Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RNY - how are you feeling?

Oh no!!! I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time. Good that your doc will see you today to get the abscess cleaned up. Hopefully they'll get it drained and get you on some good antibiotics to clear it up.

Did you really mean a sick goat? Somehow I'm thinking that was a typo...:-)

Yes really a sick goat. I have two Nigerian Dwarf goats. They're the sweetest things and about 40 pounds. They're actually much smaller than my dogs: a greyhound and English Mastiff mix. I also have chickens and rabbits.

Wooooow! How cool! I'm so sorry to hear one is sick, and hope he/she is back home soon and feeling better! You sound like you have lots if great fun reasons to get better soon! I bet you're pretty excited thinking of how much more active you'll get to be when you're back on your feet!

Hi I had my gastric bypass on 7/7 and I haven't had any pain meds since Wednesday. I feel awesome besides I think I'm hungry all the time. I'm dehydrated and was told by my RN today that I need at least 48 ounces of Water a day and I just don't want to drink.

My abscess draining cleaning and packing was horrible. I now have a home health nurse who comes out to change the packing daily. I have to change the outter dressing every 2-3 hours right now. I'm on a course of antibiotics to treat it as well.

I've been nauseous all day and have had a lot of trouble getting liquids in. Im exhausted.

I'm still retaining Fluid and can't fit into my pants. I have a bathrobe and t-shirts that fit and one skirt.

I dont have any energy. Im stillnon Clear Liquids and can't advance yet as I was npo so much of my hospital stay.

I had a doctors appointment today and found out I have air pockets trapped in certain parts of my body that can be palpated. I have no idea why.

My sick goat died. So my partner will be driving two hours to pick up her remains this weekend. I can't do a 2 hour car trip so I'll be staying home with one of my sons helping me.

I can't lay flat, so im sleeping in the livong room on a chair. And need help getting out of the chair. Stairs are my enemy and by the the time I make it from the 1st to 2nd floor I have to sit down and rest. Im not out of breath its more of an energy depletion issue.

I've never been this sick. Even chronic tonsilitis was easier. Thankfully my kids have been great helpers and stepped up to help me with things I can't do for myself now.

Leena, so sorry things are going so terribly for you. Hope you start to heal soon.

Edited by mamie60

I had RNY on 7/9. I was doing really good the day after and then I had a bad reaction to the morphine. My 2 night stay ended up being a 4 night stay. I have 2 incisions one in the middle and one on my left side. On my left side I had a JP Drain.

I am still taking my pain meds frequently. I try stretching it past every 4 hours sometimes I can sometimes I can't. The incision on the left is the one giving me the most pain. I see my medication go down with every dose and I will be out before this weekend and I am scared to death.

I am not getting in all of my Water or all of my Protein either. I try to walk around as much as I can but most of my day is spent in bed. Yesterday I managed to go to the store for a few things and I thought I was going to die.

I usually have to take ambien to sleep but not since surgery. Now I sleep a lot. I know once the pain is gone I will be happy I did this. But right now I'm thinking what the hell did I do to myself?

Pixers call your doctor and let them know you're running low on pain meds. I was freaking out about that as well and actually logged my meds to see how long they were going to last as I had 20 percocet. Also to make surebi was taking everything and not forgetting or overdosing on anything. I have 9 meds.

My scripts were written before surgery, with the expected outcome that I'd have a normal recovery. My script say 1-2 tablets every 4 hours as needed for pain. I've been home just over 3 days 82 hours. I'm stretching my pills and realized it's hurting me more. I'm taking my nausea med as needed but it has refills im not worried but I think im more nauseous because of the pain. Im only taking one percocet every 7-8 hours. I realized I have to put a call in to my surgeon about it. I was doing better at the hospital, but then again I was getting 2 different pain meds via iv every 4 or 6 hours because I had breakthrough pain.

I had more than just the bypass-a surprise hernoa repair in there. And have an abscess and woke up from a nap with a new wet spot on my shirt with a second abscess. I had an allergic reaction to dilouttid and have 2 meds for a massive rash on my trunk and arms.

Im also a conversion from bans to bypass with damage from my band in there, mainly adhesions and scar tissue, that had to be "cleaned up".

