Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TWO weeks out .... Chime in my May buds!

I was sleeved 2 weeks ago tom (5/5), just want to give my update, mostly hoping to catch up with peeps who were sleeved on or about 5/5.

Thankfully, I am happy to report I am feeling pretty good!! Began my pureeds about 2 days ago and so far, so good. Tonight I just had a small piece of grilled fish filet and a 1/2 teaspoon of mashed sweet potato, then went for a 30 minute walk and feel great!

Trying to stay hydrated is hard because I forget so trying to increase that. Taking all my chewable vitamins and walking. I've slept a full 8 hours for the past 2 nights which is wonderful!

I'm still not working, another 2 weeks, I need to feel 100% great and make sure I go into a regular diet by then, in very small portions of course!

Hope my early May peeps are all doing well, feel free to chime in and tell us how you are doing. Have a great week everyone, God Bless!!

Hi Comeflywithme!

I was also sleeved May 5 and my experience has been mixed. Getting a little better each day though. The first five days were pretty tough and I could hardly keep anything down, but now I'm pretty much on track. Gotta get my sleep back on track, because I'm still waking up 2-3 times a night. I use a CPAP which is a help and a hindrance and has been a factor in my sleep quality. Doing pretty well on the pureed phase and looking forward to having more energy every day. Can't wait to work in the yard! Keep me posted on your progress.

I'm a may 5th sleever too. I went back to work on the12thand am doing pretty good. I have been walking and doing my recumbent bike 30 min/day. I find that walking after dinner helps to settle my dinner better since I started the puree. Tonight I made a Crockpot high Protein taco Soup so that I can eat with my family. It smells amazing and I can't wait, mostly because shakes are getting more and more difficult to gag down.

I have only been on this site a couple of days and am about 1 month away from VGS surgery. Posts like yours help me immensely because they have very real information with no whining LOL, Many of the things you mention, staying hydrated, Vitamins exercise are all concerns of mine. I love hearing that you are sleeping 8 hours. How was your post op pain?

I have a very high pain threshold, so I was off the narcotics after 2 days. I just used ibuprofen after that and except for the large incision site am virtually pain free. I found that about days 3-7 that if I wore this (not quite spanx) but like a spandex cotton blend Cami that is meant to smooth things out, the incisions were less painful because they weren't being pulled at the full weight of my belly roll. That's probably the best advice I have.

Thank you ALL for your updates, love it!!! As for my post-op update Lora, I walked 2 hours after surgery, then made a point to walk every 3 hours or so while in the hospital. I really was not in much pain at all, my incisions were a little sore but I didn't have to use any pain meds! Once home, the gas and bloating was uncomfortable but gas X and walking helped, the walking more than anything!! I drank my Protein Shakes very slowly, sips of Water too, sugar free pops and sugar free Jello. I honestly began to feel beter on day 4, and much better on day 7! I slept on a recliner the first 2 days then propped up with pillows till 3 days ago. Now I sleep normaly, even on my side!! :)

I started pureeds 2 days ago, including oatmeal and had an egg yesterday, no issues and I walk immediately after eating!

My best advise Lora is walk walk walk and patience, first 3 -5 days are a bit rough but nothing unbearable. Good Luck!!

Also sleeved on 5/5 and feeling better everyday. I am also in purée food and enjoying more variety since u can only stand to drink one shake a day . I have to remind myself to stay within the 1/4 cup serving or my tummy definitely reminds me ;) I'm steady on the weigh loss ( down 10 lbs) since surgery day. Glad I did the preop diet because that helped me lose 7lbs before surgery. Good luck everyone!

I'm so glad I stumbled on this today I haven't been on here in a few days. I was sleeved 5/5 too congrats to us all who made it two weeks were on our way. I've lost 25 lbs since surgery which is very exciting. I had a 3 hour surgery as I had some other issues with intestines and hernias we didn't know about. I have 14 incisions and last Tuesday I got all 30 staples taken out. I'm finally getting a bit better but I'm in a lot if pain from the other stuff that was operated on. I don't get hungry but I'm not sure I'm eating enough. I do try to stay hydrated and eat popsicles all day long lol. I wish going back to work was around the corner but I'll be off 4 to 6 weeks. Lets keep our heads up and do this together.

I'm a may 6'er. I've lost 20lbs and feel great. I'm pain free, walking several miles a day and doing my elliptical. I don't start my puree stage until Wed when I go to my 2wk NUT class, so still full liquids. Looking very forward to eating some food! I had a large hernia repair also and was painful for the first 5 days and woke up on day 6 with markedly less pain and 2 days later practically no pain. Amazing how the body heals. The scale has been amazing to watch because I gained 10 pounds of Fluid in the hospital which was the amount I had lost on my pre op, so I can home May 8 and weighed what I had started at and lost the 20lbs in 10 days. So what are people's favorite pureed stuff to eat?

I was sleeved on May 6th and really had virtually no post op pain. I was up and walking almost right out of recovery. My problem is nausea, I just can't get rid of the nausea. Nothing helps. Having trouble getting in all my liquids and my Protein too. It is just a lot to handle all at once. I was down 13 pounds my first week, and I have not weighed myself since. Anyone else having the nausea issues?

I was sleeved on May 6th and really had virtually no post op pain. I was up and walking almost right out of recovery. My problem is nausea, I just can't get rid of the nausea. Nothing helps. Having trouble getting in all my liquids and my Protein too. It is just a lot to handle all at once. I was down 13 pounds my first week, and I have not weighed myself since. Anyone else having the nausea issues?

I had terrible nausea in the hospital (it's one of the first things I remember saying to them when I was coming out of anesthesia), and I was on anti-nausea needs the whole time in the hospital, but it seems to have eased some (my surgery was 5/15), and I hope it stays away. Have you asked your doc? I remember others mentioning getting meds for the nausea

HI Gang! I'm a May 5th sleever too! Not seeing my Dr. until later this week, but according to the home scale I'm down almost 24 pounds. I have had very little pain, no nausea, and only took 2 pain pills. Still a tender belly, but no big deal. food wise, this weekend I had a few forkfuls of halibut and some mashed potatoes out to dinner with the family. It felt so good to chew! My tummy definitely lets me know when I need to stop. Walking every day. I have so much gurgling and funny tummy noises...I try to distract people with music and discussion. Overall, a pretty good experience. The most difficult thing for me is missing the food and head hunger. Definitely had a few days of buyers remorse on the liquid only phase. I think I'm over that now! Yay!

I started getting nauseous a couple of days ago. I think I need to reevaluate my morning routine to see if it helps. Other than that I'm doing pretty well.

NJ Kelly:

I've had no nausea but had PLENTY of it when I was pregnant (LOL -- I know you're a guy and can't relate but maybe this will help) the only thing that helped me was chewing on ice chips. It was my miracle worker. Try it, hopefully it'll help. Also maybe your tummy is too empty? Try increasing your calories, I know, easier said than done when you're nauseaus. Good Luck! Feel better!!

I was sleeved May 1st. Doing really well. Went back to work at 13 days. Started walking 4-5 miles a day at 2 weeks. And started some arm weights yesterday. I'm in the soft phase already. Ate tuna fish and chicken w a little mayo and saltines. Yup. Hard not to want to wash it down w a coke. I had a dcoke addiction that I quit on April 26th but for some reason craving a coke! Seems hard for me to get in enough Water through the day. I always have to remind myself to go take a sip.

Height 5'11" CW 228 lost 22 pounds/including 1 week liquids