Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TLBC statement

I got this message on another forum, thought would post here too.

Robyn

Chris Henderson has asked me to release the following statement on

his behalf:

"The Toronto Laparoscopic Band Centre (TLBC) goal is to provide its

patients with the highest and best level of medical care at every

step of their decision to use and work with the adjustable Gastric

Band. Our patients' health and safety during the pre operative and

post operative phases of the Gastric Band usage remains our highest

priority and responsibility to our existing and future patients.

This responsibility also involves timely and appropriate

communication of changes at the Centre to our patient community. We

wish to officially advise our patient community of 2 recent changes,

Dr. Jacob Joffe is no longer part of the team of surgeons at the

Centre and Nisrine Shammas is no longer employed at the Clinic. The

changes in our team of surgeons and pre operative and post operative

professionals are always made with the best interests of our patient

community in mind, and are part of our continuing commitment to

providing the highest and best care for our patients. While we are

not at liberty to give anyone details regarding either departure, we

want the community to know TLBC will continue to grow and develop as

Canada's leader in Surgical Weight Loss procedures and we look

forward to continuing our enviable record of patient satisfaction.

For all existing patients the TLBC post operative team remains in

place, focused and ready to help them meet their goals. All new

patients will receive a very high level of attention, education and

assistance in making their decision to make TLBC their solution of

choice. We appreciate your continued support and understanding in

this matter."

Thanks, wish I'd known this one last year.

wow interesting that a post from two years ago with no responses pops up...

So much has happened since then.... Joffe immediately was gone from TLBC, went to work with CIBO after this and since then pleaded guilty and lost his license to practice in ON.

Heather

Edited by susieq321

Hi Heather,

I agree it's odd and confusing to have this old thread restarted now.

Not that it matters any more, but do you know that Dr. Joffe was working at CIBO, or is that more of a logical assumption? I know that his new office was located on the 5th floor of the same building where CIBO is housed on the 3rd floor, but his name was never included on CIBO's website. Is it your impression he was placing bands there on his own, or assisting another surgeon to do so?

As I say, now that he's lost his licence it makes no difference, but I am curious. -- Peter.

Hi Heather,

I agree it's odd and confusing to have this old thread restarted now.

Not that it matters any more, but do you know that Dr. Joffe was working at CIBO, or is that more of a logical assumption? I know that his new office was located on the 5th floor of the same building where CIBO is housed on the 3rd floor, but his name was never included on CIBO's website. Is it your impression he was placing bands there on his own, or assisting another surgeon to do so?

As I say, now that he's lost his licence it makes no difference, but I am curious. -- Peter.

Peter,

I had heard from a friend in the industry who works with a lot of the cosmetic surgeons etc who I used to date that he was assisting and still placing bands on his own (not sure if the surgery on his own was in CIBO or just Sarnia).. but that is the rumour mill I put some credence in it based on who I heard it from but take it for what it is worth. I know he was advertising that he was placing bands in Sarnia but I didn't see him advertising that same service in Toronto.

Heather

It looks like Dr. Joffe is headed down to start practicing in Mexico going by some recent posts regarding him on a Mexican forum.