Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WOMEN: What do you use for TOM pain

Now that I can't use advil, what can I use for cramps. I tried Tylonol last month and it just didn't do the trick like advil does. I also can't stand the chewable and liquid versions. Yuck. Anyone have anything else that is band friendly and really works? I would be your best friend if you can save me this month. I feel like going to bed and staying there for the next 3 days.

Thanks

Wendy

I use extra strength liquid Tylenol. For me the liquid can take care of pains that the pills or capsules could never touch.

I'm also partial to advil.. when all my back problems started my doctor said muscle pains need Advil since it's an anti-inflammatory.

I feel the same as you..I got the Tylenol for children because it's the only liquid version I found. I asked the pharmacist if they had liquid tylenol for adults and she said no.. Anytime I've taken it-besides the yuck taste-, it hasn't don't anything to help the pain.

But after seeing Wheetin's post, maybe if I could find the adult extra-strength it would help. I do miss advil though :rolleyes:

Lauraj23 - the onmly place I can find it is Wal-Mart (unfortunately). It's called "Rapid Blast" and comes in cherry - there's also a PM version that comes in something like "warm vanilla" (GROSS). I pretty much hate anything cherry flavor, but the Tylenol isn't horrible.

Hey i also use the Tylenol Rapid Blast Extra Strength...works wonders. I infact just got back from the drug store getting some because its that time of the month and it is HORRIBLE right now. Why is it horrible, for one they took my birth control pills away because of the blood clot i had, and my period is a million times worse because of the blood thinners they have me on. Congrats to me. Anyways I get my tylenol at Rite Aid. You should try it, it works great. Have a good day all.

~Hotpink~

Sorry, but I must disagree about the Extra Strength Tylenol Rapid Blast not tasting horrible. IT IS SO NASTY!!!!!! And the chewable? EVEN NASTIER! The Night time "warm vanilla" or whatever it is, is equally distasteful. HOWEVER, that being said, I have both liquid versions, and use them when I absolutely positively CANNOT take the pain ANYMORE. And it mostly works ok. Sometimes it doesn't have enough OOMPH, but for the most part, it does the trick. I have to go get some mouthwash now, because just thinking about the taste of them has left a bad taste in my mouth. BLECH!

And there are people who can actually stomach olives and green peppers. What can I say. :rolleyes: I can do the cherry. The chewables are probably some of the worst tasting things I've ever had in my mouth, next to collard greens and dolmades.

Nobody in their right mind can eat olives.

Mmmmmmm, olives! :rolleyes: I love olives, but I think we all know I'm proudly not in my right mind!:D

I've found the Rapid Blast Tylenol at Target as well.

I know that this may be silly, but why can you NOT take an anti-inflamitory? I.E. Advil?

I didnt know that you cant take these... :rolleyes:

I get some kick-yo-ass cramps, my tummy, my back, my thighs. The best thing for me is hard exercise, been using that for cramps for about a year now. It takes them down a notch from kick-yo-ass, to just mild discomfort.

I also take an NSAID called Arthrotec for my bone spurs in my feet. It is bariatric friendly, which helps during TOM.

Oh yeah, I love olives!!!:hungry:

My doctor said no more NSAIDs.. and since I am trying not to have slip or erosion, I am sticking to his guidelines!!

I will have to check Rite Aid.. I normally go to CVS, and CVS didn't have it. Couldn't find anyone at Kroger to ask, but did not see it on my own. I got the Bubble Gum flavor children's tylenol. It's pretty gross, I gag if I drink it too quickly. And I have to take so much to make it an adult dose. And then I get no relief.

And I don't like black olives, but LOVE green olives. Stuffed with the pimentos. Mmmmmm.. or almonds... MMMMM.. And I think I'm in my right mind (most of the time :rolleyes: ).

Since doctor just refilled my liquid lortab, I'll be using that for all my pains for the time being. That stuff isn't too hot either. I can get it down quickly, but the after taste is horrendous. It's the generic brand. Not sure if the normal one tastes any different.

I didn't mind my liquid Lortab. Maybe because I was so fond of its end results. When I was a kid I would fake a cough so that I could get a swig of Vick's Formula 44. I haven't had any in years but I used to love the taste of that stuff.

I didn't mind my liquid Lortab. Maybe because I was so fond of its end results. When I was a kid I would fake a cough so that I could get a swig of Vick's Formula 44. I haven't had any in years but I used to love the taste of that stuff.

I loved the children's orange flavored chewable aspirin. I had a lot of "headaches". ;)