Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am very offended by the B**love post

We used to have no abortion and now we do.
Abortion used to be against the law!!

We used to have no abortion, abortion used to be against the law? That's really flawed. MANY things, including abortion, used to be against the law. This doesn't mean we didn't have them.

BTW, the first recorded abortion (~2600 BC) was around way before the first recorded law (~2350 BC).

So yeah, I guess we used to have no abortion, more than what, 4600 years ago? But law has nothing to do with it.

Don't tell me you'd also blame liberals for abortions 4600 years ago?

Wheetsin, as usual, beat me to it. 396, how does "abortion used to be against the law" equate to "we used to have no abortion"? They are very much NOT the same thing.

I've been gone and now I'm back only to discover that a thread on "boylove?" has progressed to a debate about religion and now abortion. Shocking.

To read someone declare that... before there was no abortion and now there's abortion, makes me want to cry. How can people say such flippant things about something that is so important?

I know there are many cases where I have misunderstood something a person has posted. So I get how this whole thread has managed to burn a person or two and has caused unfounded attacks. Mark has tried to get some of you to understand why he started this thread. In the beginning some people seemed to get it. The discussion ensued and it looked like something good was going to come of the thread.

Now people have decided Mark is an insensitive guy and there used to be no abortions. Come on people. Try to not get so personal and try to think logically and you're going to learn and have fun posting.

BTW, I appreciate Bubble's heartfelt post. It gives us all some insight into why some people do not want prayer allowed in public schools. My husband went to Catholic schools. His stories are not as gruesome. He's quite a bit younger than Bubble's father. But he has some that would curl your hair and that bother him to this day.

If you went to parocial school, or any Christian or religious school and you didn't have prejudice crammed down your throat in one way or other, you're the lucky ones.

If you have been around a while and have never encountered a female who has had to deal with an unwanted pregnancy, you're the lucky one.

Wheetsin, as usual, beat me to it. 396, how does "abortion used to be against the law" equate to "we used to have no abortion"? They are very much NOT the same thing.

What I meant to say in the original post was that we used to have no legal abortions in this country. now we do. it seems pretty clear to me!

Better to have safe legal abortions than unsafe illegal abortions like there used to be in them there good old days.:(

What I meant to say in the original post was that we used to have no legal abortions in this country. now we do. it seems pretty clear to me!

You do realize, of course, that most people support a woman's right to choose if she wishes to go through with a pregnancy?

It is your religious belief that abortion is bad, that doesn't mean others should follow your religion. Heck, many many people within your religion do not see the problem with abortion.

BTW, you still haven't answered my previous question.

Better to have safe legal abortions than unsafe illegal abortions like there used to be in them there good old days.:(

Isn't it amazing how many nutjobs out there would disagree with what you write? I can't stomach even reading an abortion debate and one of the many reasons for that is the thinking that if a woman is going to commit murder (as if that was even possible with abortion) she has it coming. So let abortions be unsafe.

Sheesh.

so those who agree with having abortion made illegal are nutjobs? pretty broad brush to paint people with.

That isn't what I wrote AT ALL. Please reread it, I was pretty clear.

Hopefully noone is getting seriously offended here now, the topics being discussed are really fascinating to see the different opinions in 'one room' so to speak. I guess we surround ourselves (well, some of us) in what we are. I'm not use to ANYONE saying they are 'for' abortion. Generally speaking everyone I know (including myself) believes in extreme circumstances, re: will kill the mother, rape, incest- it's ok.. otherwise, no. We all complain about how cushy prison is.. I say this from experience.. I haven't been to prison, but my brother and both of my fiance's brothers have done 10 years collectively, and every single one of them thought it was a joke. And all 3 are the type of people that needed repercussions to straighten them out, which they didn't get...because of how cushy prison was for them.

I'm normally alone however in the group of people believing death penalty is a good thing. Let's keep this thread rolling along!

I can't speak about prisons other than the one in tent city and that's a jail. But I don't believe I'd want to be in any of them.

I don't think anyone is really FOR abortion, I believe they are for a woman's right to choose. Pretty big difference there.

Good, then what's the problem? Abortions were illegal for about 100 years. Then someone got smart. Now they are not illegal. Seems pretty clear, I agree!

I guess boylove ,a monster penis and busting virgin vagina's and rectums just all go under the same category.

I just need to ignore them .

Ok

edie

Mmmmm! Monster penis! ;) :Banane56: :Banane26: :P

Inappropriate, possibly. But it made me laugh nonetheless.

(tee hee)

I haven't seen the boylove thread, but I love my boy very much. (He'll be 2 in June) :D

Obviously I stopped reading this thread on page 1, when the topic was boylove. LOL My bad for interrupting your argument (smile) with inappropriate dancing bananas at the thought of (Mmmmmmm!) monster penis.

My bad.

Nat