Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting banded in April?

Hiya all,

I'm new to this, getting banded on the 28th April, in Manchester, starting my pre op diet of shakes on wed.

Saw my consultant today, went really well, very nice man easy to talk to and answered all my questions (Dr Ashton).

So my journey begins, (a long long journey, as have alot to lose)

My only worry is........ and this prob sounds dead silly, but i'm just so worried i'll not wake up from surgery. I've been reassured i will, but it scares the hell out of me.

Oh and having my galbladder removed at the same time.

I have ben advised it will take 1 week to recover, can anyone give me any advise as to when you went back to work?

Also are theer any other April people out there? looking for buddy to share experiences/support.

Rach x

I was banded last Thursday. I know I was told in several areas that some people were ready to go back to work in two-three days, but not me. The only area of real pain is in the site of the port placment, but I alxo had my gallbladder out and that does not even bother me. I am not sure when I will be ready to be back to normal, but I will be soon. If it wasn't for the port site I would not have any soreness or pain. I am planning to go back to work in a week though.

thank you for the reply.

Where did you have your op done?

Did you do a pre op diet? if so how did you find it?

I have only ever had pain from my galbladder once and i thought i was having a heart attack, went to a & e as did not know what it was and was diaginised a week later after a ultra sound, and was offered by my GP to go on the waiting list to have it removed but i decided not to, as i had not had any pain since, but today at my consultation the dr recomended i had it removed as loseing vast amout of weight it would more than likley trigger it again, so best to remove it at the same time.

I am awaiting a call on monday to find out teh extra cost, if too much i will ask my GP to put me on the NHS waiting list.

I have a week and 1 day booked off work, it also my b day the weekend following my op, so have posponed the celebration with the girls.

Hope your port wound heals soon.

Would be good to keep in touch to share experiences.

where abouts in the country are you?

R

Hi Rachel,

I'm also being banded on the 18th. This site has been great for answering lots of questions and finding out lots of things about being banded - some I never expected! I'm also a bit afraid of waking up after the op! I guess I'm just going to leave it in the hands of the docs.

This is the main link for all the April 07 bandsters - there are lots of us! Come and introduce yourself over there and get your name on the surgery list. :mad:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/april-2007-head-t29472.html

Ellen.

hiya suzie,

Hope your not feeling too sore.

did you stay in over night?

feeling gassy?

how are you finding the post op Fluid diet?, you keeping it all down?

R

:mad: Hi

I was booked for April 3rd at Taunton Nuffield, unfortunately 50 minutes before I was due to go to theatre the surgen rang in sick!! I was GUTTED It's the first time he has been off sick in four years.

Anyway I fnally had my band fitted on Weds 11th April and I am feeling pretty good. So if there are any April bandster clubs please can I join???

I live in Plymouth, I am trying hard to think of the band as my friend and not my enemy at the moment, so need lots of encouragment.

Trish x :D

Hiya all

Main problem is trapped wind - not pleasant at all!, tummy was very bloated yesterday but has gone down today, my appitite has returned with avengance this afternoon!

Keeping everything down ok but currently starving although its probably head hunger as oposed to being truely hungry!

... v. pleased with scars! they are tiny and are internally stitched so hopefully will disappear to nothing!

Anyone know how to get onto the april bansters link as i cant use the one above it doesnt work for me?

Also what is everyone eating/drinking at the mo? getting a bit bored of yohurts!!!

Hi Suzieq, I was banded April 3rd in Florida, USA. I've healed nicely and I'm again enjoying solid foods. (It helps to puree or grind foods like chicken, turkey, steak when you're allowed to eat it again. I had a liquid diet for 2-wks

pre-op and 4-wks post-op. Now its great! I eat slowly, chewing a lot, and actually can tell when I'm full. It's amazing, really.

As for the April banster site, just type in Apil 07 Bandsters under "search" and it will bring you to the thread for it.

Good luck with your healing.