Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 6 months out and my weight loss has slowed. How many carbs and calories are u all eating? If anyone is willing to share a sample daily meal plan, that would be appreciated. Thanks.

I try to stay under 70 grams of carbs daily as far as calories I would say stay around 1500 -2000 cals a day. I am also 6 months out. my weight loss has slowed to a crawl. they say the more weight you lose the slower it will come off later.

I just had a five month nutrition visit last week and was told to minimize carbs as much as possible.....maximum 50, 30 is better. She stressed that Protein is still extremely crucial and is keeping my goal at 80 grams....at least 20 per meal and two Protein Snacks. That doesn't leave room for much else except a few low carb veggies. No more than one serving of non-starchy fruit per day. I found out that my idea of serving (like a whole apple) and her idea of serving (1/2 an apple) are very different. The protein is to come from real food not made in a factory, and no more than one shake per day.

Read that to mean that one large banana has to last 3 days, but I can have berries nearly to my hearts content. Oh well, I am in this to change my life, so I will just keep plugging away. She also reminded me to do some kind of exercise every day, outdoors to get vitamn D sunshine if possible. Strength training 2X a week.

So, I find myself eating meat, cheese, ricotta, yogurt, eggs, nuts, etc, I love tuna, but have trouble swallowing it post-op. It was suggested to try smoked salmon, or to put my tuna in the blender to break it down some more. Last night my boyfriend made baked chicken breast stuffed with ham, swiss, asiago, ricotta and spinach and hollandaise. It was unbelievably delicious and packed with protein.

He is so creative and supportive. A couple of weeks ago, he made lasagna, but used roasted zuchinni slices layered in with the meat, cheese, and sauce instead of noodles. He has made pizza with long eggplant slices (roasted) covered with pizza topings and cheese, then baked til the cheese melts. He has shown me that there are many ways to take our old favorites and customize them to suit our new diets. bread is off the menu. Actually it smells like a brewery to me now. I want to gag when I am around it. He is experimenting to create a recipe for a low carb sugar free ice cream that would be suitable for me.

He also made me a dessert made with ricotta, cinnamon, sweetener, and dark chocolate chips. So, even the yummy stuff has protein in it. But even at five months, Miss Tummy reminds me daily that she is not nearly as big as I think she is. My eyes and tastes buds still want the old portions that were rediculous. If I go much past 1/2 cup of food at one sitting, she objects. At one cup, I have a belly ache for four hours. My instructions are to reign in my calories at 800 because my body still resists losing weight if I go much over that. So that comes out to 200 per meal, and two 100 calories Snacks.< /p>

Good luck with your kitchen adventures. Our new eating plans do not have to be boring. Just put your apron and your thinking cap on and get to cooking. Have you ever watched Rachel Ray's show where she cooks a weeks worth of meals in one day? Do that if you can, and make your adjustments during the week. My NUT also said the same thing that jaysleever just said: the more I lose, the slower the weight loss will be. It is normal and expected. I wish the best and suggest that if you come up with something delicious or some happy accident in the kitchen, please share it with us.

I keep my carbs under 60 and my calories under 850 unless I've had a big exercise day. Here is what I ate yesterday:

early morning snacks: Chike iced Protein coffee shake made with 1 scoop Chike + 1 cup Carb Master milk; 3 cups coffee

breakfast: sirloin wrap and yogurt. Sirloin wrap was 1.75 oz sirloin wrapped in a romaine lettuce leaf with garlic mustard and sugar free pickle relish. Yogurt was 1/2 container Chobani Simply 100 pineapple Greek yogurt.

Lunch: 2 Trader Joe's turkey meatballs nuked with a little garlic marinara, 3/4 cup broccoli florets oven roasted with garlic, pepper, salt, and shredded parmesan.

Mid-afternoon snack: mochaccino Protein Shake made with 1/2 scoop Champion whey Stack + 1 cup Carb Master milk

Dinner: buffalo shrimp and roasted brussels sprouts. Buffalo shrimp was 3 large frozen shrimp, sauteed and then added to a sauce made of melted blue cheese and hot sauce. About 3/4 c. brussels sprouts.

After dinner snacks: 2 tablespoons chili lime roasted garbanzo Beans, 10 cherries.

I did a fair amount of exercise yesterday so I ended up slightly over on carbs at 62. I count ALL carbs, not net carbs and I do add in carbs for my Vitamins, Calcium, etc. I track them all.

Calories: 841, carbs: 62, protein: 105.

If anyone wants to friend me on MFP, my username there is SibylDiane.

PS: yes, my favorite food group is garlic. Well, maybe garlic and coffee are tied!

Edited by Bufflehead