Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stacyann. Not everybody gets a catheter... I didn't. It's something you can ask your surgeon if he routinely does.

Stacyann..

Don't worry about the catheter. I don't think they do it when you are awake, if they do it at all. No undue stress is needed. REST your mind :-)

Hello all. 7/21 Surgery date also (RNY). Day 8 of the pre-op diet. Down 6.9 lbs so far. First couple of days were not well, but managed. The salads and vegatable trays helped a bunch....at least I was convinced I was eating solid food. The GNC total lean Protein shakes are a blessing also. Best wishes to everyone and I've enjoyed lurking on some of the other posts and find this site to be very informative. It's great to be able to see how people have dealt with and managed their changes and I hope I can learn and apply some of the experiences shared here.

Hey Prrite...

I am on my 7th day of the liquids. I am allowed a very little bit of "greens".

I have been having a little broccoli and arugula. About every other day, just a bit.

Just think...this time next week - it will be over and we will have been given a DO-OVER!

Best of luck to you!

Good luck! I don't have a date yet, but hoping it is in the next few weeks. My doc has not said anything about a cleansing diet. What is that all about?

It's to shrink your liver. I only have to do a weeks worth since I lost 30 pounds and my blood work was good .. I guess? That's what the doc said anyway. He was willing to do it without me even doing one but since I had a week before surgery he said to do it anyway.

How long is the pre-op diet for? I see my surgeon, nutritionist and get blood work tomorrow. Insure I'll find out tomorrow but I was wondering how long do most stay on the diet for.

It depends on the doctor. My doctor said 2 weeks. But I have seen some on here from two days up to two weeks.

Just depends on the doctor.

I just had my pre-op today, bloodwork, etc. , and I only need to do Clear liquids for two days. Other than the celebratory office lunch and happy hour in a couple days I'll be on Protein shakes.

I'm hoping my surgery won't be put off, though, my ekg came back funky on the p-wave, which is an electrical thing, no blockages or anything like that. I'll find out in the morning if the anesthesiologist will okay me or send me to a cardiologist. Keep your fingers crossed!

Hey Mel....

Fingers are crossed for you. You are SOOOOO lucky that you have to be on the diet ONLY two days. That's GREAT! I am on my 9th day...UGH!

But another day closer to surgery.

Woohoo! Got the go-ahead with no special cardiology release needed - the afternoon of 7/21 I'll be a post-op bypass patient and will be a big 'ol loser, can't wait!

Good luck to you all - we'll all be losers together! ;)

Stacyann - you should call your doctor and nutritionist.

Day 10 of the liquid diet, or better yet, 4 more days to go. I've dropped another 3 pounds in two days, for a total of 9.5. I've also noticed I'm not craving as much and my calorie intake is puny. 3 Protein shakes, salads, raw veggies - almost 800 a day. I will say the taco bell fiesta salad, hold the meat, is the bomb. (420 calories tho!). Keep on keepin' on - we are almost there.