Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

got sleeve done 8/4/14..really stressing over this protein...ahhhhh

Just got sleeve 9/8/14 (after band removed 3/14). I suggest New Whey Protein Shots. They are 42 G Protein in less than 4 oz. Isopure has that much in like 16-20 ounces. I mix it with a little bit of Powerade zero to cut the slightly goopy texture and intense flavor or a little minute maid 15 cal/ 8 oz lemonade. Slight tartness cuts the flavor. Water it down with an ice cube. The stuff comes in grape and fruit punch and maybe other flavors. I got it on sale at grocery for around $3.50 a tube which sounds like a lot but it is packed concentrate protein and not too gross to take. I take 2- 2 1/2 a day in addition to my 3 allotted micro meals. This way I can drink more of what I prefer instead of these icky Protein Drinks all day.

Just got sleeve 9/8/14 (after band removed 3/14). I suggest New whey Protein shots. They are 42 G Protein in less than 4 oz. Isopure has that much in like 16-20 ounces.

I'm not sure what the point of 42 grams of protein at one time would be. Your body can't possibly absorb that much, so a lot of it would be wasted and you'd still end up having to get a lot of other protein throughout the day in order to actually get enough protein.

Just got sleeve 9/8/14 (after band removed 3/14). I suggest New Whey Protein Shots. They are 42 G Protein in less than 4 oz. Isopure has that much in like 16-20 ounces. I mix it with a little bit of Powerade zero to cut the slightly goopy texture and intense flavor or a little minute maid 15 cal/ 8 oz lemonade. Slight tartness cuts the flavor. Water it down with an ice cube. The stuff comes in grape and fruit punch and maybe other flavors. I got it on sale at grocery for around $3.50 a tube which sounds like a lot but it is packed concentrate protein and not too gross to take. I take 2- 2 1/2 a day in addition to my 3 allotted micro meals. This way I can drink more of what I prefer instead of these icky protein drinks all day.

Check the label, most of those shots are heavy in low quality collagen protein (made from animal skin) . I was told not to bother with anything but whey isolate. I was tempted too, but they are not lacto/vegetarian, which I am.

Hi,

I was sleeved Sept 10, 2014. One thing I have found to help with trying to get in enough Protein, is the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury brand carries a chicken flavored Protein Powder, ad a unflavored Protein Powder. the other cool thing is that you can order them in canisters or in packets (so you can toss them in your purse or lunch bag). I mix the unflavored into V-8 juice, XXX Zero Water, regular real fruit juice, iced Decaf coffee. It has been a life saver for me. I like the premade Premier brand, but they are too thick for me. I usually add some skim milk to mine. If I want to change the vanilla flavor, I add frozen fruit juice, and to the chocolate, I add a couple of Tbsp. of creamy peanut and shake it up. It helps.

My new problem is that I can start to add in mushy meat like tuna fish & canned chicken. When I add mayo to either, then want to make a sandwich! Does anyone have any other ideas of what to mix with with canned tuna or canned chicken?

Oops,

I forgot to add that unjury also carries a cheese sauce, it is seasonal and they start to sell it in October. I'm going to give it a try, just to be able to have cheese sauce on Pasta & broccoli (when the time comes :0)

There are a whole bunch of recipes to make Protein shakes taste way better. Look in the food section under Protein Shakes. There is also a list of which kind of Protein powders or Ready to Drink protein that people really like.

Adding something like some flavored Greek yogurt or the sugar free syrups and a little bit of fruit can make a world of difference in the taste. Blending them with ice makes them more like a frosty.

Hey Apurnell....

My docs told me to not be so concerned with the Protein the first few weeks just to do phase 1 of Clear Liquids, etc....In fact I didn't even get started on Vitamins until after the first doc visit 3 months after then we discussed the protein intake.....If you're not getting enough protein they will let you know when they do blood draws and then modify what needs to be done....I did the same thing...Worried the next day about getting all the little cups of that nasty Isopure in or a protein drink....Good luck, all I could do was sleep and do my walking around to prevent blood clots in my legs....

It does get better so hang in there.....

kim

I was sleeved 9/15 and have been struggling with both fluids and Protein. I've started the Isopure zero carb drinks from GNC. Not bad flavor, more like gatorade. 160 calories and 42 g of protein in 20 oz. Fluids and protein. BONUS!! Keeps me from having to get IV fluids.