So for a non complicated bypass patient maybe 20 pain pills is enough but when you stack on complications its not. I know when I had my band put in in 2007 I didnt use all my pills. When I had it removed in April I was prescribed even fewer pills. So somewhere I have probably 5 pills if I didn't throw them out.

Please call your surgeon.

I had my surgery 7/14. I am home and in my own bed. I am not necessarily in pain from my incisions. But I do have a rumbly belly full of gas that can't find it's way out. Anyone have any has reliefs tips?

The best way to get gas out is to walk it out.

I had my surgery on 7/8. I try to use my pain med one twice a day. Today is not a good day - severely nauseated. I called doctor and they called in a new anti nausea med. because it am so nauseous I haven't been drinking my Water or getting my Protein in. Worried about dehydration ;0(.

Note to Self - not a very good idea to read this thread prior to surgery. Some good, mostly bad. <<<going back to pre-op thread before I change my mind. :huh:

Day 9 down 14 lbs feeling great was able to drink Protein Shake this morning without gagging yay!!!

My abscess draining cleaning and packing was horrible. I now have a home health nurse who comes out to change the packing daily. I have to change the outter dressing every 2-3 hours right now. I'm on a course of antibiotics to treat it as well. <br><br> I've been nauseous all day and have had a lot of trouble getting liquids in. Im exhausted. <br><br> I'm still retaining Fluid and can't fit into my pants. I have a bathrobe and t-shirts that fit and one skirt. <br><br> I dont have any energy. Im stillnon Clear Liquids and can't advance yet as I was npo so much of my hospital stay. <br><br> I had a doctors appointment today and found out I have air pockets trapped in certain parts of my body that can be palpated. I have no idea why.<br><br> My sick goat died. So my partner will be driving two hours to pick up her remains this weekend. I can't do a 2 hour car trip so I'll be staying home with one of my sons helping me.<br><br> I can't lay flat, so im sleeping in the livong room on a chair. And need help getting out of the chair. Stairs are my enemy and by the the time I make it from the 1st to 2nd floor I have to sit down and rest. Im not out of breath its more of an energy depletion issue. <br><br> I've never been this sick. Even chronic tonsilitis was easier. Thankfully my kids have been great helpers and stepped up to help me with things I can't do for myself now.

Leena, I am so sorry to hear of everything you're going through. I sure hope you've experienced the worst of it and that you're on the road to recovery.

I had RNY on 7/9. I was doing really good the day after and then I had a bad reaction to the morphine. My 2 night stay ended up being a 4 night stay. I have 2 incisions one in the middle and one on my left side. On my left side I had a JP Drain. <br><br> I am still taking my pain meds frequently. I try stretching it past every 4 hours sometimes I can sometimes I can't. The incision on the left is the one giving me the most pain. I see my medication go down with every dose and I will be out before this weekend and I am scared to death. <br><br> I am not getting in all of my Water or all of my Protein either. I try to walk around as much as I can but most of my day is spent in bed. Yesterday I managed to go to the store for a few things and I thought I was going to die. <br><br> I usually have to take ambien to sleep but not since surgery. Now I sleep a lot. I know once the pain is gone I will be happy I did this. But right now I'm thinking what the hell did I do to myself?

Pixers,

I felt the very same thing about my pain meds. Just yesterday was the first day I went 12 hours without pain meds. I too was spending so much time sleeping that I didn't care about eating or drinking. After yet another tearful breakdown, questioning what the heck I did to myself, my doc reassured me to give my body time and push to get the fluids in because dehydration is a sure fire way to get readmitted. I ate lots of Popsicles yesterday and swore I'd give it the old Girl Scout try today. I forced myself to get physically out if the bed and eat Breakfast (I was moving slower than molasses, but did it), and then 30 mins later drank 1/4 if my daily Protein. The sample menu my NUT gave me was a life saver. I purchased Gerber baby foods to make my foods easily to access while I'm home alone. (Not the best tasting, (expect the peaches - love them) but meet my 3-4 tablespoon needs for a meal until I get down the purée process. The other thing I did today was changed over to taking one extra strength Tylenol instead of the lortab. It's helped me greatly and let's me be awake to eat/drink more. I feel A LOT better. By all means, check with your doc before changing any of your prescribed meds or routines. I sure hope you're feeling better soon!