Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what can YOU not eat?

Hi all, I am going to ask some silly questions. I am not banded yet, scheduled for June 7. I looked on the terms list but I did not seen these and have read them many times in different posts. Maybe you can help, it is scaring me a bit:

slimming and pbing? PB's?

Help...please.

Hey asking questions is how we learn--

A PB, is an acronym for Productive Burp. It is a nice way of saying throw up. It differs from the throwing up we do pre band because there are no stomach acids involved. Just mucus (slime) and the chewed food.

Sliming....usually precedes a PB. When your body senses something is not going to pass easily, or you overeat, and there is nowhere for the food to go, your body begins producing huge amounts of slime---a very thick, very gooey mucus, to try to help slide the offending food through. The problem arises in the fact that your pouch is already full, and there is too much to swallow, so spitting is about the only hope to avoid the slime causing a full blown PB.

If you are still confused---just ask!

Kat

The things I have learned I cant eat.... Not that I PB, but because I have lost taste for them since banding, or they now make me nausious.

Pickles

pudding

milk

clams

chicken

green Beans

chocolate

strawberries and any other berry that has seeds

potato... just doesnt do it for me anymore

Thanks Kat! I set to be banded 04-26-07 and am starting to freak out,,I'm scared and not sure if I am going to go thru with it. I can definatly live with out donuts!

Good Luck Lucygirl you are been banded on my birthday

Here's wishing you to a speed recovery and no gas pain

Here's the links to a few of the many other threads on here that ask this same question. I found them by using the search function, going to advanced search and using a title search for the word: foods.

I list these so that you can have the opportunity to see some of the other responses people have made in the past. Yours is a really good question, so in addition to what people may respond to this thread, here are the links to some of what other people have said:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/have-give-up-t30356.html?t=30356

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/foods-avoid-t29615.html?t=29615

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/foods-question-t27793.html?t=27793

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/foods-can-never-t29227.html?t=29227

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/list-foods-lbanders-t27656.html?t=27656

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/foods-cant-you-t24133.html?t=24133

Hope this helps you out, and good luck! I can't wait for my surgery day!

I would have liked to read those past posts that you made the links for, but I got an error message with each one.

I am having most meats stick really badly. I haven't pbed but it hurts a lot until it finally goes down or through or whatever it does.

Was anyone else able to use these links?

I'm getting ready to move back to real food next week, and a little iffy about what I will and won't be able to eat. I know a lot of people I've talked with have said they've had a problem with rice, and I'm REALLY hoping I'm not one of them as I'm really excited to only have to eat 1 rolls of sushi to fill me up instead of 3! I even found a sushi restaurant that offers the healthier option of brown rice sushi. That's all still a ways away for me though, as my doctor reccomends staying away from rice until 8 weeks post-op. I have no qualms about having sashimi instead though. :)

My nutritionist said I can still keep a similar diet to what I was doing before- eggs for Breakfast (1 yolk, 2 whites and some low-fat cheese), and sandwich for lunch, and a Lean Cuisine/Slmi Fast microwave meal that has at LEAST 20 grams of Protein (I work nights, so I either have to eat one of those if I want a hot meal, or bring my own salad). My mother and I were arguing how "hard" the bread needs to be- I was under the assumption that if it's lightly toasted it might be okay, but she says it needs to be seriously, toasted and hard. : I'm not a fan of wraps, but I think I can do a whole-grain pita if I have to.

I'm mostly scared a bit of learning where my limits are and the chance of "PB"'ing. I've been on liquids since the surgery, and I've never had a "full" feeling, just not being hungry after I drink a shake or some Water. :

A lot of people do have trouble with bread. You might be able to eat it if you haven't had a fill yet. Everyone does say to toast it. I ate some stuffed grape leaves even after I had my fill, but they don't have much rice in there. they are ground meat and rice.

Thanks everyone, Glad to see so far there isnt anything cant live with!

I had my firstPB with a tiny piece of chicken milanese....flaming golf ball in chest....quickly expelled. Other than that so far so good.

Knock on Wood, I have not had a PB. (I have not had a fill yet though. I am set for my first fill on May 9th, more then two months after my surgery.) I have not had any problems with foods. I take small bites and chew very slowly and thoroughly. Since the surgery my tastes have changed. Not being able to eat a lot makes you want the food that you can eat to be worth it. I use smaller plates and flatware to help with Portion Control.

I made an interesting discovery today. I've never had a problem with spaghetti or lasagne, but today I figured out I cant eat spiral Pasta. Ouch! Its very very hard to get down.

Two months to the day I was banded I had my first PB:hungry:

OH MY GOD THE AGONY THE PAIN THE EMBARRASSMENT:faint:

and it happen in a restaurant on a salad of all things it went

down and turn around at the same time by the time I got to

the bathroom door salad was everywhere the poor little

girl that was in front of me went running out

My family had to pack their dinner to go and before we could

get half way home my poor DH and to pull off the freeway so

I could go at it again. My stomach hurt so bad the next few days

So no more salad for me. Here is my list of things I can't eat and growing

SALAD

CARROT AND CARROT juice

SHRIMP

CRAB

Pasta

RICE

That is very strange. I have 2.0 in my band and I eat salad all the time. I had a chicken salad for dinner tonight. I was chicken breast, and a lot of people say they can't eat chicken breast. I am getting another fill, so I wonder what I won't be able to eat after that.

That is very strange. I have 2.0 in my band and I eat salad all the time. I had a chicken salad for dinner tonight. I was chicken breast, and a lot of people say they can't eat chicken breast. I am getting another fill, so I wonder what I won't be able to eat after that.

Everyone is different, there is no way to tell what you'll be able to eat and what you won't. It's completely individual.