Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DonnaD's countdown

Hi Donna D: We met at the pre op seminar and it was great meeting you. With your upbeat nature your banding should be a cake walk. By now, you will be working on the clear fluids. Keep us posted on how you are doing. Doddie.

or should I say last big day. Either way, this is it. I have my surgery at 1pm. I am pretty calm. I do miss my morning coffee. My mother is pacing back and forth, poor thing, she is more nervous than me.

Thank you for all your kind words and wishes. I was freaking out a bit on Monday nite but I'm good now.

I was a pleasure to meet Jurema and Doddie at the seminar. Doddie you have the most beautiful smile and the warmest heart. ;) Thanks for the big squeeze. Next time you have to come to Toronto you can stay with me.

I'm leaving soon...................I'll see you on the other side:scared:

xoxox

Hi Donna,

As I write this note to you I am thinking you are about 20 mins into your surgery. -=smiles and winks=- you are in my thoughts and prayers as you sleep and journey to the other side...

I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear all about this part of your journey. What an incredible day! The first day of so many more!!

-=smiles again=- I am a little behind you on the path, but I will be there soon! Meet you at the corner, -=winks=-

Donna D my thoughts are with you. I know you will be very successful!

Leslie Lee - Yes, I'm doing Optifast. I don't mind the taste but the killer headache is really getting to me.

Hi Donna D. It's 2:44 and you are probably in recovery at this moment. I hope all went well and that you can tell us all about when you are able.

Thinking of you,

Susan

Leslie Lee - I have neck problems and have had migranes for years. Just an unfortunate coincidence I guess. Also, I usually take Motrin which takes the edge off but the clinic told me I can't take blood thinners two weeks pre-op so I took a Tylenol 3 instead, didn't do much. Oh well, hopefully it will exit soon. Thanks for your concern.

Not sure what you mean by which Optifast. I have chocolate and vanilla flavored Optifast.< /p>

Hi Everyone. No question the pre op is the hardest but there are other difficult moments that you will overcome and each time you overcome them your belief in yourself and self esteem start to rise. I just had my first fill and I am as excited as I was nervous in my pre op. Slowly but surely, I am looking at food to live NOT live to eat food. My time at the clinic Monday, Tuesday were such an uplifting encouraging experience. Out in BC I feel so alone, but it was so wonderful to meet Donna D and Jurema and others to lift me up. The clinic has recommended a doctor in Vancouver who will do my fills and support me. So to Donna D and all others on pre op. Hang in there, it is an exciting road on the other side. Doddie

Donna D

I'm sure everything went well today. I wish I was in your place right now... i hate that I have to still wait a week LOL

Jannet

Jannet,

Contrary to you, I am actually scared that it's only a week away. I still feel very nervous.

Hi everyone. Well I have graduated to the other side. I actually feel really good. I am a bit nervous to stand up straight but I think that's just in my head. I slept on and off during the night. I was able to get in and out of bed by myself. I did get those left shoulder pains that were talked about somewhere in here but I just walked around a bit, released some aaahhh you know "air" took a Gas X and it went away. I had a lovely cup of camomille tea with my crushed meds. yuck. I must remember that I can only take small sips now. I really have to catch myself. So far so good. Things can only get better from here.

Thanks for all your well wishes, you really are a fantastic bunch.

Hey Donna D! Glad to see you are up and around and all went well. Be good to yourself, walk around alot and take care.

Susan

Donna D my thoughts are with you. I know you will be very successful!

Leslie Lee - Yes, I'm doing Optifast. I don't mind the taste but the killer headache is really getting to me.

The headache should subside within the first couple of days. It is likely just a result of coming off the refined carbs. I remember I had a killer headache for the first couple of days. Remember to drink you Water too.

You will be done in no time.

Andrew