Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

READ THIS B4 BEING BANDED...My Experience

Whew! That was rough!! I just did 30 minutes on the treadmill.......jeeze...the last 10 minutes are the worst. Takes everything in me to keep going. I tried not even looking at the timer but when i did glance at it i was like...OMG i have like 7 more minutes....it lingered........whew

I made it though.....before in the past i would have said there was no way.....or i would have stopped at 15 minutes.......i want to at the very least be able to hit my 30 minute or 1 mile mark which ever comes first. walking 2mph is actually pretty steady and breaks me into a sweat....but in the beginning i try to do 2.4mph and then slowly reduce it down. My goal when i am down 75 or more lbs is 3-4mph. My hubby can run 4mph and has no problem. I would probably croke if i even tried that.

Hopefully im conditioning my heart and at the very least making myself healthier!

Lets see iF i can walk tonight.......I might just take a break tonight.....but who knows....im gonna jump in the shower and see what energy that treadmill just brought me.

Who else has worked out today? Are you all in this with me?!?!.....post your exercise routine for today!!!!!

Remember there is no excuses allowed!!!!

Krystal, thank you for your honest and candid post. I felt like I was living your life with you. You are not alone. I am really glad that you went in for a sanity check and got another fill. One of the reasons you were able to eat around the band is you probably didn't have good enough restriction early on. Cut out drinking with meals and with a little better restriction you should be on your way. You can do this. Julie

Krystal,

Thank you for sharing your story. I am getting banded soon. Please continue to let us know how you are doing.

Amy

I think you have your head screwed on, and you CAN do this. The very best think about the band is that you dont have a window of opportunity, you can choose to begin working with it whenever you are ready.

My heart goes out to you, I never know what to say to those who really struggle with making the changes despite having a band because the bald truth is that you MUST do it or it wont work. Its as simple as that.

But you know, I think what many people have to work on is not the craving for the cheeseburger. What they have to work on is their actions after they have eaten the cheeseburger. You really somehow need to come to view it as just a cheeseburger, nothing more. If you eat one, so what? Nobody ever gained 20lb from eating one cheeseburger. But deep in so many people's psyche's seems to be some sort of reasoning that means that eating one cheeseburger means eating everythign in sight for the next six months.

We are only human. We are going to crave things that are not good for us and during our banded journeys we are going to eat them. I'm FAR from a perfect eater, I do eat the odd cheeseburger, I still love muffins and donuts, I do eat them occasionally. I drink far too much coffee and I like a glass of wine at night too. I also love many healthy foods. It all fits in there, everything in moderation. Stop expecting perfection from yourself, and try to learn how to just climb back up on the horse and get going again and you will get there, honestly.

Ok im heading to my den......im shooting for 30 minutes of walking! Hopefully there are some good episodes of Married w/Children in my DVD player!!! I was trying to think of something else I could do today that would be free and I could take my daughter. I dont want to sit around the house ALLLL day but sometimes thats the cheapest thing to do. It's about 50 degrees outside right now so it's a little chilly to be outside with my 3 yr old.

Wish me luck.,............IM OFF TO SEE THE TREADMILL......THE WONDERFUL TREADMILL --IN MY DEN!!!

DEAR GOD LET ME PUSH FOR 30 MINUTES! I KNOW I BEEN ASKIN ALOT LATELY.....I NEED THE WILL POWER TO DO 30 MINUTES....THATS ABOUT 1 MILE FOR ME.......PLEASE GOD......MAKE MY LEGS INVISIBLE AND MAKE MY BODY LIGHT AS AIR AS IF IM FLOATING OVER THAT STUPID TREADMILL....

AMEN

AMEN. Praying right along with you, Krystal.

Krystal,

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU. Look at you, taking control with your eating and your excercise! You are such an inspiration. I haven't been banded yet, but will be in a couple of weeks. Keep up the great work and keep posting! I am praying right along with you.

Cindy

<p><p>I think it is amazing how so many people have sent me private messages to tell me they are going through the same thing. </p> <p> </p> <p>Why are we scared to be judged? I know I was. It's hard to except failure once again.....but lets except it and MOVE ON......</p> <p> </p> <p>BOND WITH ME!!!! If you want me to call and check on you I will!!! Leave me your name and number....Ill make calls daily if you want me to!!!!</p> <p> </p> <p>LET'S DO THIS TOGETHER NOT ALONE!!!</p></p>

So I didnt eat ALL that great yesterday.......i didnt do too bad...but i still didnt do that great.

cry.gif Today I started off good but I had alot going on. I ended up doing alot around the house and also some homework for school. When I went down in the den to walk I was not wanting to walk at all.....I got on, set the timer for 30 min and started walking......then my legs were burning and i was ready to stop after 5 minutes!!! WHAT HAPPENED?

I had no umpff to walk....i pushed myself to get to 15min .52 miles. so only a half mile today....better than nothing i suppose.

I dont know what happened or why im so tired. I think it is because I didnt do it this morning. By mid day i was already tired.....so maybe ill try and do 15 more minutes tonight when i get home.

ughangry.gif

I hope it isnt a struggle everyday like this...i was doing so good last week.

Dear God Please give me the strength to move on and push forward. Give me the will to do good for my body and cherish what i have done so far......and PLEASE God keep me away from that stupid candy my daughter got for Easter! A-MEN

Krystal,

Thank you so much for sharing your story. Your so very honest and I know it will help someone. The beauty of the band is it is there for you when your ready. Your not alone in the battle and thinking, many people go into the surgery to "fix" their problem and it just doesn't happen that way. My cousin had Gastric Bypass in November, I had my lap band in January, I've almost lost what she has lost. The difference is I'm working with the band, she is still waiting on her bypass to lose the weight for her. I've tried to explain it to her that she has to do some of the work, maybe I will direct her over here to your story.

Keep us posted in your progress, we are all cheering for you!

Krystal,

I can SOOOO feel your pain. Thanks for the brutally honest post and the reminder that exercise really makes the difference.

If you can do it, so can I. No excuses.

Walk through the burn....

Hugs!!

This post should be required reading for all band patients. You should have your oen blog. Do you?

I DO HAVE MY JOURNAL......SO I WILL BE BLOGGING THROUGH THAT. FEEL FREE TO KEEP UP WITH IT DAILY!!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR APPRECIATION OF MY STORY.

Hi Krystal,

You've motivated me to come out of lurkdom!

I just wanted to say that you are inspiring and that you have another aussie follower watching you win your way back to a healthy lifestyle.

Keep up the great work, and just keep on trying.

I believe that you WILL get there!

xxx Rava

Ok sister.. you have inspired me to get off my arse! I let weather rule as an excuse not to walk last week.

Yesterday I walked for 30 minutes 1.6 miles. Today I went to the park and walked a premeasured two frickin' miles!!!! WHOOT!

T