cost? I called and they wouldn't tell me unless I went to his seminar, and I've already attended two of Fuscos, just wondering if Dr Domkowski was less $$. He was actually referred to me by my gastric guy, Dr Domkowski left Omni and couldn't practice in Brevard, so he went to IR. That's what made me think he was less than Dr Fusco, setting up shop in a new place and all, thought he might be better priced. At the time I didn't inquire about the fills, I will call and inquire though now that you've spoken to him.

My husband doesn't like the idea of me going to Mexico and wants me to go local. As my insurance doesn't cover this, it doesn't matter who I go to.

Thanks again for the info, maybe I'll try and call again for a price......appreicate all your efforts..:tt2: PBDove

Do you know why he cant practice in Brevard?

Hi, got your private message, but I really don't know how to use this site very well yet...:thumbup: I couldn't figure out how to respond to you from there.

I think they figured out who you were, they mentioned your place of employment and we guessed that was you. I'm actually working through some financial issues before making my final decision. I wanted to have this done in Jan, Dr D is scheduling for April as of now....:tt2: I have several options, but if the money can be worked out I'd prefer to stay here. He did say he'd do the fills, whether I have the surgery with him or not, which is a big help. thanks again, if I go with him I'll let you know, hope you're working on commission! LOL PB

I hope everything can get worked out for you... If I can help you with any info or questions that need to be answered. Please fire when ready.

It's an issue between the group he worked with and one of the largest insurers in Brevard. I had to leave my GI DR because of it. Nothing to do with him, I have friends that are nurses and they rave about him personally. I'm hoping the practice folds and my GI Doc goes elsewhere and I can return. Again, nothing to do with him, he is excellent by all accounts, his contract with the group said he couldn't practice in Brevard county, so he went to IR....:tt2: PB

I see. I to was banded by Dr. Domkowski and thought he was just wonderful! I happened to call the office one day and they just said he had left and no one has ever said why. I kinda felt abandoned but I like the doc who is still there and doing my fills. Dr D was a great surgeon though.

How do you PM, I'd like to ask a few questions, but don't want to do it so publicly. I'm hoping to book this week, but figured before I did, I'd like to talk with you...thanks, PB

How do you PM, I'd like to ask a few questions, but don't want to do it so publicly. I'm hoping to book this week, but figured before I did, I'd like to talk with you...thanks, PB

The easist way is to click on the name of the person you want to PM (when you are in the thread) then a box will pop up and you can send a message to someone. Or you can just replay from a previous PM to the same person.

Hope this helps and Good Luck with everything. Let me know if I can answer any questions...

Dr. Domkowski still has privileges at the Palm Bay Hospital so he is still practicing in Brevard County.

Hey I am new to this site and am not sure if I am private messaging you or not. I was intrested in the procedure and was wondering what doctor you went to? I too live in Melbourne, FL. Any information would be a great help. And congradulations on the new way of life.

Hi Tiffany,

I haven't been on this in many mths, but I went to Dr Ortiz in MX for t he surgery, and Dr Domkowski for fills, he's just south of the Brevard/IR county line, he's great too.

Hope that helps, oh his number is 772-581-8003. :cool2:

Hi I am Cristina and I am getting the band on november 19th 2009 I am in tampa is anyone else out there in tampa?

I am in Brevard county but I am looking for someone to go with to Mexico to have the procedure since I have to pay for it myself. If there's anyone seriously considering going out of state for the procedure and needs someone to go with. call me 321-537-3419

Tiffany

Hi Brenda Kay,

I live in the Lakeland area also, actually Imperialakes and will be banded soon. I've had the seminars, the surgeon's appt, and the psychologist's appt. Now waiting for my PCP appt to get okayed for surgery. Would love to stay in contact for help and support. How are you doing?

Lora:smile: