Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what did the nutritionist say?!

Okay now I can have meals that weigh 7oz total. basically 4oz meat 3oz veggies. also i can have a snack so instead of eating a snack I have a veggie smoothie made with the nutribullet. I have to be careful not to eat any trigger foods for a snack. I listen to my body and it really depends what I put in my body as far as food is concerned. Determines what craving I will have. So I stay away from simple carbs. Only dairy carbs. for Cereal or a greek yogurt. It was suggested that I do a food journal however I eat the same foods and portions everyday every week. maybe twice a week Ill have a sandwich which consists of 2 slices whole grain bread and 5oz of deli meat mainly chicken turkey or ham. I still have my 2 cups of caffeinated coffee in the morning however I make sure I drink lots of Water during the course of the day. Oh I have special k Protein dry cereal in the morning I let the cereal soak up the milk and eat it careful not to take to much milk with the cereal.

Can you eat 7 oz??

I think I would die... Like, just explode.

Can you eat 7 oz?? I think I would die... Like, just explode.

Right! I was told to stay around four ounces.

well basically I eat anywhere from 5oz to 7oz I have to make sure I get enough Protein without using Protein shakes are supplements. but yeah I can eat 7oz of food. 4oz meat 3oz veggies veggies are no big deal they are easy on the stomach.

so tell me if your meals are 4oz only how are you supposed to get your 70grams Protein in daily without Protein shakes or supplements? because thats the goal isnt it to get your nutrition naturally? So if your meal is only meat where is the veggies? So if lets say your meal consists of 3oz meat 1 oz veggies. Breakfast is either dry cereal or 2 eggs or even a greek yogurt if you add up the protein your still not getting adequate protein intake.

Edited by jaysleeve

It's doable. I promise. If you just eat 3 meals per day, that's over 60 grams of protein- so with 2 Snacks (at about 10 grams each), it's pretty easy.

But that being said, not everyone has the rule of no supplements.

I'm saying I can't eat 7 oz... As in physically impossible (it's not a rule I put on myself).

okay so basically what your indicating to me is that your eating more than 3 times a day. interesting. what I do is I made my own rule that I will only eat 3 meals a day. and my snack will consist of Fluid consistency because I dont want to start eating more than 3 meals because that could be a trigger for potential grazing in the future. plus my snack will count towards my total Fluid intake. because for me is that I use to eat more than 3 times a day and thats what led to me being obese to begin with. But I respect another persons choices.

I'm glad to see what we're doing works for both of us.

Edited by Mrs.RRn

Congrats to both of you. You have both been incredibly successful with your weight loss and it just goes to show there's more than one way to make this work. I'm just over 5 months out and hit my surgeon's goal this week. I'm more in the boat of RRn in that I can't physically eat more than 4 oz of meat or meat/veggies at a time. I just have too much restriction. 1 egg with a tbls of cheese or meat would max me out. I was stuffed on 1 BBQ rib and 3 brussel sprouts last night. I eat at least 5-6 times a day and still get at least 30-40g Protein from a shake. The shake also adds 32 oz towards my Fluid intake, so it's a win-win. I vary the shakes so the Protein source includes sprouted seeds, eggs, and soy, not just whey isolate.

Other than a short stint of a little lactose intolerance that has passed, I have not had any problems with anything I put in my sleeve and I always hit protein first...chicken, beef, ham, eggs, mixed nuts, pork, Greek yogurt, cheese, fish, seafood. I eat a little veggies everyday, drink V8 juice and usually mix berries or peaches or a banana in my Protein Shakes.< /p>

We all just have to find what works for each of us and it sounds like both of you have.