Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Selfies

That's awesome results. I am 5 and had surgery march 31 and was 210 and now 155. Am stuck on this for sometime and I am curious to know how long will it take for me to get to 130-120. Now I feel I have to work harder for it to come off. I would love to reach my goal by December but I don't know if I am being realistic. Any advice from your success would be much appreciate it.

Well I was super motivated to lose, I made myself get up off the couch for every commercial and excercise during it whether I went up and down the stairs, ran in place, did sit ups or leg lifts or squats I just made myself keep active on top of working out every day. I also did the wii fit which I found to be a lot of fun.. I honestly didnt start to excercise until I stopped losing weight lol I hope that helps! Oh I also didn't do ANY carbs..

I'm not a big selfie person (I much prefer pictures of me with other people). But I will say that now that "Let me take a selfie" song is stuck in my head. THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, SANDY!!!

:)

Lipsticklady, did you write these, they are wonderful!

Lessons my Sleevilla has taught me:

1) Eat the best bite first or you may not get to it.

2) Never trust a fart.

3) My eyes are bigger than my stomach. Literally.

4) Wear pretty underwear at all times because its highly likely your pants will fall down at some point. In public. Somewhere like kickboxing class.

5) Let the family eat under seasoned food, because tasting while cooking means no dinner for my tiny tummy!

First one was taken day before surgery

post-190135-0-04064000-1408395660_thumb.jpg

post-190135-0-93147400-1408395679_thumb.jpg

Next ones are from last week

post-190135-0-64777500-1408395746_thumb.jpg

post-190135-0-00648400-1408395786_thumb.jpg

My surgery was March 13, 2013... I lost 126 lbs.

Well I was super motivated to lose, I made myself get up off the couch for every commercial and excercise during it whether I went up and down the stairs, ran in place, did sit ups or leg lifts or squats I just made myself keep active on top of working out every day. I also did the wii fit which I found to be a lot of fun.. I honestly didnt start to excercise until I stopped losing weight lol I hope that helps! Oh I also didn't do ANY carbs..

This definitely helps. I am not eating any carbs (no bread, no Pasta, no rice, no Cookies, no cakes, no milk and eat some fruits and veggies). I walk a lot since I don't have a car and in NYC we have no choice. I have been working out 3 times a week but it's not as rigorous as it was before surgery. I have also started to lift weights. My diet is clean but now I see my results are slowing down. But it's bound to happen and I am not freaking out but interested to know how people get to their goals. Your success story is inspirational and helpful to understand what I need to do at my end to reach my goal. Thank you! Btw I also just started to work out like a month ago lol...

First one was taken day before surgery Next ones are from last week My surgery was March 13, 2013... I lost 126 lbs.

Wow you look amazing! Good job. I want a body like that!

This definitely helps. I am not eating any carbs (no bread, no Pasta, no rice, no Cookies, no cakes, no milk and eat some fruits and veggies). I walk a lot since I don't have a car and in NYC we have no choice. I have been working out 3 times a week but it's not as rigorous as it was before surgery. I have also started to lift weights. My diet is clean but now I see my results are slowing down. But it's bound to happen and I am not freaking out but interested to know how people get to their goals. Your success story is inspirational and helpful to understand what I need to do at my end to reach my goal. Thank you! Btw I also just started to work out like a month ago lol...

I was on a no carb diet only meat and lion starchy veggies, Water and low carb Protein shakes made with Water until I reached goal. This was per surgeon and dieticians orders along with weight training and cardio. I did weight training every other day 5 days a week and cardio daily 5 days a week with weekends off. Once I reached goal at 9 months I slowly introduced fruits, starchy veggies and whole grain carbs like whole grain brown rice and whole grain Pasta. I am 1 year 5 months out and I still have not had bread at all and I do not plan on ever eating any! My personal choice not my dr.s. I made sure I didn't stray from my diet and make sure that I stay on my plan daily. It's not a diet for me it's a new clean way of eating! I figure as little as I eat I need to make sure I eat the best of the best and not junk!! That is how I personally got to goal and how I got my body in the best shape! I also just had plastic surgery 8 weeks ago to get rid of extra skin I had on my arms and stomach and to fix my deflated breasts!! And I don't regret it one bit!!!

Wow you look amazing! Good job. I want a body like that!

@@RNBSN786 thank you soo much!! It was hard work but following my surgeons rules and working hard at the gym really paid off!!! I have all the faith that anyone can be just as successful ; )

I was on a no carb diet only meat and lion starchy veggies, Water and low carb Protein shakes made with Water until I reached goal. This was per surgeon and dieticians orders along with weight training and cardio. I did weight training every other day 5 days a week and cardio daily 5 days a week with weekends off. Once I reached goal at 9 months I slowly introduced fruits, starchy veggies and whole grain carbs like whole grain brown rice and whole grain Pasta. I am 1 year 5 months out and I still have not had bread at all and I do not plan on ever eating any! My personal choice not my dr.s. I made sure I didn't stray from my diet and make sure that I stay on my plan daily. It's not a diet for me it's a new clean way of eating! I figure as little as I eat I need to make sure I eat the best of the best and not junk!! That is how I personally got to goal and how I got my body in the best shape! I also just had plastic surgery 8 weeks ago to get rid of extra skin I had on my arms and stomach and to fix my deflated breasts!! And I don't regret it one bit!!!

You regiment also helps a lot. I have tried small pieces of bread a few times but it doesn't feel good so I don't care to eat it again. For veggies I just started to eat spinach and onions, garlic and mushrooms. Btw what is lion starchy veggies? Is it low starch veggies? I like your work out regiment too. I really want to lost another 20-30 pounds by December and I am hoping that happens. Right now I am on a 1000 calories only Proteins and yogurt and cheese and Protein Shakes. I eat 90% of my food at home which makes a huge difference.

How many calories are you eating a day? I def am going to try to hit the gym 5 times a week. It's hard at time due to my energy levels but I feel walking is not enough either. Also I have weights and a balance ball for my abs which helps a lot. I just need to be patient that's my issue.

You guys are really inspirational and you all should be very proud of yourself :)

That was a typo!!! I meant non- starchy veggies!!! I am very petite and I also take 200mg of Topamax daily for Migraines ( which makes me not hungry) so I'm lucky to get in 950-1000 calories a day! I struggle!!! I feel like i am literally eating all day! I can only eat about 5oz. At a time so I have to eat about every 3 hours and make sure i eat high Protein at each meal or I will never get my daily nutritional requirements.

Lipsticklady, did you write these, they are wonderful!

Lessons my Sleevilla has taught me:

1) Eat the best bite first or you may not get to it.

2) Never trust a fart.

3) My eyes are bigger than my stomach. Literally.

4) Wear pretty underwear at all times because its highly likely your pants will fall down at some point. In public. Somewhere like kickboxing class.

5) Let the family eat under seasoned food, because tasting while cooking means no dinner for my tiny tummy!

Yup. :D

I get so MAD when I have to taste and when dinner is done I know I shouldn't EAT, because I'm no longer hungry. Gggggrrrrrrr

Edited by HotButterFly

WOW!!!!…FANTASTIK!!!!!..@@LipstickLady!!!!!

3 months :)

@@JamieGirl

great pics :)

nice to see monthly transformation pics (I never did that :angry: )

50 lbs down!!!

keep up the great job :)

kathy

congrats

Thank you :) it's so exciting and reassuring to see the changes