Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TWO weeks out .... Chime in my May buds!

I was sleeved may 7th and am now feeling better about it. I am a baby when it comes to pain so i was not a happy caper the first 4 days. I cried a lot too. Not sure if it was the anastasia side affects (I read this can happen) or just the realization that I finally had the surgery I was working for 6 months to get. I went thru my difficult days and now.am feeling great. I'm so happy I've done it and I've lost 19 pounds since. I am on the Clear Liquids for a month so in 2 weeks I'll get to go to puree. My doctor does one month at a time. liquids, puree, soft foods then regular foods. I'm don't seem to like anything sweet anymore (popsicles, Jello, power aid - all sugar free of course) they seem to be too tastey so I stick to Water. And I have a very hard time getting my Protein liquid down. Again I am a baby, so if I can get thru it anyone can.

I had nausea so bad after surgery for the frist to days I had mine done may 12th and I'm down 15 pounds 21 if I include my pe op diet it got better after the frist few days id ask ur doctor if they could give u something to help with it

I'm also a 5/5r. I'm down 20.4 pounds. Yay. My biggest struggle is this week. I moved to full liquid, mashed potato, hard boiled smashed eggs etc. I'm so weak. My breath is horrible and everything tastes strange. I finally had 3oz of Atkins Protein Shake and I actually feel alittle better. I had my first emotional buyers remorse last night. I went shopping for some more variety and I felt faint and miserable. I watched someone in the parking lot enjoying a piece of pizza and I just started crying. I wanted to eat normally and feel strong again. My doctor, Dr.Higa, Fresno,Ca...runs a very strict and precise schedule. I'm sticking to it but it's hard. My husband mentioned that I may need to hit a post op support grp meeting.....I think he is right. I'm just so tired and run down. I Am getting my liquids in.....easy because I'm so thirsty. Has anyone else had the bad breath, nasty taste.

Support groups are wonderful. I can't wait until the next meeting of our local one (I'd been attending prior to surgery, and am looking forward to going back) It definitely helps being around others who have the same restrictions.

(I have definitely noticed a nasty taste in my mouth as well.)

I had my sleeve 5/14, almost a week ago! No nausea at all, and no dumping except for one time I drank my Protein Shake too fast and it went right through me. The pain is minor -- I feel a little tenderness when I sit up in bed. I guess the big thing is that I'm low on energy. I can walk easily, but I'm not quite up to going back to my regular household tasks. Water should help, but it's harrrrd to drink all that water; there don't seem to be enough hours in the day to get in the water and the Protein and everything else. I estimate I'm down about 10 pounds now, although it's hard to tell because my digital scale at home is off by a few pounds. When I get back to the gym I'll use the analog scale in the changing room instead.

I was sleeved on 5/6 and down 22.4lbs as of today. I am struggling with getting all my liquids in but pushing myself cause I definitely don't want to go back due to dehydration. Overall I feel good although I agree with the taste in my mouth and also feelings of nausea certain mornings so I make sure I take my protonics early. 5 more days before I can start on puréed food! I also feel a drop in energy in the afternoon that a Protein Drink helps with a lot. Good luck everyone as we continue on.

Edited by QueenA

May 7th here! I'm out two weeks today! I'm doing pretty great. The first few days were difficult. I spent 3 nights at the hospital because I couldn't get anything down and they wanted me to stay hooked up to the IV. The doctor required that we get 1oz Protein and 2 oz liquid each hour before we could be released. (This was a military hospital, so I don't think it was as big of a deal that I was there for so long). I was also very nauseated, I'm thinking partially because of my pain meds, because I remember that with my c-section. So I got them to give me a dose of Zofran by IV with each dose of medicine, and that helped a lot.

