Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many cabs/protein/fats ?

I'm just in the 3 month diet phase but my NUT said 80-90 gm Protein, no more than 130 gm carbohydrates and the rest of the 1500 calories could come from fat...the healthy kind. don't know if this is what you are looking for or if you are talking about after surgery...

80 Protein, 100 carbs--for my 1200 calorie diet. I avoid fatty foods, so I never really took much note of the fat intake.

At least 60g Protein but hopefully 80+.

Less than 50 carbs.

I don't track fat.

By percentages it's typically 40% Protein, 35% fat 25% carbs

I try for 40-30-30. That's just my goal, I usually average my 30% Protein and the other two vary by day. The closer I keep it there and in my calorie range, the better I lose weight.

Edited by ChaoticBliss

Funny how different we all are. Keeping constant track of every nutritional aspect of what I eat daily would put this girl over the edge. For me eating healthy foods in small amounts is my plan right now until I need it to change.

There are quite a few online sites that allow you track nutrition, exercise and weight goals. It takes a bit of effort and time, but after a bit it becomes routine.

I'm the type that needs to track things and keep records. If I don't watch what I am doing I become careless.... it is easy to lose track of how many Snacks between meals... or if a tablespoon is turning into half a cup. I think a lot of folks here use MyFitnessPal; I am still using FitDay.com, which is rather old and dated... but I'm old and dated to!

80 Protein, 100 carbs--for my 1200 calorie diet. I avoid fatty foods, so I never really took much note of the fat intake.

I have been trying to figure out the proper ratio. I do not know how you can get to 1200 cals with the numbers you quote unless you eat more fat. I can eat 80 grams of protien and 160 grams of carbos and still keep my daily total at 1000 cals. My carbos are all fresh fruit. Definatley going to addess this at my next support group meetng.

I just checked my meal plan for today... so far it is at 1053 calories... 47 grams fat, 79 grams carbs, and 80 grams Protein.

I may snack on part of a Protein Bar late at night. But, I had Breakfast, and the other two meals are in the fridge and ready to heat up for lunch and supper. If you're really curious, I could post what I am eating for today.

Here is a typical day for my meal plans... this is tracked on FitDay.com. Most of you folks use a more modern application program on your handheld devices.

What is not showing is misc. items, such as low calorie salad dressings, and my Vitamin and Calcium pills, which do have some carbs and sugar content.

food Name
Amount
Unit
Cals
Fat (g)
Carbs (g)
Prot (g)
Delete
Total
Cream, half and half cupfl ozindividual container (.5 fl oz)Guideline amount per fl oz of beveragegramskglboz
Sugar cupteaspoonindividual packetlump, 2 cubesGuideline amount per fl oz of beveragegramskglboz
Blueberries, frozen cupgramskglboz
Yogurt serving 100 calorie servinggramskglboz
chicken, breast cup, cooked, dicedoz, boneless, cookedoz, boneless, raw (yield after cooking)oz, raw (yield after cooking, bone removed)oz, with bone, cooked (yield after bone removed)cubic inch, boneless, cookedbreast quarter (yield after cooking, bone removed)medium slice (approx 2" x 1-1/2" x 1/4")thick slice (approx 2" x 1-1/2" x 3/8")thin slice (approx 2" x 1-1/2" x 1/8")large breast (yield after cooking, bone removed)medium breast (yield after cooking, bone removed)small breast (yield after cooking, bone removed)gramskglboz
Spinach, raw cupbunchleafbaby leafgramskglboz
Barbecue sauce cupcontainer (from fast food restaurant)packetgramskglboz
Kielbasa, Polish, turkey and beef, smoked serving 2 ozgramskglboz
Boston baked Beans cupgramskglboz
Total