Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After everything you've been through?

Eat-the-bleedin-pop-tart.

You deserve that much!!!

You're at Panera bread and I'm in a real dilemma. I'm the group coordinator for support in Brevard County, FL. I tried to get one of the libraries for us to meet, they are booked for the entire summer for children's programs. So, I found a place called the Sunrise Bread Company. They sell coffee and all types of bread products. Anyway, they have a free room upstairs we can use no purchase necessary but a beverage such as coffee would be appreciated. Anyway, we're going to meet on Wed mornings until I can find a non-food venue that is free. Any suggestions for me for a better meeting place?

Dawalsh, I just read what you were saying about the meeting place, a coffee spot sounds brilliant to me! Even with that wonderful smell, most times, those old cravings don't exist any longer, I hope you all enjoy your time together, until something suitable comes along, it's tough if you are looking for something inside, maybe the mall walking program if you have an indoor mall. What about a park until it heats up again? Really depends on the size of your group.

You're at Panera bread and I'm in a real dilemma. I'm the group coordinator for support in Brevard County, FL. I tried to get one of the libraries for us to meet, they are booked for the entire summer for children's programs. So, I found a place called the Sunrise Bread Company. They sell coffee and all types of bread products. Anyway, they have a free room upstairs we can use no purchase necessary but a beverage such as coffee would be appreciated. Anyway, we're going to meet on Wed mornings until I can find a non-food venue that is free. Any suggestions for me for a better meeting place?

A church or a hospital?

The kicker is how things have changed since VSG.

I actually drove for over 3 hours down to Key West, FL..... to get a piece of Key Lime pie at a place I saw on a TV show. While the ride was great..... the pie did not live up to my expectations. Wasn't all that satisfying as I remembered.

Am I disappointed? Not really. I'm in it for the whole enchilada.

I'll just have to savor the recollections of my old food favorites. B)

Your right nothing ever tastes as good as the memory...But the pop tart hit it right on! :)

Okay guys I did the deed..Here is the evidence.....Gave the other one away..truly, really.....It hit the spot, right on!!! ;)

post-164040-0-67692700-1400364059_thumb.jpg

Ha! Well deserved and well consumed!

Out of interest, I do hope that second one didn't go to hubby - no matter how lovely he is! :P

I was craving a donut the other day so I sent hubby to Tim Horton's for a 10 piece timbit and I ate 1 cake timbit and gave the rest to him!!!! It satisfied the craving...

Nope I gave it to my daughter who drove me to the supermarket to get it..She said mom this stuff tastes like S**T and then after she took a bite she said mom why does it taste so good! LOL

I have never been a believer that you can't have a treat now and then. I was going to eat it whether he liked it or not....I'm just teasing you guys...But it was good to me....!

after losing 200 lbs. I think a pop tart is fine. I crave things now and then and I try to eat a small amt of whatever it is. but, I am still not at my goal and I know what triggers my eating bad. Sugar is addictive for me and ice cream is my nemesis. I try to limit the amt of sugar I eat and can't hardly keep ice cream in my house. I do have skinny cow chocolate moose bars in the freezer as a special treat now and then.

Im glad you had a treat. You should be able to have a treat occasionally. My friends who are naturally thin eaters do this and remain thin. The principal I have developed for myself is if I really crave it try a small serving, then observe the consequences. If a small serving satisfies the craving I put it in my rare treat category. But if I notice that the next day or so I'm really craving starchy sugary foods then I know it's not for me. For example I tried adding a little granola to my greek yogurt a few times and my cravings went through the roof. For me granola is a gateway carb. But a high quality dark chocolate truffle or 2 will hold me a month or more till the craving crops up again so I allow myself those once a month. We are all different, but I find variety and staying away from deprivation important for long term success. I'm just really grateful you feel up to eating a pop tart!!! Take care!

You want a pop tart? Eat a freaking pop tart! I prefer the low fat blueberry or apple cinnamon, myself.

I eat Reese's eggs, M&Ms, Thin Mints, brownies, ice cream...

Difference between a year ago and now? I eat just a little. You know, like a naturally thin person. I can now eat a few bites, slowly, enjoying it and move on. I no longer cram it in my face so fast I barely taste it. I track it, I stay below my daily goals 95% of the time, and I don't feel even a little bit bad about it.

I love this sleeve thing I "mutilated" my body with. I not only eat like a thin person, I almost AM a thin person.

Hope you enjoyed that pop tart and I hope you enjoy another one sometime soon. Nothing wrong with it.