Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Rhode Island/New England area?

@@BeckyP123, once my NUT appts and other prelims were done, they submitted my file to insurance. I was approved the next week, then an appt was made with Dr. Pohl to go over the surgery one more time and discuss any findings from the workup. At that point he was scheduling out 1 mo for the appt, then 1-2 months from then for the surgery. And I couldn't book the surgery without speaking to him first in person, so that was annoying. Since I absolutely needed to have the surgery done before July for work purposes, Mary was able to squeeze me into the pre-op appt the next week, instead of a month later. Then after the appt it took a week before they called me with a surgery date, 6 weeks out. So once the NUT appts are done you are likely looking at 2-3 months till surgery. Though I believe that they are hiring a second surgeon soon, so that may cut down on the wait time! Good luck!

Thank you Jess! That is frustrating- I get that we would have to see dr pohl again, but he is so booked. I lost my job and am not working right now, and was hoping to get it done before my unemployment runs out and hoping to get it done before I found a job. I don't want to get a job and then request time off. They probably wouldn't allow me to do it. My insurance requires nutritionist appointments be one month apart, so I can't get them done any sooner. I was really hoping to get this done during the summer. Oh well, have to follow protocol :-(. Thank you for the update and I wish you the best! Keep us posted!

Congrats Jess and magnificent! Would love to hear your progress! I have two nutrition appts then I schedule surgery. Don;t know how long the wait will be. I also have Dr. Pohl!

I called Mary (my coordinator) today to inform her I was done with everything. I left a message hopefully she'll contact me tomorrow. I'm shocked to hear that @@lessofjess said just to get the follow up appointment is a month. I knew after the follow up appointment the actual surgery would be scheduled 6-8 weeks out. I was looking to have the surgery done in late June, July the latest ... Now that doesn't even seem in sight. My dad actually knows Dr. Pohl personally & works at RWMC as a physician, so I was able to expedite all of my other appointments but I doubt they'll be anything he can do at this point.

Guest sleeveinri

Hi everyone! I am from Bristol and just met with my surgeon dr pohl. I have done all my tests and so now I just wait for my surgery date I am nervous and very excited!

Hi! Hi everyone! Just met with dr pohl. I have done all my tests and so now I just wait for my surgery date I am nervous and very excited!

Hi! Hi everyone! Just met with dr pohl. I have done all my tests and so now I just wait for my surgery date I am nervous and very excited!

Congratulations!!! Who was your surgeon coordinator? Also, how did it take you to get a follow up appointment after insurance approval?

hi magnificent! My surgeon coord is Mary I am guessing? I got a followup about two weeks after my approval. Thank you for the congrats! now I wait until my date- hope it's soon!!!

;)

hi magnificent! My surgeon coord is Mary I am guessing? I got a followup about two weeks after my approval. Thank you for the congrats! now I wait until my date- hope it's soon!!!

;)

She's my surgeon coordinator too! How long did your insurance take for approval after her claim submission to the insurance ?

I want to say it took two weeks

Hi there!!! I am from Massachusetts. I just went to the seminar yesterday and have my first Dr. Appointment next Thursday.

Hello I live in Fall River Good luck on your journey

Hey New Englanders!!! Updates! A lot of people were at the very beginning of the process when this thread started. Where are you now? Did you have the surgery? How has your progress been over the past few months?

Things have been great for me. I'm in Charlestown, RI and here are my stats:

HW 425

SW 333

CW 170

RNY 12/3/14 Dr. Ryder at Miriam Center for Bariatric Surgery. I highly recommend my surgeon and this facility.

Where are you? post-206937-14545820971087_thumb.jpg

Hi! I'm from Western MA. I rushed like a maniac in November, 2015, when we finally got good insurance, to get all the prerequisites done (blood work, Dr. appointments, sleep apnea study, support group meetings,) and did all but the NUT, psych, and meeting with the surgeon before 12/31/15 -- only to lose bariatric coverage in insurance starting 2016.

Aghhh!!!

I will not be deterred. I'm buying a supplemental BCBS policy (I'm self-employed, so can buy it outside the 1/31 deadline,) and will have the surgery through this policy.

I've done 2 NUT appointments, one left (I think,) psych eval was supposed to be this week but was postponed until March (!), and I'm hoping/praying by then I can meet the surgeon and schedule the surgery so I know what timetable I'm looking at for taking time off from work. I *thought* I'd be looking at March, but now I'm guessing April or May may be more realistic.

Until I get a surgery date, it doesn't seem quite real. I'm logging faithfully in MFP, meal planning, weighing food, working out 2-3x a week, doing pretty good re-learning how to chew and eat/drink in shifts, but that's definitely the hardest thing to work on, I think.

I haven't given up coffee yet. I think that's going to be the last thing to tweak. No sense torturing myself and everyone around me as an uncaffeinated mess yet!

My eye is on the new Fitbit coming out in March; have the Aria scale and love it. I'm so excited to make a change and finally become the best version of me I possibly can be. I have two young children I had late in life and a loving husband who likes me any way I am, but I'd like to keep buzzing around for decades to come as a busy and productive partner and parent.

Saying a prayer I get sleeved by May!

Hi all! I was sleeved 5/13/15 by Dr. Pohl.

HW 325

SW 286

CW 209

Everything is going well. My Iron deficiency anemia (battled for years before surgery) is gone! Off bp meds, metformin (for pre diabetes), and no more sleep apnea. At my 6 month checkup my Vitamin A level was slightly low, but that was the first time they checked that Vitamin, so who knows what it was before surgery! But my latest bloodwork shows it in the normal range.

I stalled out pretty bad (even gained some) over the holidays, but I'm back on track now and the weight is dropping again. I'm hopeful to be in onederland before my next GP Dr. visit in March, that would be so awesome!