Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Visit with psychologist.

I'm sorry it went so badly. I had a weird appointment with the psych too.

Basically they should be screening for untreatex mental illness and active drug and alcohol addiction. They shouldn't nitpick us but I guess they feel like they have to fill the hour or half hour.

Your eating habits will totally change after surgery so there's no point in her arguing with you about it. You won't won't know until you get there.

I know what you mean about not emotional eating. I don't think I was either. Maybe sometimes but most of the time I just wanted to eat something that tasted good.

Thanks Love and Pj. :-) Ya, I just felt like she was telling me I'm going to fail, it's inevitable. I was trying to tell her that I won't and won't let it, otherwise what's the point of going through all this. And you're right, I won't know until I get there. I can't guarantee 100% that I won't try the "bad" foods but I can TRY not to. I told her that too.

I was going to continue seeing a therapist for my anxiety situations but now I'm not so sure. They'll just F me up in my head even more and that is a recipe for disaster for me. I'll try the workbook she recommended first instead.

Edited by itsmekarenlee

Had my evaluation tonight, We did about 45 min of talking and that was it.

I'm not really sure how I did..There were a few time's I thought I had said something wrong because of other thing's I have read. I don't really live around any of my support group, I'm 3hrs away from all my friends and family and I kind of told her that so I hope she doesn't hold it against me.

I told mine that I have a couple of wls boards online, my husband and my best friend who has a sleeve. Haven't told my family yet and only my husband mom so far.

I was sure to mention the message boards online and that I family members who also had the surgery and my best friend who is coming up to sit with me for one of the 3hr nutritional classes. So I hope that was enough.

I didn't like my psych visit. She had me in tears at one point because of a difference in opinion and she was adamant that I HAD to have a reason why I eat other than simply because it tastes good and I suck at Portion Control. I should have just lied and said that I eat when I'm sad, happy, bored, whatever just to have avoided all that. Plus there was a 561 T/F questionnaire and a few other pages of questions that took two hours to do on top of the one hour with her. It cost my husband and I $580 and that's because our deductible is not meet yet. These drs are trying to get us to pay the full amount instead of 20% after insurance pays so hopefully we'll get a check in the mail. Not sure. Anyway, I'll post her opinion and my opinion in a few when I'm on the computer. She could tell that I was upset and sat down and we talked about it which I was thankful for otherwise I would have been pissed off all night. I just went along with what she said. It ended fine and she told us not to worry at all about it and that we are great candidates for wls and her report will get to it surgeons office my next Monday.

i used to be a chemical dependency counselor. we would get referrals from the court for DWIs... people who had been evaluated by psychs already. i swear, it seemed some of these people did evals cause they sucked as therapists and counselors! they charged lots of money, had mandated clients and were just so sucky. there was nothing we could do about them though, even though they were terrible!

someone who is in my local support group said her evaluator was horrible and she complained to the hospital (was specific about things he said) and he's not on the referral list anymore.

i am actually so embarrassed by bad counselors...

I can't say if she is a 'bad' psych or not because it's my first time seeing one but it does make me even more hesitant with wanting to continue seeing one for my anxiety and other issues.

She called this morning to let us know that her reports are at our surgeon's office now and wishes us luck and wants to hear a great update on us next year. She said that on my written tests it did confirm a "mild" (ha) anxiety issue but it is under treatment so it's fine and she said she saw how flustered I got in our meeting. Well duh, if someone was making you feel like you WILL fail you'd get flustered too. I wanted to tell her that but I didn't. LOL So that part's finally done and over with and I don't have to see her again so THANK GOD.

Now, hopefully the surgeon's office will send in all of the paperwork ASAP to insurance for approval. I'm on a deadline! LOL

Edited by itsmekarenlee