Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This forum is dangerous

I second everything that everyone has said here. I am pre-banded and without this forum, I don't know where I would be. I absorb everyone elses stories, expreriences, etc and then decifer them for myself. No offense, I love my doctor, but he isn't banded nor has he had bypass surgery, so for me, this is the best place to come for real life experiences.

Am I missing something here?? When you join a forum and you post a question, are you not supposed to expect answers???? And if the answers aren't what you want to hear, shouldn't you just figure it's not for you and quietly slip away?? What's the purpose in aggravating people as you stomp out the door?? :drama:

LOLOLOLOL! :) :clap2:

What indeed?

I've been on lists where people do exactly that. They're usually called trolls, as their sole purpose is to try to shut down the list. Or they're looking for attention, hoping people will beg them to stay on.

I'm not saying that's the case here, but in general.

I agree that this forum is dangerous...as in ADDICTIVE! :)

Thank you all for your wonderful advice and support!

What really amazes me while reading this thread is how differently many of us approach "band life". For me, I couldn't live with:

WASaBubbleButt's diet of "tuna and Protein shakes"

Dislexi's meal portions of "1/4 c. per meal"

Or Chickie's "5 splurges in two years"

FOR ME, those are ALL extreme choices. But, those are your choices, and although they wouldn't work for me, it's not up to me to judge you.

Tami

What really amazes me while reading this thread is how differently many of us approach "band life". For me, I couldn't live with:

WASaBubbleButt's diet of "tuna and Protein shakes"

Dislexi's meal portions of "1/4 c. per meal"

Or Chickie's "5 splurges in two years"

FOR ME, those are ALL extreme choices. But, those are your choices, and although they wouldn't work for me, it's not up to me to judge you.

Tami

No, mine is due to band challenges. Not by choice. But, it happens to be working so I'm dealing with it.

I have not touched pizza in 28 months. And I do not intend to, so no need to find a fast food place. But I am not blind. I see the pizza boxes coming out of the stores. The grease on the bottom of the box is enough for me to see that it is not healthy.

But hey, I am not the food police, for anyone (not even my husband who needs it) All I do is make choices for me. I was just pointing out that generally speaking, pizza is not healthy.

And I am down 183lbs in 18 months (8 months at goal) Was I wrong to exclude fat laden foods from my diet? I don't think so.

CHICKIE--Congratulations! I'm new to all this and haven't read about your success before!! You're an inspiration to those of us who have a bunch to lose!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Dislexi if you are still visiting this forum,please know we are all adults.Hopefully we all have common sense we are able to use at our discretion. This site is a blessing to those of us who are not able to go to support group meetings,to those of us who don't have support from family/friends on this journey to get healthy.Not to be mean or nasty but why not stick around and provide positive input as well as the negative?

No, mine is due to band challenges. Not by choice. But, it happens to be working so I'm dealing with it.

So sorry! I just went and read your story. Dang, girl, that truly sucks. I hope the spasms pass with the meds, and you can get down some food!

Tami

How do you spell ridiculous and apparently? People who live in glass houses....

Hehe. I was going to point that out but wasn't sure I wanted to get in this fray. I think the thread should have been stopped when the first name calling began--that is uncalled for. This is a SUPPORT group and this thread is not supportive.

Hopefully, we all realize that this is a support group, not a medical intervention. I think most people here still seek the advice of their surgeon/doctor when complications arise, but there is also great value in talking to others who understand the way it feels to be overweight, the challenges of being approved for surgery, the emotions around the process, etc. I also agree that we all do things differently. Even if we follow our doctors orders to the tee, I have seen much conflicting information between doctors. Pre-op diets vary, post-op recommendations are different, etc. Let's just drop it(I know, I know, I'm not helping)

People,people people! Let's all take a moment to remember why we are here.......to support our choice to become healthy by losing weight.We all have opinions ummm to quote somebody "opinions are like ( 0 ) we all have one. No one is perfect and sometimes we have to eat the wrong foods to learn to eat the better choices.I happen to be a person who had to learn the hard way.(Bread,pizza fast food etc not my friend)

I won't be back so you don't have to worry about that but on my way out please consider this. I am shocked at the number of persons who have only been banded days giving advice to others. There is even advice from those who are not banded yet.

My Dr. required me to attend a seminar I remember a large man there intrupting the Dr. with questions that were or would be answered if he would just listen. He finished by anouncing to the Dr. and the room that he would be the first there to undergo the surgery because "after all I have folding money" (big laugh) After the Dr. left the room he advised us all to "hit the nearest buffet and eat all we could while we still can".

The point is, if soneone comes on to this forum with a question about living with the band, shouldn't it be answered by those who have learned through experience? Can advice like "I was banded 10 days ago and I can eat pizza" really be helpful? or "I consider the band a saftey net"? Just asking.....

Peace be with you, and here's wishing you all the happiness in life. Alexandra (dislexi)

Welcome back Kotter!:biggrin1:

I don't think you should eat pizza so soon after banding either, and I choose to refrain from eating it all together.

This forum is not dangerous. We are all adults, and you make the correct decisions or you don't.

Susannah

You know what I can't spell. Never could. I have an IQ of over 150 and have previously been a member of MENSA. I do know the difference between imply and infer. I like my wine. I did not "lecture" anyone, I also know the meaning of that word. I am absolutely flattered that so many of you are so facinated with me. THANKS!!!!!