Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg I have way too many clothes! Went through and threw out all the junk and organized the rest by sizes. The largest being 16's and the smallest were 10's. I will have clothing covered for a bit once I get started. July hurry up and get here. I cannot wait to purge all the larger clothing!

I have a dear needy friend who has loved all her "new" clothes from my closet. It is fun helping someone else out. Also I have replenished a few things with some Ebay finds and shopping is now a fun thing to do. Before surgery I refused to go shopping. Now I seem to be shopping every day!

I have a dear needy friend who has loved all her "new" clothes from my closet. It is fun helping someone else out. Also I have replenished a few things with some Ebay finds and shopping is now a fun thing to do. Before surgery I refused to go shopping. Now I seem to be shopping every day!

Yes I agree! My appointment is on the tenth and I was going to ask if they know of any clothing swap or donations for other patients who may want or need the clothing I'm going to get rid of.

Yep, how many of us can relate to closets full of sizes ranging from 8 to 28??? Purging my closet was such an emotional experience for me. It caught me off-guard. After I got past the emotion of it, it did help me to know that the nicer plus, plus sizes I donated would hopefully be appreciated by someone who, like the "old me", just wanted to look nice despite my overweight.

Yep, how many of us can relate to closets full of sizes ranging from 8 to 28??? Purging my closet was such an emotional experience for me. It caught me off-guard. After I got past the emotion of it, it did help me to know that the nicer plus, plus sizes I donated would hopefully be appreciated by someone who, like the "old me", just wanted to look nice despite my overweight.

Yes that is true it is very emotional. I have nowhere to put all of these clothes it's crazy. I should be packing the winter ones away that are larger but I can't until they just don't fit anymore. Maybe I'll just put them in a box and label them by sizes and when it doesn't fit I can get them out for donation. Or ship them to someone on here who would like them. :)

I still find myself in the plus size section of the stores, and shake my head like WTH am I here for LOL. Hard to believe I am now in the size 12s shopping. No more big "flowerdy" clothes my sister always laughed about in the plus sizes, that probably made us look larger!

I still find myself in the plus size section of the stores, and shake my head like WTH am I here for LOL. Hard to believe I am now in the size 12s shopping. No more big "flowerdy" clothes my sister always laughed about in the plus sizes, that probably made us look larger!

Right! Why. Why would they do that? They outta design clothing for larger women that is more flattering. I wish I was at where you are now. What did you start out at? How far out are you?

Right! Why. Why would they do that? They outta design clothing for larger women that is more flattering. I wish I was at where you are now. What did you start out at? How far out are you?

I am 5'4", and at my heaviest a year ago was 230. Asthma, diabetes, neuropathy, knee replacement, and on 2 HBP meds. Went to a seminar in August for my husband, and discovered I qualified. Signed up, jumped through the hoops. Surgery was 11/18/13, my husband 12/2. I have lost 60 lbs, he has lost 90. He was obese his entire life. I dieted my entire life and we had lost the battle. I am 160 now and people call me skinny. No one believed I weighed 230. If I don't lose another pound I will die of pure happiness. I am off Metformin and a BP med. Neuropathy is gone. Feel great. You will be here before you know it. Good luck!

Edited by LindafromFlorida

I am 5'4", and at my heaviest a year ago was 230. Asthma, diabetes, neuropathy, knee replacement, and on 2 HBP meds. Went to a seminar in August for my husband, and discovered I qualified. Signed up, jumped through the hoops. Surgery was 11/18/13, my husband 12/2. I have lost 60 lbs, he has lost 90. He was obese his entire life. I dieted my entire life and we had lost the battle. I am 160 now and people call me skinny. No one believed I weighed 230. If I don't lose another pound I will die of pure happiness. I am off Metformin and a BP med. Neuropathy is gone. Feel great. You will be here before you know it. Good luck!

Thank you. I wish I could fast forward my life and be where you are now, but one step at a time. Gotta live each day of this journey and do my best and hopefully it all comes out good in the end. You are a true inspiration and your husband. Your stories are awesome!

My sweet husband insisted I buy some clothes for the fall (I'm a newly certified teacher) at a store I like that was having a big sale. So, I bought several tops two sizes smaller than I am now. It felt like a vote of confidence for myself/my surgery. Now to start weeding out the clothes I do have!

Be careful how you store your clothes. I have always dieted my whole life. Lose 40, gained back 60... Yup that is how I got to my current wight of 224. Through dieting. But I digress. Let me get back to my purpose for my response. I learned not to get rid of any of my clothes because I was sure to get back to "that" size eventually. So I sorted the clothes into various sizes and put them into plastic tubs. I marked my weight range in black marker on the lids of each of those tubs and stored them for later use. In theory this was a good idea. A quick way to pull the right tub of clothes based on my current weight as I went into the summer or winter changes. If I currently weighed 180 to 200 lbs, I just looked for the tub with that weight marked on the lid. Well..... We just moved across country and my husband had a bunch of his guy friends help him load the moving van with our stuff. I am sure they had a good laugh reading the tags on each lid. I had many marked 200 to 220. How embarrassing! Oh well, I will be sure to call them when we move again. All those 'big girl' clothes will be gone!! I ain't saving any of them!!!!! That life is going to be permanently behind me. I want to never be embarrassed again because of my size.