Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who is having surgery in September?

I just had surgery on sept.10 in fort smith ar

How are you feeling?! ????

Hi! I got my insurance approval today! 9/22. Insurance has approved, date is set, all pre-op appointments are complete, on day 5 of my pre-op diet! We are almost there! What a long journey...

I just got my date!!!!!!!! September 22!!!!! I was going to have to wait until October, but as I was leaving they had a cancellation-- it just goes to show that things happen when they are supposed to, and not before. I have been waiting for a year for this to happen! Yay!

Hi Snowblue! We have the same date. Have you started your pre-op diet yet?

I'm having my surgery September 24. I'm mentally trying to get through this liquid diet. I have gotten this far so I have to continue to be strong. I'm really excited. I haven't seen myself thin in over 25 years.

Yes Jolisue, I started last Monday (even though I didn't have a date yet), just putting it out there in the Universe that I would get the Sept 22 day I hoped for :) Looks like it worked!!!!!!! I was doing really well until yesterday when I passed an Arby's... I fell off the wagon after I realized I might never be able to have it again... so I decided to just go on the all-liquid diet today rather than risk failing again (deciding to have "something else" for dinner rather than a lean cuisine). How are you doing with it? Any problems? I hope it has been smooth sailing for you! :)

RN-Y

I went into my two week pre-op weighing 311.4 and lost down to 297.8 by the day of surgery. I was very excited for my new journey, but never expected to feel as bad as I did post-op.

Sept 8th 2014 was the day!

I felt terrible once awake. Horrible nausea that nothing would get rid of, vomiting, chest pain, and dizziness...

I hope you all have a better time with this. My chest hurt so bad they called in the cardiologists to run tests! I ended up with round the clock labs being drawn, anti-nausea meds and pain meds being given like clockwork! Nothing seemed to help the chest pain, shortness of breath, nausea/vomiting, stomach spasms, gas etc! I couldn't urinate, couldn't pass gas, nor would my bowels move. I spent 48hrs in tears due to the overwhelming pain. I couldn't even keep down my ice chips on day two! By the 3rd day I started to feel a little better. The first 2 were the worst! The gas that they fill your abdominal cavity up with was a ruthless butch! The gas can't escape, so it just sits there and causes horrible, unimaginable pain. They finally gave me some morphine and Ativan to knock me out, and it was oh so sweet relief too! I was finally able to fall asleep, and ignore the pain even if it was only for a minute or two. On the third day the dizziness was very present, but everything else was clearing up. I actually felt like getting up, showering, and walking the halls by day 3. I wasn't sure how'd I'd feel once they removed the pain pump from my abdomen, but I found out by the end of day 3. Once they removed nearly 12 inches of pump cord from inside my chest cavity I began to feel the numbing sensation wear off. It became all too real that someone took a blade and sliced me 7 times with it. Not just scratching the surface but rearranging my internal organs. By discharge time on day 3 I finally was able to pass gas! I was so bloated, and fluid-logged due to the non-stop IV fluids, medications, antibiotics, etc! I walked out of the hospital weighing 305; I went in at 297.8! I didn't have a bowel movement until day 4, with the aid of a little laxative. I didn't want to risk C.Diff.! Today is day 5 post-op and I've finally gotten the hospital Water weight off! This morning I hit 296.0 on the scale! I'm still very sore, but I couldn't be happier about my new life that is now within reach!

My surgery is September 15. Little Rock, AR.

Started a 276, currently at 248.

I'm excited and very nervous. I'm not hungry, but want to eat every thing I see.

I haven't stuck to my all liquids, so I hope everything passes by Monday! :(

Can someone tell me how to add my picture?.

Thanks

Deeva1: I had to go to the computer Bariatric Pal site to change my settings. Once you open the page, go to your settings -top right, then edit your profile. You should see a bunch of stuff you can do to your account!

I hope this helps!

I'm having surgery tomorrow September 15 . At Middletown NY.

I'm tomorrow too in Hickory, NC!!

So ready! First day of the rest of my life ❤️

I'm tomorrow too in Hickory, NC!!

So ready! First day of the rest of my life ❤️

Good luck and keep us posted!

Yes Jolisue, I started last Monday (even though I didn't have a date yet), just putting it out there in the Universe that I would get the Sept 22 day I hoped for :) Looks like it worked!!!!!!! I was doing really well until yesterday when I passed an Arby's... I fell off the wagon after I realized I might never be able to have it again... so I decided to just go on the all-liquid diet today rather than risk failing again (deciding to have "something else" for dinner rather than a lean cuisine). How are you doing with it? Any problems? I hope it has been smooth sailing for you! :)

Hi Snowblue,

I'm doing ok on the diet. It is very hard. I ended making a Soup with the allowable veggies and broth, and it tastes super great when I mostly eating shakes and bars. I'm so excited for surgery, but I really haven't been scared. Now I'm worried I'll freak out right before surgery since it seems I'm not dealing with fear yet.