Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 06 Bandsters - May Chat!

Myra - I'm so sorry to hear about this slip... I hope that everything works out and you can keep your band. Great idea on the family meal thing. Best of luck and please keep us posted.

Well guys.. I'm down to 200.8 lbs today. I wanted to be at 199 by my one year Bandaversary on Saturday.. wish me luck! Gotta get that Water in and watch those calories.

I'll add a ticker for the 4th of July Challenge after Saturday.

Have a great week Maysters!

Congrats Kim!!!

I have been stuck at 205ish for 3 months and probably will be until I can excercise again. I am having my knee surgery on Wednesday so hopefully I will be back in action by July!

I am almost a little reluctant to join a challenge because I haven’t been doing well with them but here goes. I am setting my goal for 165, which is actually my new goal weight or wherever gets me to a size 10. I’ve been having a hard time getting good restriction so I am getting another fill today. I think this will take me to 3.25 cc. I’ve posted some pictures as well to document the changes I’ve made in the past year. These pictures are from May 2006 and from May 2007 at my son's b-day party.

post-208799-13813135016997_thumb.jpg

post-208799-13813135017186_thumb.jpg

post-208799-13813135017333_thumb.jpg

post-208799-13813135017455_thumb.jpg

Hey Maysters!

Drews - Thanks! Good luck on your surgery today!:gluck: Keep us posted sister. Here's to a speedy recovery! :)

Alicia - You are beautiful! Great pics. It is amazing how different you look! You go girl! How is your fill treating you so far? Best of luck!:grouphug:

DL Let us know how the surgery went when you are up to it.

Everybody's pics look fabuloso!!!!!!!!

I have had a "summer" cold and been under the weather and haven't posted.

But I see my surgeon this Friday and I guess we will decide then what to do with this "new" slip.

I personally am TIRED of going to the doctor and just want to rest for a few months.

Not losing but hey not gaining. Bonus!!!

How is everybody else doing?

Enjoying the holiday weekend I hope.

Myra

Hello Everyone! This Memorial Day weekend has been very memorable. My oldest DD delivered the twins on Saturday. They were 6 weeks early. Hudson was 5lb 7 oz and Sawyer was 4 lbs. 13 oz. Both have had breathing problems with Sawyer getting the worse of it. As of today, Hudson is off any breathing help, no lines attached and eating normally. Sawyer is on a resperator, still in NICU but accepting food and keeping it down. They have a line into his belly button to give additional calories because he is working so hard to breath. When they put him on the resperator this morning, they upped his oxygen and that seemed to help him breath much easier and he isn't working so hard and has calmed down a lot. He doesn't like to be touched and because he's in NICU, my DD isn't allowed to pick him up. It's so hard for her.

I've found that being 2000 miles away and not being able to be there for them has been rough on me. I've been throwing myself into yard work and tomorrow it will be housework, to get ready to fly to Atlanta on June 7th. I have this week off..... my scheduled 7 days off.....but have to work nights this weekend before I can fly off. To keep my mind off of the babies, I've worked myself into the ground, but my yard is looking down right spiffy! The weather is starting to turn, so I will concentrate on the inside.

And on the bright side, I'm down to 190.... a loss of 5 lbs this month! Though it's not a way I would recommend to everyone.

Myra -- I know how you feel. I decided to give myself a break. No one ever said that this was a race and I feel good. So if I don't lose another pound in the next few weeks, so what?! And it seems like when I don't "work" at it, I do better. I just concentrate on eating good food choices, give myself a treat every now and then, life is good! So don't beat yourself up about it.

Drews -- how did the surgery go? Hope you are feeling better.

The pictures look faaaabulous! Everyone looks soooo good!

Hope your long weekend was great.

Marci CONGRATULATIONS on being a grandma. Are these your first grandbabies?

I loooooooovvvvvveeeeee those names. How did they come about choosing them?

Fingers crossed for ya that everything goes well.

Myra

Well I'm a checkin in and a reporting.;)

Today I walked 45 minutes around my neighborhood at a fairly fast pace. I couldn't hardly walk 4 blocks a year ago. So I haven't had the fastest weightloss but what I have lost has really impacted what I am able to do now.

Looking forward to losing more.

How is everyone?????????????????

Myra

Hey Maysters! I'm checking in as well... hovering around 199, but I'm on my T.O.M. so who knows how much Fluid I'm retaining. I need to take some one year photos, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I am still exercising 3 days a week for a total of 6 hours and I've also been walking 2 miles a day on my "off exercise" days. We got my parents pool open last week so I should be swimming laps in a couple of days. I'm feeling good and can't believe it has been a year since my surgery! I feel sooo much better and look so much better. Last week I had two people that I have known for years(and have seen at least a couple of times a year) not recognize me! Wow, that is wierd! Thanks to all you Maysters for all of the support and encouragement over the year. Here's to a successful year # 2! Go Maysters!

Duckie - Congrats on the grandbabies! So your daughter lives in Atlanta? You'll only be about an hour and a half from me! Be prepared its already hot here in the south and D_R_Y_! We need rain! I hope you have an awesome visit while you are here. Don't spoil those babies too much!

Myra - Congrats on being able to walk so much! Wow, how far you have come! You go girl!

Drews - Where are ya sister? How was the surgery? Hope all is well!!

Keep up the great work Maysters! We can all be at goal this year!

I'm here... just been lurking for the most part lately.

Surgery went well. The knee doesn't hurt much, mostly just stiff.

I gained about 8 pounds in the past few weeks. Not being able to excercise is killing me. I also discovered that percocet makes me have the munchies REALLY bad. I am getting back to better habits and hope to see onderland SOMEDAY.

That's all folks!

Glad to hear the surgery went well Amy!

Congrats on the grandbabies Marci!

Myra, that is awesome about your walk!

Kim, you have come so far this year and you are a workout machine!

Nothing new here with me...just trying to get back to my lowest weight again that I hit a few months ago (168). I started the Transfirmer video series so hopefully that will help me slim down some. We are about to start trying for our second baby as well.

Went to the surgeon Friday and we are just going to let things stay the same for now.

I will go back in a couple of months and then we might start putting some Fluid back into my band.

I promised him I wouldn't gain any weight before then.

So I am really going to have to watch what I eat. But that's okay because I can at least take my medicine and not worry about it getting stuck.

Alicia hoping things go quickly for ya.

DL Glad to hear the knee is doing better. Hope you can get on those skates pretty soon.

Hope the other 2006 Maysters are doing well.

Myra