Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes snowkitten...I'm still kinda sore but I'm getting restless...haven't gotten on a scale I'll wait till I have my follow up visit...but yeah I need to know when we are clear for it...

If you find out please let me know, thanks!

Surgery on 25th, discharged on 26th. Re admitted on the 26th for vomiting/dehydration, discharged on 28th. Yuck. But, no abdominal pain, just a little sore. Tolerating liquids. I'm down 13 pounds from surgery day. Bored to death. I'm going shopping and walking the dog tomorrow.

Hey all... just thought id check in. Surgery was on the 25th and im doing really well. Tolerating all my liquids and started on Protein shakes and they arr going down well too. Im a little tired today as I started my menstral cycle *blech but other than that I feel pretty normal. Incisions seem to be healing up nicely and my energy is good. Im am so so happy I no longer feel the crazy hunger pangs ive felt all my life. This is the only time in my entire life I ever remember feeling satisfied and not unbearable hungry all the time. It makes me so happy I could cry.

I cannot lie though I am getting incredibly sick of just liquids. And cannot wait to eat puree. But I also know that I can do this... its a short period in my life and proper healing is important.

Well I hope all of you who have been sleeved recently Re doing well. Good luck to those of you who will be soon.

Not to share TMI but yesterday I thought I was going to blow up! I hadn't had a BM since before my surgery on the 25th. The pain was unbearable...finally I was able to go. I walked this morning and had another successful event. Gas is still bad. Anyone else having this issue?

Not to share TMI but yesterday I thought I was going to blow up! I hadn't had a BM since before my surgery on the 25th. The pain was unbearable...finally I was able to go. I walked this morning and had another successful event. Gas is still bad. Anyone else having this issue?

Oh you poor baby. Constipation is no fun. I've had diarrhea since day 2 so I'm lucky on that front. Try drinking some prune or apple juice. It could be the narcotics slowing your system.

I can totally relate on the BM issue. I had read somewhere on here prior to surgery thst someone took Milk of Magnesia to relieve and thats what i ended up doing. My mom whos a nurse said the barium is really bad for causing that, and that combined with our painkillers creates cement! Ive never been so uncomfortable. Glad your feeling better. :)

Just went for my first post op visit. I lost 9lbs, the dr was satisfied. He gave me the go ahead for the next food phase. I came home mix up my tuna and light mayo....mmmm I ate small bites and about halfway thru I feel like I swallowed a cannon ball. Reality check! I really have to slow down eating, wait between bites and I sure can't eat a lot. Lesson learned. Next appointment in 3 weeks and the doctor is looking for a 10lb loss. BM issue almost gone, thank God. Hope everyone's issues are slowly disappearing.

Has anyone had success with using milk of magnesia for Constipation? Help!!!!

I am good I start phase 2 tomorrow . I am so excited.

I haven't had any issue with BM moment but I have taken any pain pills since I got home from the hospital . I choose to deal with the discomfort . I do do find myself in the fridge longing for food lol but I don't touch it.

I still am tired not a lot of energy at the end of the day but over all I think I am doing well.

No milk of magnesia I just had one hard day where I was constipated I sat on the toilet for a long time and then I had an explosion since then things of gotten a little bit better each day. I'm not hungry most of the time no head hunger no real craving for any foods the tuna today and my mashed potatoes for dinner were wonderful. Remain positive.

Has anyone had success with using milk of magnesia for Constipation? Help!!!!

hi mskiesha29 - i did have success with using Milk of Magnesia. I took three tables spoons and went to bed and then took another tablespoon when i woke up in the middle of the night. By morning and with alot of trying... i got some relief. I think my mom summed it up best by saying that trying to have a movement after painkillers and a barium is like trying to pass cement. :( ive been fine ever since. Good luck.

I was sent home on a daily dose of Miralax. I dint have to take it anymore but I think that's why I didn't have any issues. You mix the Miralax with any Fluid and it doesn't have a flavor so pretty easy to get down. I hope you find relief soon. There's nothing worse than post-op Constipation.< /p>

I'm an August 25th'er as well. I did not have to have barium. so very glad. my doctor does an endoscopy to make sure everything looks good after the surgery portion while still under the anesthesia. so much easier. I had barium 30 years ago and it took 14 days to pass and ripped me up inside. it was like giving birth to a cement baby.

I saw the doc today for my 4 week follow up and got the all clear to eat normally again (in small portions) and can now exercise and lift again. I bought an exercise chair from HSN that has a swivel seat, pulleys with resistance bands, and can be used with or without the swiveler, and either standing or sitting. it's great because it will exercise every area of the body, and I'm most excited about the ab exercises. I've been walking on my treadmill for the past year and have lost a lot of weight previous to surgery (96 pounds prior) but now I have more exercises and can target the one place I loose the least amount.

I used to wear 28s, and they were getting tight. Today, I was able to fit into size 18 jeans. so very excited. Hope to be in 16s by the end of October. still have 76 pounds to loose, but having lost a total of 113, I am well over the halfway hump and on my way to healthy and thin.

Edited by Patty'O

I also got cleared for regular food small quantities and full exercise. good luck on your journey. I find the hardest thing is not clearing my plate I'm 64 years old and I was raised with that you were supposed to do that.