Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I really needed a fill... Now no fill for me:(

Does anybody have any advise on how to make it through in between fills? I was scheduled for my second fill tomorrow. I was suppose to have it a month ago but my son was in the hospital and wasn't able to do one then. I'm 13 weeks post surgery and so far I've lost 29 lbs. I'm very happy with my weight loss but for the past 3 weeks I've noticed a huge change in my band. I've been able to eat more and I'm hungry often. My surgeon said he expected me to be swollen for a while after surgery because I also had 2 hernia repairs with the band. Anyway, I just found out that my fill has been cancelled because my surgeon is changing surgery centers! It looks like I won't be getting my second fill until mid August:( I'm worried I will stall or even worse, gain weight by then. What tips to make it through the infamous bansters hell??? I don't think I will need a huge fill because my portions are still much smaller so I think I can continue loosing weight if I try some good old fashioned self control. Problem is.... Self control!

I'm about 2 months post-op and have only had one fill. At my 2 month appt monday, my NP said since I'm losing she doesnt want to do a fill for another 3-4 weeks. She said I should be doing most of the work.

I've cut out most carbs. If I'm hungry between meals, I drink a lot of Water and chew some gum, if I"m still hungry 45-60mins later, I'll eat a snack like lunch meat or some raw veggies.

Exactly what Betty_S said. Continue to measure and weigh your food, eat ONLY the recommended amount per your surgeon. After you've eaten and your hour is up drink some Water, do something to get your mind off of eating, walking, housework, playing with the kids whatever it takes. Then if you're still hungry eat a high Protein snack, deli meat, cheese, sugar free pudding etc. I know it's hard but you can and will get through it!! Keep your head up because you're doing great!

I made it through BH by eating lots of healthy food. I didn't pay much attention to calories or measurements, but eating Salmon, chicken, salads and veggies kept the calorie intake down and I didn't gain. I just didn't stress about it because it was not something I could control. Not saying you should do it my way, but don't stress out over BH and fills. Stress will only make you eat more and we know what happens when we're stressed?

@@Jenn Cooper don't worry, you will make it through to your next Dr. visit. you have made it this far, you know what to do and when it doubt go back to the basics. During the pre and post op you had a regimen you followed to get through each phase. Take a cue from that and prepare your foods, the times you are going to eat them, what they will be measure them out.

Add some movement into your day, and let your body be your guide. Question when you feel that "hunger" where it is coming from and if you are truly hungry and need the fuel to get you through have a light snack in between till you get to the next meal.

It's only hell if we make it hell, use the time to bond even more with your band. Listen to the signals you get from it, when choosing foods to eat make sure they are solid dense foods that you have to cut and chew, so that they activate your band to send those (we are not hungry anymore) signals to your brain.

You can do it!!!

Thanks everyone! I just have to keep chugging and doing what I'm doing. I'm proud of my loss so far considering my band isn't adjusted! I'm still learning and I think I will practice a lot of calming strategies to keep the stress down too. I don't want my band to be another diet stresser...that's why I chose it!

Jenn I was about to post when I read your post, and it sounds very similar to what I'm experiencing. I'm 7 weeks post-op, had my first fill at just under 4 weeks (while I was still on puréed foods). Since I stated having "real" food again, I've quit losing weight and actually gained 3 lbs. I'm scheduled for fill #2 tomorrow and I really hope it helps. I'm eating way less than I did before surgery, but more than I think I should. I'm not relying on the band to do it all, but I can't even tell it's there and want it to help me out some.

I want to be in the green zone so I can have the band experience I'd hoped for!

LoseIt4ever... I'm starting to feel the same about not knowing it's there at times. I'm getting to be hungry a lot more, and actual hunger not head hunger! Let me know how your fill goes! It took me about 3 days to feel my first fill but then about a month later all good restricted feeling went away! This part just takes time I guess. I'm looking into a different practice. Same surgeon but his private practice. My fill was cancelled at the center I go to and they have no idea when I will get one! I don't think I can wait until they figure all that out:(

Gwen office manager at wellington office she does my fills, 5617988587, she and the office will help I hope..