Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does excercise help with excess skin?

I like to think of it like a balloon. If I take a never blown up balloon and blow it up then let all the air out of it it'll never be that once really tight balloon. It'll shrink but it won't be tight like it was in the beginning.

"Angie"

Like "KarenMartin" said.....the balloon reference....that's probably the best I've heard / read it. Great analogy! So my own personal goal has been to replace the air (fat cells) in the balloon with rocks (muscle), but I'll be honest and say it's probably more like semi-soft clay than rocks. :P I've been working core off and on for almost three years since my sleeve....mostly on with the exception of a few months back in the winter and early spring while nursing a slight back injury. It's slow progress and pretty hard work in the gym, but with deadlifts, power cleans, planks, captain's chairs and weighted crunches, I've managed to build up SOME muscle to fill in that balloon, though very slowly. At least enough to keep my skin fairly tight (see mildly inappropriate picture attached). But it does help demonstrate what I'm trying to explain, especially with my obliques...still working on the abs part. I did notice that when I took a few months off from my core work, my tummy got a little soft. Not flabby or loose, but the step right before flabby or loose. I know I could have a smaller waist if I didn't keep muscle around my core and mid-section, but it would come at the expense of some less tight skin or even some flab. So I'll keep my 34"-35" waist size the way it is, than drop to maybe a 32" by losing some muscle and getting softer in the mid-section. But it's all about one's goals, preference or what is the most important to the individual.

Obliques trying to show back up since starting back on deadlifts the past 2 months

@aroundhky... Nice mildly inappropriate pic! Lol! I think it all depends on your genetics, how much you tone and weight train while loosing and how much you have to loose in certain areas! For example, my stomach wasn't huge before my RNY but my arms were, therefore when I lost my weight no matter how much weight training I did my stomach looked pretty good with minimal skin where as my arms had horrible bat wings, no matter how much I worked them out!! Also, I have really dry skin... Maybe that played a part, I'm not sure! You will never know how your body will react to weight loss until it happens.

One of my friend also faced a problem with excessive skin actually it will happen after the surgery. Then he consult the professionals who are in the field of exercise and fitness guru's. Then he do regularly exercise for particularly loss of excessive skin. Now, He is somewhat better than previous.

Buy Retin A