Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

of the days I can shop in the regular sizes, walk a lot and not get tired, have more energy, be more active, not worry about seat belts not fitting...

I know there's a lot of these kinds of posts but when I'm having a bad day that's full of nausea and I'm feeling like a failure, this is what I think about.

A small NSV for me is since I've lost 22 lbs., whenever I go to the store or go out and about, I don't get SUPER sweaty. I live in AZ so it's in the 100s right now, but I used to sweat for NO reason. Now, I only sweat when I'm in the heat for a prolonged amount of time. I don't sweat when I'm just walking around a store or anything. It's so nice.

Awesome! good for you!!!!! It is amazing to me how much value is placed on appearance. All the attaboys etc. because of what one weighs. It's a weird world. One of the fun things for me is when I can actually shop in the normal clothes section or when I can squeeze by a group of people in a congested area. I used to have anxiety when I'd have to navigate through a crowded room full of people, chairs, tables, etc. there are so many little things like that as you go along. Enjoy all your victories!!!!

Edited by Meintraining

WAY TO GO, LadyKatie!!!

Not only are you not sweating unless exerted....give yourself an "extra" atta-boy for it being in the AZ heat!!!

Yeah You!!

Thank you!!

I'm growing out my hair right now and I used to have to put it up all the time and now I leave it down! The hubby loves it, of course. I'm just excited not to be a sweaty, fat person anymore, lol.

Funny how similar we are, I too live in AZ, have wore my hair in an "updo" for years and HATE being sweaty! I am only nearing a 20# loss and have been walking in the mall for the AC and have noticed that too I'm not nearly as nasty sweaty as I used to be! Love it!!

@ktucker1979: It's the worst in the summer! I mean, of course, I'll throw up my hair if I'm working out or cleaning, etc. But sometimes I would just be sitting at a friend's house and sweating! But no more! I can't believe the difference 20 lbs. makes.

Different kind of dream but funny -- The night before surgery I dreamed all night that I was eating -- anything and everything but especially beef stew. In the dream I kept panicing because I suddenly remembered I had surgery the next morning and wasn't supposed to eat. I giggled when the nurse asked me the last time I ate and told her I ate all night long! :)

Different kind of dream but funny -- The night before surgery I dreamed all night that I was eating -- anything and everything but especially beef stew. In the dream I kept panicing because I suddenly remembered I had surgery the next morning and wasn't supposed to eat. I giggled when the nurse asked me the last time I ate and told her I ate all night long! :)

How funny you should say that! I had vivid dreams after surgery for about a week when I would realize I was eating all sorts of food I am not yet allowed, panic, then realize it was just a dream, and enjoy it lol

I wish I had dreams about food last night (first night back from the hospital). Instead I slept like crap, and for some reason dreamed about the Originals character names. Not about the characters, just their names running through my head, over and over. I would much prefer dreaming about food. lol

Hi! I had my surgery on June 17 and my post op dreams of course have been different. One thing that is surprising was my dreams about food. They are vivid and simple. My first dream was that i was in a restaurant and served me a small size waffle that was great and its was all gone with a few bites. It was so satisfying and i was happy. The second dream was how i had two fig newtons and i enjoyed each bite and i was relaxed and happy.

I never had food dreams like this. Its also pleasant that my mind has accepted how small special amounts has the same value of plate of food or excess amount. Anyone had dreams like this?