Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just had my son and since the day I left the hospital I've been having stomach pain. I think my band may have slipped. I can't keep anything down and when I drink it even hurts and when I start to fall asleep I get night coughs, chest pain and today my back is killing me. I'm in a new state and now and I have medicaid! At one point during my pregnancy they tried to find me a bariatric doctor because I'd been complaining of not being able to keep food down from early in the pregnancy and the one they found didn't take medicaid. They were supposed to keep looking and get back to me but never did. I finally just pretty much did my pregnancy on ensure and drinks or whatever else would stay down. I don't know what I should do.

Edited by cplatinumlove

I just had my son and since the day I left the hospital I've been having stomach pain. I think my band may have slipped. I can't keep anything down and when I drink it even hurts and when I start to fall asleep I get night coughs, chest pain and today my back is killing me. I'm in a new state and now and I have medicaid! At one point during my pregnancy they tried to find me a bariatric doctor because I'd been complaining of not being able to keep food down from early in the pregnancy and the one they found didn't take medicaid. They were supposed to keep looking and get back to me but never did. I finally just pretty much did my pregnancy on ensure and drinks or whatever else would stay down. I don't know what I should do.

Right after I had my baby (3 weeks ago) I had lots of trouble with my band too. I felt like I couldn't keep anything down, I was walking up cooking on Fluid at night, everything felt really tight. I was very worried my band slipped during labor but after a few days it went back to normal. I would say if you are worried though go have it checked out.

I went to the er they gave me iv because I was dehydrated. Figured it was the band and said they couldn't help me. Called my ob dr and she said meet her at her office. After he assistant and I searching independently I found a dr that takes the medicaid 2hrs away and she made the calls. I went there yes the band slipped and he was preparing me for surgery this morning to remove it. I felt horrified when he said I don't qualify for any other surgery so it would be just removing the band. Thank God I remembered some threads I read here about people having slippage that wasn't severe and the dr or moving the Fluid (which the other dr did while we waited on this one), and waiting a month or so to see if it would correct itself and it did so they had them refilled. When he came back to see me I ask him about that possibility. He thought I was asking because he said I wouldn't get discharged until Fri and it's a holiday weekend. He said it wasn't likely to fix itself but it wasn't an emergency if I could keep down Water (which I already had at that point) and food so he said he would give me crackers and if I kept them down he would let me go home and I could come back another time. I kept the crackers down and the first dr came to check and I talked to her about it again she and told her why. She said it might likely slip again and I said but that's a might correct? And she said yes. I told her I wanted to give it some time and then get another xray and if it fixed I wanted to refill it if not then remove it. She said I could do that. It was my decisions. I felt so relieved! But she scheduled me to come back in 2 weeks and I don't think that's enough time even though I don't know. I just want to give it every possible chance I can. I think I'll call after a bit and reschedule, not sure how long I want to wait but at least all of the 6 weeks I'm off on maternity. Then I'll ask for another xray. Now I'm not sure about the insurance paying for the refills but I figured since the unfill was under them it could be seen as part of treating the problem I came into the er for (I went thru the er with these Dr's as well so they would be able to see my the same day). But if not and it does fix then I feel paying out of pocket for fills is something I could handle as long as they hopefully do at least 1cc at a time (4cc was in band). I could just do it slowly to save up. I wouldn't complain about that. In the meantime I'm going to pray it fixes itself and pray the insurance will cover the fills if it does. It's a big relief to me that I stormed my memory before they admitted me and I ended up in surgery this morning!

Edited by cplatinumlove

Ya I works not want to have surgery this soon. My husband still wants me to go get out checked but I worry they are going to say I need surgery. If that's the case I just want it removes so I don't have to worry about this my next pregnancy.