Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 28 - 31st sleevers?

I've seen gas x strips and also told to ask nurse for an abdominal binder. Suppose to help with the moving as apposed to holding your pillow. Worth a shot anyways. Got the wonderful call to be at hospital at 5:30 am for a 7:15 surgery .. ugh! Plus I'm the first of the day .. not sure how to feel about that one lol

The abdominal binder is a lifesaver! I was sleeved today and they put one on me before I got in the recovery room. My pain is only about a 3 w/meds and I've been walking every hour.

I've seen gas x strips and also told to ask nurse for an abdominal binder. Suppose to help with the moving as apposed to holding your pillow. Worth a shot anyways. Got the wonderful call to be at hospital at 5:30 am for a 7:15 surgery .. ugh! Plus I'm the first of the day .. not sure how to feel about that one lol

I just talked to the nurse on my arrival time. I asked about Gas X. She said she rarely sees people with gas bubble issues. The doctors are getting so well and getting it out. I guess the gas is in the cavity so gas strips wouldn't help. Now this was via the recovery nurse.

Just so everyone knows, here's the link for the new thread in the post-op forum:

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/308820-may-28-31st-sleeve-week/

Thanks again to @@lylabelle!

My surgery is actually in CO on Thurs.

Nerves seem to be OK but I still can't imagine how I'll feel the week after surgery. Will I feel like going out for short outings, how far can I walk and how often should I walk? Will I sleep a lot or just lay around with no energy sipping little sips of Protein Drinks and Water? How many sips of a drink will make me full? So many unknowns...

I just talked to the nurse on my arrival time. I asked about Gas X. She said she rarely sees people with gas bubble issues. The doctors are getting so well and getting it out. I guess the gas is in the cavity so gas strips wouldn't help. Now this was via the recovery nurse.

During my pre-op appointment, maybe I'll ask doc to suction the gas back out, and take a few fat cells with it!

I had my surgery yesterday. The pain isn't too bad but I've been very nauseous. I've had anti nausea meds in my IV. The nausea gets worse when I try to lie back. Haven't walked yet. I was in recovery until 8:00 pm waiting for a bed even though my surgery was at 9:50 am. I haven't had any gas pain. Lips are really chapped. Can't get any rest because of the nausea. Hopefully today is better.

Sorry New Tee. I usually have nausea with surgery due to anesthesia. So I received extra anti nausea medication. So far only very brief nausea with ice chips. Start sipping fluids today post day 1. Looks like homeward bound later today as long as liquid pain medication works. Hang in there new tee!

OMG it's Tomorrow. Not sure what to pack for

My hospital overnight. I really hope I'm not very late in the day. That might make me a little crazy.

Thanks Monte. Today was the first day I could have liquids. The nausea is gone and I don't have much pain. I'm not taking any pain meds. I've been walking so I haven't had any gas pain. If I don't have problems with the liquids today I'll go home tonight or tomorrow morning.

Sleeved on Tuesday. All went well. Have some pain and some nausea. Started on liquids and came home yesterday. Today is Thursday and was going to go back to work today, but was in pain this morning. This afternoon I feel pretty good. Really hard eating and drinking what I am suppose to. I feel almost normal and it really is like 48 hours since surgery.

Cnilson that's great news! I have to be back to work 5 days post op do I've been hoping everyone comes out saying is a piece of cake. :-)

Landed in San Diego, waiting for the other couple that are coming and the driver. It's a 2hr drive down to the hospital in mexicali. I've read a ton of reviews from nurses about how is the cleanest hospital they have been to, so I'm looking forward to checking out out.

Looks like a lot of you are going home the same day or next day. I think that's big one reason I chose this surgeon. He likes to keep people 3 nights in the hospital. I'm a single mom.... I really need someone else taking care of me those first few days and my 6 year old isn't quite going to cut it :-)

Hope all you 29ers are in surgery or prepped to go!

I flew into San Diego on Thursday afternoon. Had surgery on Friday. The first few hours after surgery were the toughest for me. Within 5-6 hours I was up walking and started feeling pretty good. My pain level was low and dropped to no pain once the drain came out. I am ready to fly home tomorrow. I just got from walking 3 blocks to a Wal-Mart with no problem.

Glad to hear you ladies are sleeved. Every day gets easier.