Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Goals?!

1, To be comfortable in a size 8 (I'm small boned, this is not skinny for me)

2. To be able to sit cross legged in a dining room chair.

3.. To not have to extend my plane seat belt

4. To easily get up to pee while on an airplane without knocking mens hats off with my boobs,

6. To (hopefully) run in to that two-timing ex of mine and see his eyes "take it all in".

7. To be more active with my son, grandaughter, and students

Of course I have many of the same wishes as you all do. But I do have one burning thought in my mind. I want to go to my High School reunion as the skinny chick and then see the girls who were skinny in high school be the "chubby ones".... hmm can't wait.

I want to weigh what is on my drivers license 198 - i even lied about it back in the day and everytime they ask is your weight still the same I just say yes eeven though it says 198 since I was 16 but even then I was never that small. I can't wait to have them change it to lower than that!

And I too want to be the skinny one at the reunion while other skinny girls are fat now. :D

4. To easily get up to pee while on an airplane without knocking mens hats off with my boobs,

Now that about made me pee my pants - I bet the men enjoyed the knock anyway :D

Great goals, all of you! I have another one too. My fiance and I were High School Sweethearts at Lincoln High in Seattle Washington. I would love to look great next year when we have our reunion too. Now it's my 40th coming up, Carl's was this year. They sent us pictures of the reunion because we couldn't make it, and so many of the people look REALLY OLD. I mean with white hair, the ladies don't bother with any make up or try to wear nice looking clothes. That's not me. I want to look as good as I can, at any age.

I love reading everyone's motivations. I have a list tucked in my journal that I created in February 2001, when I was first thinking about weight loss surgery. Funny ... 4.5 years later, I wouldn't change a thing on the list:

1. I want to be healthy again.
  2. I want to have more energy (...er, ANY energy)
  3. I want to fit into single digit clothes sizes again.
  4. I want to look better in clothes, and out of them too!
  5. When I look down, I want to be able to see my shoes.
  6. Speaking of those shoes, I want to be able to tie the laces without cutting off my airway.
  7. I want to be able to eat a meal without dropping food or leaving crumbs on my "shelf".
  8. I want less of a shelf - a nice "B" or "C" would do nicely.
  9. I want to climb stairs without heavy breathing and creaking joints.
  10. I want to actually *want to* climb stairs without dreading them.
  11. I want to wear bike shorts again.
  12. I want to be able to bike again.
  13. I want to be able to run again.
  14. I want to have my knees be narrower than my legs again.
  15. I never want to hear again the dreaded phrase, " ... well, you have a pretty face, but ..."
  16. I want to be able to get up out of a chair without grunting.
  17. I want to be able to look in the mirror, turn sideways and not see a look of horror in my face.
  18. I want to be able to write on the board when I'm teaching and not watch my underarm 'bat wings' sway back and forth.
  19. I want to increase my self-worth through achieving these goals.

:) :) ;-)

My goals have changed as I read so many posts on here. I really want to lose 30 and get below 200 as a short term goal. I had set a conservative goal of 159 being my final goal weight, and set that because so many attempts at loss have left me demoralized and fearing failure and disappointment. I realized JUST this morning while reading threads on here that I CAN DO THIS. I lowered my final goal to 139, which is a reasonable attainable goal for me. Setting that goal is a combination of knowing what a healthy weight is for my height (5' 4") and knowing what I weighed throughout high school (125ish). Getting banded on the 28th, so I have been thinking about this a lot!!!!!

also:

1. to be able to wear heels without my knees aching

2. to not look like a snowman in my midsection (boobs,stomach,abdomen rolls)

3. to get off meds for insulin resistance and blood pressure

I want to weigh what is on my drivers license....300 pounds. That is crazy.

I want to weigh what is on my driver's license too! 230lbs! I know alot of people look at my ticker and probably ask why is her goal is 230lbs and not like 150lbs but this is the reason why LOL! I know after I get to 230lbs I will then change it to 190lbs that is what it said on my license when I was 21.

HAHAHAHA!

This is a GREAT THREAD!

How about wearing a front button shirt that fits across my boobs without falling off my shoulders...

Wearing a shirt that is smaller than my husbands...

Having my 12 year old hug me ALL the way around...

Weighing less than my overweight cousin who thinks I'm fatter than her..not

Not having people at work say, "...you don't need to lose THAT much..." (they're so nice, but so wrong)

Having my husband answer "no" and I know it's true when I ask, "Do I look that like person?"

Not being the fattest mom at the PTA meetings

Here's a funny story - after my sister lost 150 lbs with bypass she went to DMV and asked to get a new license. They refused and she asked to see the supervisor. He wanted to know why she wanted a new license and she told him she had lost 150 pounds. His response - "If the weight on your license was correct before, you now weigh 10 pounds."

Here's a funny story - after my sister lost 150 lbs with bypass she went to DMV and asked to get a new license. They refused and she asked to see the supervisor. He wanted to know why she wanted a new license and she told him she had lost 150 pounds. His response - "If the weight on your license was correct before, you now weigh 10 pounds."

omg that is sooo freakin funny!