Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marylander getting banded 4/30/07

Hey there guys...I have been surfing this site for a couple of weeks and didn't realize that there was one for Maryland folks (although I have met a couple in the general forum). So...I'm getting banded on April 30 at GW University Hospital by Dr. Brody. It's only 4 days a way and I'm getting very nervous. This pre-op diet has been very hard for me. I have to admit that I have cheated a couple of times...was down 12 pounds, but this morning the scales put me at 10 pounds down. That's still good, but the numbers were going in the wrong direction. I'm back on the band-wagon and figured that I can suffer for the next four days.

Anyone else out there have Dr. Brody? So far, I think that he's pretty great. I haven't had any problems with him, his office or the hospital. I had my blood work on Tuesday and now I'm all set. I would love to hear from all of the Marylanders out there. :high5:

Well Hello Again,

Glad you found the Marylander area. I was thinking about you the other day, I sent you a PM to find out how the Optifast diet was going. Four more days is not that long and soon you will be a Bandster too. Good luck to you and remember if you have any questions about your new band or just wanna talk give me a call. Just think you're on your way!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hey Tanya. I'm sorry...I remember now seeing your PM to me. I apologize for not getting back to you. Yeah...Optifast is not my friend. I really don't like it at all, but I guess it's doing what it's suppose to be doing. When I went over on Tuesday for my blood work, I ran into the nurse and told her that I would really love to have a salad. She said that I could and I could also eat raw vegetables...keep the calories down. So...that was a relief. We are celebrating two birthdays in the office today and I brought a veggie tray...at least I'll be able to nibble on something. No cake though...I can't believe that Monday is right around the corner. I'm terrified...were you really sore afterwards and how long before the pain went away? I bought some liquid extra strength Tylenol yesterday in preparation. I just don't know what to expect....

Tina

It's normal to feel terrified, scared, unsure and anything else. I was sore for about 3 days to the point when I layed down I didnt want to get up and then the first two days had to have my hubby help me sit up from a laid down position. It gets better just keep moving. In a way it feels like you have over exerted yourself doing too many situps. So if you havent already done so you will need to go shopping and get your liquids. Here is something that may help you:

*STAGE 1 - LIQUIDS

START: When you return home from your surgery

DIET: Clear and full liquids

GOAL: Aim for at least 64 ounces of Fluid for the day by continuous sipping.

LIQUIDS RECOMMENDED:

Water

100% fruit juice (No sugar added)

Bouillon

Strained Soups or broths

Skim or 1% milk

Soy milk

Milk shakes - thinned

Gatorade or equivalent sports drink

Yogurt smoothie drinks - not including homemade

Crystal Light

sugar free beverages

Herbal or decaffeinated tea or coffee

Popsicles (Pedialyte)

LIQUIDS TO AVOID:

Citrus juices (orange, grapefruit, pineapple)

Acidic liquids (tomato juice, Tomato Soup, buttermilk)

Caffeinated beverages (coffee, tea)

Carbonated beverages (any soda pop, seltzer, or tonic water)

Homemade fruit or yogurt smoothies

Anything that seems liquid but is not (Jello, yogurt, pudding, ice cream) *Do pour test*

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches