Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved June 11, 2014 and was sent home with an abdominal binder that I was to wear for at least a week. I can wear it as long as I feel I need to. I still wear it at night (to help me side sleep), and when I know I will be out for a long time. While in the hospital, the bariatric coordinator suggested that a compression garment might help in the long run with loose skin. She suggested the Spanx brand, or other similar types of garments. I am wondering if this is true? If it is, have any of you tried any? What is the best type to buy? Also, what size do I buy? I feel that they are too expensive to buy (and get a size we won 't be in long) if we are quickly shrinking. Thanks for any suggestions!

-Julie

I was wondering the same as you, Julie. I actually bought one because of people saying they carried a pillow to brace their incisions after the surgery. I haven't read anyone who has talked about using one. I hope someone who has used it will share their experience.

<p>I was sleeved June 11, 2014 and was sent home with an abdominal binder that I was to wear for at least a week. I can wear it as long as I feel I need to. I still wear it at night (to help me side sleep), and when I know I will be out for a long time. While in the hospital, the bariatric coordinator suggested that a compression garment might help in the long run with loose skin. She suggested the Spanx brand, or other similar types of garments. I am wondering if this is true? If it is, have any of you tried any? What is the best type to buy? Also, what size do I buy? I feel that they are too expensive to buy (and get a size we won 't be in long) if we are quickly shrinking. Thanks for any suggestions!</p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p>-Julie</p> <p> </p>

try the kymaro body slimmer. Can but at Walmart or on Amazon. I've used it after a few laparoscopic surgeries. Helps hold your tummy tighter against you.

Day 3 post-op, I just had a friend buy one and velcro it onto me. I look forward to crawling into bed with it and try and sleep.

And I just jumped on specifically to ask about this...so it's neat to see that you're thinking the same thing! I'll talk to my dr about it and let you know what he suggests.

I am 1 year out from surgery and still wear some type of compression garment. It helps just hold everything where it's supposed to be because of the jiggles. I have tried everything from the full suits with pee holes to the shorts that come just below your beasts to corset types. And I have to tell you the 2 I like the best can be bought at Walmart. The first is 'Hanes' brand it looks like a nude colored tank top except there is a real low scoop on the front so your breasts arent covered/scquished. It's made from the same kind of material as spanks but so much cheaper $15?? And it's long so you can tuck it into your pants to keep it in place. These ones are tricky though you step into this one and pull it up to your shoulders and put your arms in to ensure proper fit and smoothness. The 2nd is a cami styled tank called 'sweet nothings made by maidenform' comes in white or black around $12 and it's a godsend. It has adjustable shoulder straps, built in bra (although I still wear a bra with it for extra lift) it too is long enough to be tucked into jeans and can be put on over head or from the feet up. There are lots of options out there. As for size the Hanes product has a sizing chart. I buy them as a size smaller then what I typically wear. You don't want it so tight you can't breath and move but tight enough that it's doing its job.

Edited by kailie

post-146817-0-04534800-1405619027_thumb.jpg

Top picture is hanes brand. Bottom Is "not just a cami" sweet nothings by maidenform

post-146817-0-94087700-1405619037_thumb.jpg

Edited by kailie

I asked my surgeon and he said it's not necessary unless I feel more comfortable with it

What about compression stockings as I have varicose veins and wonder about blood clots re surgery?

You more likely be given heparin before the surgery and you do use the tedd's - report any shortness of breath and painful red sore spots on your legs to your medical provider right away - blood clots happen - but I'm sure your medical provider is prepared for all that - be well

post-146817-0-04534800-1405619027_thumb.jpg
Top picture is hanes brand. Bottom Is "not just a cami" sweet nothings by maidenform
post-146817-0-94087700-1405619037_thumb.jpg

I'm 7 weeks out and Sunday I was foolish enough to wear my spanks to church Sunday! I felt everyone of my stretches poking me I was miserable! Never again! It really hurtled.

BTW what is the tedd's?

BTW what is the tedd's?

Thrombo-embolic deterrent hose. Support hose basically. They can be knee high or thigh high.