Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is a stress test required before the banding?

I had a stress test on Fri. 4-13-07. I am a 50 year old female. I did ok, was on the treadmill for about 7 minutes, got over the target heart rate the doctor wanted me to reach, blood pressure was UP!, but I didn't take any medication until after the test was over. Boy!! Am I glad that is over with. Are there any other tests that the Dr. might order for me?

Thanks.

Also, this LapBandTalk.com is wonderful, I read it a lot. I learn from all your experiences, so please keep sharing the good and the not so good so we will continue to learn. I still have a nutrition class to attend, get a psych evaluation and finish up with my monthly progress notes for another 3-4 months.

Thanks everybody!!!:rain: It's been raining and chilly all day here in WV.

Not in Mexico---unless you have heart disease that might prove problematic during surgery/anesthesia. Seems to be required by physicians in the U.S.

Same here, I didn't have to do a stress test; however, depending on doctor or your health situation might call for one.

I had to get an EKG, an Upper GI and blood work pre-op. Plus, the psych consult of course!

I had one too.. but only because I have a benign cardiac arrithymia (irregular heartbeat), and very mild aortic stenosis (leaky valve). They wanted to be extra sure that I could handle the surgery. Typically, my doctor recommends just an EKG and Echocardiogram... I guess every practice is different.

I was not required to have a cardiac clearance before surgery, but my wife had gastric bypass and I remembered they did a cardio-lite test. Because of my family history and being over 50 I asked if I could do it and he wrote me up. Good thing. I passed the stress test but failed the re-perfusion part of the scan after the treadmill. Had a angiogram and found the left anterior descending artery(the widow maker) to be 80% blocked. He put a stent in and man did I feel better. The only drawback is that you have to wait for about a year before you go back and get the Lap band. I think it saved my life. Don't skimp on the tests, but get the cardio-lite test rather than just a stress test.

I Had to have one but I have Heart diease. Can someone tell me how to move my ticker? Went to my 2 week appt. and I lost 18 lbs.

Julia,

You have to go back on tickerfactory.com and log in. Then, you have to put in your new numbers and repost it to your signature page (just like how you added it the first time). You have to do this each time you want to change your numbers.

I had to have cardiac clearance due to family history....nuclear stress test and eco.

This psyc eval that so many posters talk about never came up. Mayfe because insurance wasn't paying?

Since I had a history of Prinzmetal's (non-blockage) angina and idiopathic cardiomyopathy, I was required to have one done, as well as be cleared by my cardiologist, who gave me the good news that my ejection fraction rose from 50 percent from the test I had in 2004 to 65 percent I had on the recent test. I was cleared the same day the results came in!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches