Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I'm one week out from surgery. Had a pain in my lower left side for two days, was hoping I'd pulled a muscle gardening. Went ahead to went to my regular doctor and I have a UTI. Doc also ordered a cat scan and found that I have mesenteric inflammation of the abdominal wall.

I no longer know if I'm going to be able to have surgery next Monday. Doc put me on Levequin for 7 days and faxed my CT results to my surgeon. I've left two messages at the surgeon's office today, but no call back yet.

I can even explain how I feel right now... hopeless?

I know how you must feel, but don't despair!

If you can't have surgery when next week, it will only postpone it, not cancel it. You really want to be in the best health possible when you have your surgery.

If you can't have surgery when next week, it will only postpone it, not cancel it. You really want to be in the best health possible when you have your surgery.

Yea, I know, but after being on this freakin' liquid diet for over a week, I'd really hate to have to start over....

I completely agree you should definately be i good health before having this surgery. It is minimally invasive but surgery is surgery and your body needs all its streghnth to heal that instead of having double the work of something else.

A little off topic here but i was supposed to have my surgery done in dec 06 but had it march 07 b/c my family doctor wouldn't approve it. Luckily my surgeon went ahead and did it (after speaking to my doctor and finding out the only reason she said no was b/c she didn't believe in the lap-band).

So, I'm one week out from surgery. Had a pain in my lower left side for two days, was hoping I'd pulled a muscle gardening. Went ahead to went to my regular doctor and I have a UTI. Doc also ordered a cat scan and found that I have mesenteric inflammation of the abdominal wall.

I no longer know if I'm going to be able to have surgery next Monday. Doc put me on Levequin for 7 days and faxed my CT results to my surgeon. I've left two messages at the surgeon's office today, but no call back yet.

I can even explain how I feel right now... hopeless?

Everything happens for a reason. I know so close and to have this must be incredibly discouraging. Wait and see what happens. Surgeon may not have had time to read the results of the scans and speak to your doctor.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.