After I got home things turned around quickly and I felt better and better each day! I'm now to the point that I sometimes feel like I didn't even have surgery...until I drink something too fast. LOL I'm still on the modified liquid stage. One more week and I'll be moving to the mushed food stage. I can't waiiiiiiit! haha I miss chewing on my food.< /p>

I've been walking a lot, since day 1. Even if I needed help, I was up and about. I try to take atleast one walk around the block each day with my son. My fitbit flex helps me keep track of how many steps I'm taking, and motivates me to keep moving.

I've had a few moments of bereavement over food I couldn't eat. I mean, did my family REALLY have to order pizza? haha The last few days have been a little more difficult. I think because I'm just so over shakes, and because it's "shark week". ;)

Lost 32lbs overall, 12lb since surgery. H: 5'4" HW 260, SW 240, CW 228

I forgot to mention... Everyone's bad breath is being caused by "ketosis". It's when your body is in fat burning mode. I'm not an expert (LOL), so check it out on Google. :)

I was two weeks out on Tuesday! Down 24 pounds total, 11 since surgery. Had my first follow-up appt. today, my surgeon says I'm doing great. No pain to speak of anymore... I was off of the pain meds after a few days at home.

I'm already on soft foods, and am having a little trouble figuring out when I'm full. I think it's because I'm literally never hungry, so when I do eat it's like I go from being not hungry, to being stuffed... I downloaded the "Eat slower" app, and set it for three minutes between bites. That helps, but still, three or four bites is my limit. According to my surgeon after four weeks, I should be able to eat 1/2 cup, or 4 oz per meal, but right now I can't even imagine eating that much. A tablespoon or so is my limit, and I usually feel like I'm going to throw up after that. Anyway, glad to hear others are doing well, let's keep each other updated!

I'm also a 5/5r. I'm down 20.4 pounds. Yay. My biggest struggle is this week. I moved to full liquid, mashed potato, hard boiled smashed eggs etc. I'm so weak. My breath is horrible and everything tastes strange. I finally had 3oz of Atkins Protein Shake and I actually feel alittle better. I had my first emotional buyers remorse last night. I went shopping for some more variety and I felt faint and miserable. I watched someone in the parking lot enjoying a piece of pizza and I just started crying. I wanted to eat normally and feel strong again. My doctor, Dr.Higa, Fresno,Ca...runs a very strict and precise schedule. I'm sticking to it but it's hard. My husband mentioned that I may need to hit a post op support grp meeting.....I think he is right. I'm just so tired and run down. I Am getting my liquids in.....easy because I'm so thirsty. Has anyone else had the bad breath, nasty taste.

I too had Dr. Higa do my surgery on 2/2014. Hang in there.. It gets better I promise. I too went through the sale exact thing also. My first trip to the grocery store was horrible. I never felt so weak and wanting food. I went through about a week of remorse and hating my decision. It's normal and just let your mind adjust and run the emotions. When you get onto week four and five life gets better. I'm four months out and could eat anything. Dr. Higa is an excellent surgeon and knows his stuff. Follow his plan and don't eat anything you shouldn't the first few weeks. I did start eating foods with sugar such as popcicle and gatoraid. The little sugar gave me extra energy I needed and I still lost 40lbs in two months.

<p>I was sleeved on May 6th and really had virtually no post op pain. I was up and walking almost right out of recovery. My problem is nausea, I just can't get rid of the nausea. Nothing helps. Having trouble getting in all my liquids and my Protein too. It is just a lot to handle all at once. I was down 13 pounds my first week, and I have not weighed myself since. Anyone else having the nausea issues?</p>

I had nausea bad but it was more like motion sickness. They put a patch behind me ear and that took care it so much more than Zofran!

The doctor changed my GERD medicine from omerprazole to Prevacid, and that has helped ease the nausea some. I am also on Zofran and Reglan. Combined they are working to get rid of the nausea as it is not as bad as it was, but it is still there and frustrating. I am down 33 pounds since May6th and 58 pounds counting the preop diet.

Other than GERD I am doing well. I am close to 40 pounds total loss. I hope to get more exercise this next week. Getting enough Water is my downfall.