Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheaper than Bariatriceating.com

The link starting this thread, I've checked it out a couple times, but I find it really hard to navigate their site. I've yet to find the crackers you were talking about. Wish they had an easier layout to find stuff!

Try this:

http://www17.netrition.com/ktb_wafer_crisps.html

I agree, their layout is not great. If you know the name of the manufacturer it is much easier. I didn't think of that.

Thanks! I think I'm going to order one of all except Jalapeno. These are pretty good prices for diet food which normally seems ridiculously jacked up (I remember this from my Atkins days). I remember some sort of cheese crackers when I did Atkins, but I think they were cheddar cheese. They were good for tuna salad. I also had found carb free-low cal taco shells.. They were better than normal taco shells IMO, made with white corn and really crispy. I loved those things..don't remember where I got them now.

Oh, have you tried the cracker bread? I am getting the country onion to try them out.

Thanks! I think I'm going to order one of all except Jalapeno. These are pretty good prices for diet food which normally seems ridiculously jacked up (I remember this from my Atkins days). I remember some sort of cheese crackers when I did Atkins, but I think they were cheddar cheese. They were good for tuna salad. I also had found carb free-low cal taco shells.. They were better than normal taco shells IMO, made with white corn and really crispy. I loved those things..don't remember where I got them now.

These are not cheap! The boxes of crackers are small however, each serving is about 3 crackers (more than enough if used w/tuna, etc) and there are probably 6 servings in a box. They are small boxes. So they are expensive.

If you are good at cooking I'd just get a couple of the flavors and see if you can make them at home. Some of the ladies on the cooking forum have a recipe for them. I tried it but I am a really bad cook. It's easier just to buy them.

Oh, have you tried the cracker bread? I am getting the country onion to try them out.

I bought some bran cracker bread but I haven't received that order yet. It was something like $1.89 for a package so if I don't like it I didn't waste much money.

Well, I saw how big they were and how many came with it, but from my past experience a bag of cheddar crackers back in Atkins days for me was 12 bucks. And that was like a mini-bag of potato chips. I had outrageous food bills on Atkins! 4 bucks for 6 servings is not bad to me, relatively.

And unfortunately, I'm not a cook! I can't even make pancakes without messing something up lol.

Well, I saw how big they were and how many came with it, but from my past experience a bag of cheddar crackers back in Atkins days for me was 12 bucks. And that was like a mini-bag of potato chips. I had outrageous food bills on Atkins! 4 bucks for 6 servings is not bad to me, relatively.

And unfortunately, I'm not a cook! I can't even make pancakes without messing something up lol.

Do you made scrambled pancakes too?? That's how I make 'em. Don't mean to but that is what happens.

$12 for a bag of crackers? Sheesh... that's horrible. No wonder Atkins brands hasn't done well traditionally. Their baking mixes and such I never tried because I don't cook however, I have yet to hear anything good about them. When I was doing Atkins I did a lot of salads, Protein shakes, cheese, eggs, etc. With the exception of their shakes I never did buy many of their products.

Atkins mixes and stuff were TERRRRIBLE. Tasted like cardboard.. everything, and all the same. And they were not cheap. I tried a lot of Atkins brand products in high hopes as new things came out, but they never seemed to evolved (where as, a lot of other companies did). The cheddar crackers weren't atkins brand, just some other low-carb place. I never found normal priced low-carb items. When Russell Stovers came out with the 0 carb candies, I was in heaven. I even wrote them a letter LOL. On Atkins I did a lot of bacon, sausage, eggs, steak, veggies.. and lost weight rapidly. I kept ketosis sticks in the bathroom (bought some from netrition 100 sticks for 7 dollars), and I was always on the dark purple. I thought ketosis measured ketones, which had to do with no carbs. But saw you post it has to do with weight loss, not no carbs? My doctor didn't tell me to specifically do low-carb, I'm going to just eat healthier with the band, make better choices with what I eat, etc..

You are right about keytones. When you lose weight your body converts fat into different chemicals and the bottom line results when it comes to testing for keytones. If the strips turn color, you are burning fat. That's really all that matters. You don't want dark purple, all that means is that you are not getting enough fluids. You merely want a color change. This doesn't have to happen from just low carb, if you are burning fat the strips will change color.

Keep in mind that over time (and I don't know the reason for this) your body might stop producing keytones. It doesn't mean you aren't still burning fat, it just means the tests show negative.

When you burn fat most people believe it comes out in poop. It doesn't. When you burn fat the chemicals are released from your body via breath, urine, and sweat.

Good to know! They always seemed to be good motivators for me, like I could see on a little strip of paper that what I was doing had some sort of reaction to my body-besides weight loss which stops and starts at will.

I have gotten the nasty breath as of a few days ago. I've been brushing my teeth 6x a day and still get the funk breath.

Just thought I'd let you know that I was in Smart and Final yesterday and they carry all of the SF DeVinci syrups in all flavors and it wasn't very expensive.

World Market has s/f Torani Syrup. $5.99 for the big bottle, $2.99 for the 5 oz.

I ordered a bunch of stuff. This is a great site and the shipping is low too. We can all report as to what is good.

I do the Atkins Protein drinks. They are pretty cheap at Walmart. I like the Protein Bars they have come out with too. I think the double chocolate crunch bars are really good and they are 150 calories.

I ordered a bunch of stuff. This is a great site and the shipping is low too. We can all report as to what is good.

I am such a putz, know what I did? Sheesh... I can't believe I did this.

I was really tired when I put my last order in. Apparently I wasn't paying attention to zero's or something. I got the order confirmation right away and didn't even open it.

Well, I just opened it. I actually ordered 17 boxes of those parmesan crackers. (smacking self)

At least I won't run out for a bit! HA! I hope everyone I know likes them as well as I do. :)