Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PO VSG w/ lupus & diabetes

I am 1 month PO and I have lupus , diabetes , Gastroparesis just to name a few of my illness's ... I was wondering if there are any other post op Vsg'ers out there that are willing to tell me how things are going for you . I'm feeling very hopeless right now as I have such low weight loss and am worried it could be this interfering . I have only lost 15 lbs in 30 days which 13 was lost in the first 10 days . Since the 23 rd of May I have lost and regained the same 7/8 lbs ... 24 days and I am stuck . I am going to the gym daily, getting in 70 grams of Protein daily and my calories are 600-800 ... Thanks

Hi there. I had VSG on 5/5/14 and I also suffer with Lupus. I'm on plaquinel,methotrexate and Immuran and really am struggling with extreme fatigue and weakness. The weakness has been horrible since VSG. I'm having so much nausea that I'm having a hard time getting all my Protein and Water in. I hope that you and I can be support to each other as we struggle with different problems then the average people on this website. Let me know how I can support you.

Hi there. I had VSG on 5/5/14 and I also suffer with Lupus. I'm on plaquinel,methotrexate and Immuran and really am struggling with extreme fatigue and weakness. The weakness has been horrible since VSG. I'm having so much nausea that I'm having a hard time getting all my Protein and Water in. I hope that you and I can be support to each other as we struggle with different problems then the average people on this website. Let me know how I can support you.

Hi there , I'm so sorry to hear that your having such a hard time . I don't know how to PM on here but I'd love to exchange info with you so we can chat on fb or text , whichever you feel comfortable with . Pls let me know .

i would stop going to the gym until you are a little farther along. my doc said 6-8 weeks before the fatigue and low energy goes away. it was about 9 weeks for me ( i had complications from the surgery). the only thing i did before that was very gentle yoga and swimming.

take it very easy for another month. walk, do restorative activities only, rest.

I am 1 month PO and I have lupus , diabetes , Gastroparesis just to name a few of my illness's ... I was wondering if there are any other post op Vsg'ers out there that are willing to tell me how things are going for you . I'm feeling very hopeless right now as I have such low weight loss and am worried it could be this interfering . I have only lost 15 lbs in 30 days which 13 was lost in the first 10 days . Since the 23 rd of May I have lost and regained the same 7/8 lbs ... 24 days and I am stuck . I am going to the gym daily, getting in 70 grams of Protein daily and my calories are 600-800 ... Thanks

I am so glad to have stumbled across this thread. I no about the chronic fatigue with lupus,fibro, polymyalgia an hashis just to name a few also I have my big day Tuesday I'm excited an nervous. .I was told to allow at least 6 to 8 wks to heal.I to take plaquinil among others. I am looking forward to this journey physically a lil concernd about mental being 30 yrs of bad eating behaviour but I was cleared an I no it's a day by day journey. ..Hang in there Keep posting when you can an I will to...I'm going to be using an indoor bike mostly I wear out real easy. Baby steps!

I have fibro and hashimotos. I am really hoping that I will feel better after I start losing weight.

Have you had surgery yet ?

I am 8 weeks post op today and I will tell you I have not lost weight as quick as others but I am losing . I have been back at the gym since 4 days after my surgery though and 2 days ago I got a trainer . Every part of my body hurts and I have had to look for different ways to eat because just the sleeve wasn't enough for me to lose . That being said I want to explain , I have several illness's and have been not eating correctly for some time . I haven't eaten enough or the right things ... Sounds funny coming from a WLS pt but yes I didn't eat enough so my body needed to adjust to pushing more calories in , in the beginning with all the Protein Shakes etc. . Now I'm doing Carb Cycling and that seems to be working ( atleast for now , knock on wood )